• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dreams.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Discuss dreams in this thread. Discussion can include, but not be limited to,

- dreams you've had recently
- what you think dreams tell us
- if what happens (or will happen!) in the real world can present itself in some way in dreams.

I'm gonna try this out here and see if it forms a proper discussion or chat about anything and if it doesn't, I'll send it to OVP.

Discuss away!

Nihilego

Years
So you mean... you dream without falling asleep? Or you dream of being asleep? Which I imagine would be a weird one lol.

Years
[SIZE="a"]I think dreams tell us to be cautious about something. Or what u desire.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]
So you mean... you dream without falling asleep? Or you dream of being asleep? Which I imagine would be a weird one lol.

I dream of being asleep in school lol. Yeah it's really weird[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Nihilego

Years
Yeah that is a bit weird lol. Do you just like, see yourself sleeping or something and that's all?

In hindsight I'm not the best person to have made this thread, simply because I've never remembered a dream I've had, although I'm sure I've had them before. WHO CAN DESCRIBE THEM TO ME.

Years
[SIZE="a"]
Yeah that is a bit weird lol. Do you just like, see yourself sleeping or something and that's all?

In hindsight I'm not the best person to have made this thread, simply because I've never remembered a dream I've had, although I'm sure I've had them before. WHO CAN DESCRIBE THEM TO ME.

Ahah i see like i do when i wake. First person lol. You can actually train urself remembering dreams. XD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]Here is one entry of my dream journal lol.
March5- i dreamt that that i found my pokewalker. But it was huge and then i was in the poke world later. There were many tms. Weird dream[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
This one is a few months old, but it's pretty wacky.

I was working in the Army, and my job entailed catching snake skins thrown by my superior from across the table, and then laying them on the ground. While doing this, we were talking and joking about things... I don't really remember specifics though. After awhile, he threw something else along with one of the snake skins, and I freaked out, and dropped it. I was really scared until I looked closer and said, "it's a knocked out possum."(It kinda looked like Zorua.) Which sort of calmed me down a bit. I started to go back to work, and then it jumped up, turned white and red, and everything else around me faded to white... while it walked toward me saying "pokeMAAN, pokeMAAN, pokeMAAN." over and over, in a fairly high pitched, ghostly voice, and getting bigger and bigger... and that's when I woke up, completely terrified. After about 2 or 3 seconds I started to lmao though, because it was just so stupid. lol

Also, there was that one dream where all of the transexual members of this forum were superheroes, lol. I already told that one in the LGBT thread though. lol

TWV

Years
The Lucid Dreaming Thread

I have searched around the forum a bit,band I found that we don't have a lucid dreaming thread! So here it is! :)

Lucid Dreaming

If you don't know what lucid dreaming is, google it. The Internet has a lot of info about the topic.

In short, lucid dreaming is when you realize that you're dreaming WHEN you're in a dream, and in that way you can control the entire dream to fly, explore, have super powers, everything!

In this thread, you can ask about lucid dreaming in general, write your own experiences, get hints and advices and just hang out with fellow dreamers! :D

Nihilego

Years
Since it's on the topic of dreaming, I'm gonna merge this into the other dream thread.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Had a dream last night where I was in a completely empty school in the middle of the night, tried finding some other people there but every room was vacant, by the time I got outside to the front of the school I heard a feminine voice asking me if I regretted any choices I made along the course of my life, I woke up soon after hearing those words.

The kind of dreams I'm used to having myself are either insane scenarios such as homicical clones of Spongebob Squarepants running rampant and destroying the cities of the world or subtle hints towards a potential deja vu such as a potential future conversation with someone. At least that happens to me sometimes but not too often nowadays sadly.

Not sure on whether the world itself is a dream or not tbh.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've realized I was dreaming a few times, but always decide that I should wake up immediately once I realize it. It's really annoying. lol

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
I always have dreams where people I know are like semi hybrid monsters who are killing everyone I know and eating them and then chase me, I wake up once they catch me.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Dreams can be very frightening and be a form of self-torture. They can be a passageway into your deepest fears.

I used to get a reoccuring nightmare of my mother kidnapping me, driving in a car, and driving us off of a cliff, bridge, or anything else, followed by a flash of light as I awoke (assuming it was death). I would never be able to escape. One night, though, the dream changed, as I had hit her in the head, causing us to collide into another car (yet again followed by death). Another time, I escaped the vehicle; this happened once more, along with me rescuing my mother.

Sometimes, I get these completely odd dreams that make no sense whatsoever.

I had this one dream where I was a severely obese African woman. It started out as I was walking down into a store. I went inside, bought some shoes, and next thing I know, I was at my house preparing for a date. I met up with the love of my life, and it was at a lovely restaurant. Everything seemed amazing: the music, the food, the drinks. Suddenly, my lover steps down onto one knee, slips a ring onto my finger, and says, "Will you marry me?" To this, I scream a thousand times, "Yes," as one would naturally do so. This was followed by him pulling out a gun, putting it to my head, and pulling the trigger. Then, some announcer voice said, "SO...YOU MUST BE WONDERING WHAT JUST HAPPENED!" It then began to show me a "behind the scenes" thing...which was far more sophisticated than what I believed it to be.

Some dreams, however, I find seem to become a reality.

Once, I was dreaming I was in class, and we were going over some work. I wasn't really paying attention, but I caught some key words, key surroundings, and key voices. Months later, my dream came true; I was sitting in the same desk (we switched desks every week), looking at a certain direction, I felt the same boredom, and my teacher was saying the same words.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm unique in that I remember at least some of my dream almost every night. I think part of it is how much effort I put into it; if I have the slightest inkling that I can remember my dream I repeat it to myself over and over so I can tell my boyfriend because he thinks my dreams are hilarious lol. So then my brain is conditioned to think that I want to remember my dreams so I don't forget as easily.

