• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Dark Rising (Recruiting ASAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
INTRODUCTION: I'm DarkRisingGirl & I recently re-started my hack "Pokemon Dark Rising". It's a hack of FireRed in which I attempted to complete on my own as a novice to Rom Hacking last year and as you can guess, it failed terribly. However, after months of learning new things and practicing, I've become quite good at most features in hacking. Proof of my accomplishments is the hack, Pokemon Dark Rising, which is now in the progression hacks section: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279049
Why I'm requesting to start a team is simple; Although I've become adapt with rom hacking, I'm still not good enough to make what I vision, possible. This is why I would like to recruit an intermediate to advance group of hackers who can assist me in creating possibly one of the best hacks in a long time. (Best part of joining this team...Your Ideas Matter. If you have an idea, please feel free to share it. If it relates to the storyline and events in the game, 70-80% of the time, I will approve of it.)

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR: -An advance/expert skillful Scripter who can add on to what I've already done.

-A Tile Cleaner/Inserter. I've inserted some tiles that look really good. But there's some that need to be fixed up abit before it can look fully acceptable. That's what I mean by Tile Cleaner. I also need someone to insert new, more better tiles, as well.

-A Music Inserter. This is very much needed as I have never attempted this as of Yet. I'm willing to learn how, and know what sorts of sounds I would love for this hack. However, I have not gotten to any of it.

-Someone who can insert a Title Screen/Introduction to game sprites/ and trainerbacks for Pokemon battles.

-Someone who has very good sprites of newer generation Pokemon. About 80% of the pokemon sprites in this hack are already in good shape. However, there's a few that need a serious upgrade. Such as Drapion, Braviary, Gigilaith, Electivire, etc...

APPLICATION: Please fill out this form if you're intrigued by what you've seen of Pokemon Dark Rising thus far & would like to contribute to the progress.

Name:
Skills:
What part of What I'm Looking For can you contribute the best at:
Something random about you:
Proof of Work(If possible. If not, it's okay.):
Time Zone:

Thank You. I forgot to mention another important quality I'm looking for in this team; FUN! Let's have Fun making this hack better and work hard at the same time.

TEAM: Tajaros-Scripter
Atif-Mapper

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Name: tajaros
Skills: Scripting, Ideas, Basic Mapping, Pokemon Info
What part of What I'm Looking For can you contribute the best at: I think it will be Scripting...
Something random about you: Wootwoot!
Proof of Work: Front of the computer Hacking
Time Zone: +8 (Philippines)
Contact: email [email protected] pm me for more contact info. :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
We have a Scripter(Tajaros) & Mapper(Atif), now we need a music inserter. If there's anyone who's really good at inserting music, please post or send me a PM. I already have the MiDi Files for D/P & B/W which are the songs I want inserted. Thanks in Advance!
(You'll be able to start inserting music early next week once the scripter & mapper have completed their parts individually & I put everything together in 1 Rom.)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Woohoo!

Thread officially hot!

Let's celebrate! lol :)

hey DRG I have sprites of some sprites of BW indexed and resized to 64x64
also I have complete sprites of the 4th gen indexed and resized but it seems you already have all the sprites right?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Still looking for someone to:

-Create/Insert a Titlescreen for the Hack.
-Change the Introduction sprites.
-Insert Battle Backgrounds/Trainer Backs.
-Create a WorldMap for the hack & insert it.

Alot of great progress has already been completed & it's near Beta completion. However, I won't release the beta until the things above are completed. So please join the team, even if it's for a brief moment to help out on the above things. Thank You.

The main thread for the hack has been updated in the progession hacks section. Give it a look if you're intersted. Here it is:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279049

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2021
Hello, sorry to bother you but i would like to know where you learnt how to script, and you know like other stuff: website, YT channels; and well you know stuff like that, i wanna play make my own hack but i'm finding it really difficult please help, ty.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Hello, sorry to bother you but i would like to know where you learnt how to script, and you know like other stuff: website, YT channels; and well you know stuff like that, i wanna play make my own hack but i'm finding it really difficult please help, ty.

If you want to learn how to script try this tutorial. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

If you still don't get it try diegoisawesome's tutorial. :)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Hey DRG, what happened to DR2?

He won't share it to the public although she is working on it.

Skills:Spriting
What part of What I'm Looking For can you contribute the best at:Sprites
Something random about you:Eh? I like the color blue...?
Proof of Work(If possible. If not, it's okay.):http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/wasay3/library/?sort=3&page=2 And http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/wasay3/library/?sort=3&page=1
Time Zone:+5

Umm, no just no...

DR is already finish check the hacks showcase forum LOL.

Years
If Dark Rising is finished, I can assume that this team isn't in use, and so there is no real need for the thread. Furthermore, a revival occurred with Ninja Bunny's post above being a couple months past the limit.

Be sure to check the stickied rule threads of each section to ensure you're not breaking any revival limits by posting!

Closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back