• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3DS Features?

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
What features of the 3DS do you think will be implemented into the game? I think SpotPass could be used for a trainer base type setup, trainer knowledge swapping (televisions mention nearby players), evolutions, clothing shop options, trainer battles. They could also do that 3DS mini-game type thing by putting Pokemon into our world using the camera and you have to catch them in your room or something. Besides the obvious 3D feature itself, what else do you think will be implemented?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think there will be some Streepass functions so that you can get trainer ID's and have battles with their Pokemon. There could be a large range of facilities for Streetpass to work in, such as Pokemon contests.

Spotpass could also be used for free DLC items like event Pokemon, and there could also be some degree of AR support and motion controls, although those could probably only be used for minigames.

The AR support could have something like the PSP title Invisimals, a Pokemon-esque title which used AR with a plug-in camera.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i think they'll use spotpass but i dunno about streetpass since not everyone brings their 3ds with them everywhere they go (even less with xl) also some places are really passive about it imo for example where i live there is utterly no chances of coming across a 3ds owner. it wouldnt be too bad but i'd rather they dont force it to you like 5th gens internet (c-gear im looking at you) and dont put exclusive pokemon or items in it too. they might use ar or who knows maybe dream radar too ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
i think they'll use spotpass but i dunno about streetpass since not everyone brings their 3ds with them everywhere they go (even less with xl) also some places are really passive about it imo for example where i live there is utterly no chances of coming across a 3ds owner. it wouldnt be too bad but i'd rather they dont force it to you like 5th gens internet (c-gear im looking at you) and dont put exclusive pokemon or items in it too. they might use ar or who knows maybe dream radar too ^^

Street pass is a given add in. It may not be available for you, but for people in Japan they always have their's on them. I always have mine on me despite there being very few people to do the same locally, but I work near 3 Gamestops. All I have to do is visit each of them and I get a few hits. Sometimes some kids come in with theirs at work too.

As for exclusives, you know we will have some. Its a trademark of Pokemon as a franchise to always have some form of exclusive content. Whether its in game or through some add on content like Pokewalker or Dream World. Its bound to happen especially for older Pokemon.

Back