• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Before Nintendo can release information on the new Pokemon set to appear, what are your predictions/wants for Pokemon to appear in the new games? And what sort of new type combinations would you like to see? As a reminder, this thread isn't to discuss new types. That would belong in the An introduction of new types...? thread.

I know a friend of mine is desperately waiting for an Ice/Flying Owl.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'm honestly just hoping for new stuff. Not doing things they've done before or if they do go that way do it in a better way (Fennekin > Vulpix). I preferably hope they don't make everything all cutsy~!

Some sort of electrical device for an electric type, a killer whale, maybe a capybara as the new rodent!

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
A lobster like Crawdaunt except Water/Fire that has a straight horizontal moustache and a back thats on fire flowing up into a fire mohawk. Top that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Agreed @ those who said dolphin. Um, I want CUTE stuff like mice and things like that!! Nothing in particular, but any cute animal (even like a WEIRO omg actually no I want them, or some kind of Canary idek BUT STRONG BIRDS PLZ).

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
By what the trailer showed, there will be a stronger integration of previous generation's pokemon than other generations (minus gen 2) so I'm hoping that they finish up some evolutionary lines (I'd like to see an awesome Shuckle evolution!)

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I want a Dark/Normal cat pokemon or a Fire/Ground or Normal/Ground Pig pokemon(something groundish, not a pig like Emboar)

Years
I'd like them to realise Pinsir should be part fighting but this really isn't the place for that haha. I'm honestly clueless as to what we might get, most of the pokemon from Black/White were basically remakes of past pokemon so I just want something more original.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
By what the trailer showed, there will be a stronger integration of previous generation's pokemon than other generations (minus gen 2) so I'm hoping that they finish up some evolutionary lines (I'd like to see an awesome Shuckle evolution!)
I'd imagine they purposefully used old Pokémon in the trailer to focus the attention on the graphics rather than the Pokémon. :P

Now, since this is basically a Pokémon wishlist...

- An actual panda pokemon.
- A lemur! <3
- a whale other than the stereotypical blue one (Wailord). Obviously dolphin, and a killer whale would be awesome too!
- Give me a Torkoal evo. And make it fire/water. >:(

Years
I would love a psychic-dark typed pokemon that resembles like an Efgyptian Sphinx sort f thing. Other than that, I'd like a grass-ghost type Pokemon, and some evolutions for formerly mediocre Pokemon.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I hope there is no more food-based Pokemon.
Holy goodness, that was the most silly idea you can come up for a Pokemon.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
From the 5 pokemons we've seen, I m more inclined to the view that pokemons will be a little more "detailed" this time around. Thus, i believe the new pokemons will be based on more exotic creatures.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I agree with those who said lemur and dolphin. I'd also like to see more evolutions, and maybe even some pre-evolutions. A Psychic/Electric-type would be cool. And I wanna see another Pokémon that has a split evolution, depending on the time of the day.

Years
During the video, some websites have done screen shots, there is a part where one of the protag's is crossing a bridge leaving a castle like building. In the background therevis a statue in the water. Golurk is on the statue but there are also 3 or 4 other figures, one of them is probably a trainer or gym leader ( if not is the most humanoid mon yet lols) the others im not so sure at a glance what they are

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Warning: Long list of new Pokemon prediction

Spoiler:

That's all I could think on my head for non-starter Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
During the video, some websites have done screen shots, there is a part where one of the protag's is crossing a bridge leaving a castle like building. In the background therevis a statue in the water. Golurk is on the statue but there are also 3 or 4 other figures, one of them is probably a trainer or gym leader ( if not is the most humanoid mon yet lols) the others im not so sure at a glance what they are

This is the picture i think you're referring to:
Spoiler:

It looks like Golurk, a trainer, and Palpitoad with one other character I can't quite make out. Maybe they're just waiting to reveal more Pokemon to us.

Back