Guest123_x1

I have so many weird dreams it's not even funny. Sometimes they are vivid enough for me to remember, often long enough for me to write down. Some examples are:
  • Last night, I had a dream that I was forced to go back to high school and quit my job. Understandably, I was very upset about it.
  • The night before, I had a dream that I was in high school (probably 9th or 10th grade), and had to write a combination of two different stories (taking part of one novel and part of another and combining the two), in which I was so mad, to the point of swearing about it.
  • One time I had a dream that I was in high school, entering my next class, (which took place long after I already graduated), had a bad temper, in which a friend of mine told me to calm down. I then told her about my family, and wished it was 1950 all over again (when standard US postage stamps were 3 cents, gas was 18 cents a gallon and contained lead, a Coke set you back five cents, and Detroit's population was 1.8 million-being the fifth largest city in the nation at the time.)
    In addition, around that same time, I dreamt that I was in economics taking a quiz, and couldn't figure out some equations. I vented my anger by telling the aforementioned friend that I wished I was in Detroit (where my mom came from).
  • Back when I was actually still in school, I had a dream that there was a fatal shooting at the regional vocational center I also attended, and I was falsely accused of it.
  • I also have had dreams of several places burning down, such as a small supermarket near Flint (at least a couple of years before the store actually did burn down), the first elementary school I went to, the upstairs apartment of a party store near me, etc.
  • Not that long ago, I had a dream that I had to call somebody in Flint (of which I live about 25 miles northeast from), and almost dialed area code 313 (to be fair, Flint's area code was 313 until December 1, 1993, after which current area code 810 was created).
All of those seem to tell me that my imagination can run wild sometimes. As for what can happen in the real world that manifests itself in a dream, for me, the aforementioned supermarket burning down is one of my examples.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
I have so many weird dreams it's not even funny. Sometimes they are vivid enough for me to remember, often long enough for me to write down. Some examples are:
  • Last night, I had a dream that I was forced to go back to high school and quit my job. Understandably, I was very upset about it.
  • The night before, I had a dream that I was in high school (probably 9th or 10th grade), and had to write a combination of two different stories (taking part of one novel and part of another and combining the two), in which I was so mad, to the point of swearing about it.
  • One time I had a dream that I was in high school, entering my next class, (which took place long after I already graduated), had a bad temper, in which a friend of mine told me to calm down. I then told her about my family, and wished it was 1950 all over again (when standard US postage stamps were 3 cents, gas was 18 cents a gallon and contained lead, a Coke set you back five cents, and Detroit's population was 1.8 million-being the fifth largest city in the nation at the time.)
    In addition, around that same time, I dreamt that I was in economics taking a quiz, and couldn't figure out some equations. I vented my anger by telling the aforementioned friend that I wished I was in Detroit (where my mom came from).
  • Back when I was actually still in school, I had a dream that there was a fatal shooting at the regional vocational center I also attended, and I was falsely accused of it.
  • I also have had dreams of several places burning down, such as a small supermarket near Flint (at least a couple of years before the store actually did burn down), the first elementary school I went to, the upstairs apartment of a party store near me, etc.
  • Not that long ago, I had a dream that I had to call somebody in Flint (of which I live about 25 miles northeast from), and almost dialed area code 313 (to be fair, Flint's area code was 313 until December 1, 1993, after which current area code 810 was created).
All of those seem to tell me that my imagination can run wild sometimes. As for what can happen in the real world that manifests itself in a dream, for me, the aforementioned supermarket burning down is one of my examples.

Ahh...and last NIGHT, I had a dream that my entire school was in a lock down because of me and a handful of other people. There were weapons scattered across the school, such as knives, swords, etc, and the announcements came on to say nobody could leave until there were 500 dead. Well, in my dream, I killed some random kids. I stabbed, cut, and sliced some people I know. I apologized when I realized...and then ran away. My alarm clock thankfully woke me up. Ugh.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Ah, dreams.
My nocturnal brain farts. <3

I usually dream 4 nights a week or so, depending if I'm getting proper sleep and if I'm feeling sick. (Autoimmune things will do that a lot to ya...)

I've had a fair amout of predictive dreams. Never anything important, though. Usually something like shaking someone's hand, or crossing the street while hearing a certain song. It takes about a year and a half to come true more or less.

Um...if anyone would like, I have a bunch of books and stuff on dream interpretation. I could maybe 'translate'...?

Years
When I have a dream -one that I enjoy- I usually just continue it in my mind; hence I can't know what's a dream.

An example is if I having I dream, where something bads happening to me, I just think of a way to change that when I wake up. I've got to stop doing that.

Anybody else do it?

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
I do that sometimes.
Usually if I do, though, it was one of 'those' dreams. You know. The ones that are too good to let go of just because your alarm says so. :P

Has anyone had this happen? You wake up from a dream where you were mad/arguing with someone, and as the day goes on, you still feel that way a little? Even though, obviously, none of it actually happened?

Psycho Bugler

Jew Extrordinaire!
Years
I hated this dream.

My boss at the movie theater hired me back. It was horrible. I wanted to die all night.

So they're hardcore Baptist fundies. I'm a little liberal. Every time I went to work I was horrified that they'd find out I wasn't straight or that I was a music major (they HATED music majors, actually they hated students in general.) Eventually I just got tired of their demeaning bigotry and quit, but they pulled the "you can't quit, because I'm firing you" shenanigans. Needless to say, I was happy when I woke up.

Oh god. I just remembered that I had to wear that awful turquoise strap on bowtie that all the employees are required to wear.

Back