• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Logic

Ice Car

Banned
Years
i.e. Stuff in Pokemon games that don't make sense, or apparently make sense in the Pokemon world. You know what I'm talking about, right? There are a lot of these little things in the Pokemon World that make little to no sense when applied to real life.

Do these things bother you in any way?

Care to list some of them that you either encountered recently or are stuck in the back of your head, like they do for me?

I'll start off with a couple:

-Cynthia's House must be made some of the finest materials on the planet. Tidal Waves and Earthquakes? PSHHHHHHHHH. Her house is spotless and nothing has moved an inch after the battle.
-Earthquake in the Battle Subway. No explanation needed.
-Every trainer in this game has to have tunnel vision.
-When you use Earthquake to kill a Digger... How does the trainer withdraw the pokemon from under the ground? Good God.
-No Guard Machamp just Low Kicked a flying bird. NO.
-Where's my Bicycle? Oh, my bad, it was in THAT pocket...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For the fourth point in the OP, it's likely that the KO'd Digger is forced out of the ground at the time Earthquake is used.

And here's another one: when you're using Dive, how can you stay underwater for hours on end without having to come up to the surface to breathe/have scuba gear on?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Heres one; how can a sleeping pokemon break out the pokeball and still come out sleeping? >.>

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
You are unable to pass even the smallest of bushes, and you can only get rid of certain ones if you've learned a specific move and beat a specific gym.

Like the above, you're unable to cross any body of water without the use of a Pokemon that can learn, and has Surf, and you also have to obtain a certain badge to use it outside of battle.

Lots of strong moves do not affect the enviroment in any way, and the only instance I can recall of such a thing happening is in the beginning of Black and White, where moves like Scratch, Growl and Tackle make a complete mess of the players home.

People spend their entire lives just standing at one place, waiting for this one specific person to pass by so that they can challenge them. Once the battle is over, they go back to where they stood before and waits for the person to return and possibly rebattle them.

Characters in the anime can jump like 20 feet in the air at some points, but can't even manage to get out of small holes, which they also keep falling for. They can't recognize voices or faces either.

Just what was at the top of my head.

Back