• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How would you feel if the games got delayed?

Years
How would you feel if both, Pokemon X and Y, got delayed? I would honestly hate if it got delayed several months ahead of October.. I mean I can wait a day or two, maybe even a week or a month but not several months. How would you guys feel? Discuss!

Note: Grand Theft Auto 5 was announced to be released in the Spring of 2013 and got pushed to September.. That's what got me thinking.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
If it was a couple days to a month, i'd be fine with that. My birthday is in november so it wouldn't kill me if they were delayed a month at max.. Several months would be reasonable only if they were adding some other new features. other than that, several months would be too much time to waste.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
It's such an early release for Gen 6 I think. B2/W2 JUST recently came out and then BAM - Pokémon X and Y were announced to come out in eight months. It's kind of rushed I feel like. I think that as long as it lives up to everyone's expectations, it can be delayed a while longer to provide more time for increased hype and to add more valuable features and increase the overall aesthetics of the game.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
So long as it's not like GTA 5. (And I hope Pokecommunity's admins will be sensible enough to put a crying baby over the X/Y section if it does.)

Anyways, I do expect a minor delay. November is the latest I'd be willing to go without complaining.

Years
The very first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the thread title was GTA V. I actually pre-ordered it about a week before the release date was pushed back, and right off the bat I was pretty mad. But, I figure that I'd rather get a complete, higher quality game that's worth my money, than a game that's just above average that'll quickly collect dust on my shelf. Plus, it gives me the time to play other games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect while I wait.

If Pokemon X/Y underwent a similar setback, I'd be upset to start out with like most, and then optimistic like I am with GTA (plus, it would give me even more time to go back and play White 2, which I still haven't fully completed). I'd even be okay with an extra 4 months of waiting like GTA, as long as the quality of the game shows it when it finally hits shelves.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be disappointing to me if they delayed the games, but it would understandable if they had to add more features into the game or something like that. But usually a delay would be good in the long run 'cause the gameplay would be better. Just think of the ROM Hacks as an example, normally if some of the ROM Hackers provide out a release date... it can sometimes be delayed for good reasons.

So The Pokémon Company had announced a release for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y worldwide in October 2013, which was announced on January 8th... which I'd say is rather too early to be even announcing a release date for a certain month or something. In my opinion... they should've said "4th Quarter of 2013" rather than saying "October 2013". Which would push the developers to rush their development of Pokémon X and Y quite alot in which could make it maybe not as rushed as Black/White... but pretty rushed. After I saw this topic it got me thinking about the developers and made me start worrying a little about what might happen.

So yeah, I think The Pokémon Company did make a mistake on that part of announcing a October 2013 release. Here's the thing, it shouldn't be about how soon a game should be releasing, it should be about how good quality and excellent gameplay it has to offer. If they announced a release date of "Worldwide on Q4 of 2013", then the developers would've taken their time to improve the quality of gameplay.

A good example of this is Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pikmin 3, which really made me think "I really shouldn't believe in release dates unless it's about a month or two away". But the extended development time in the long run would result in a much better game, but then again... I look at Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which is the English version and is much later than it's release in Japan... it kind of makes me think there'll be features removed in that game, but that's a totally different story though.

Here's a tip: Never announce a release date (even if it's just the month) unless you're very close to finishing the project. ;)

tnfsf11

I would feel happy, because a delay means that they're actually taking their time to make a quality game instead of rushing everything up to fit the deadline.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmmmm.. Well, judging from the trailer, they seem to already have quite a bit of work done. For example: Pt, BW and HG/SS were, at some point, in development at the same time. So i would guess they might've already started the development somewhat during that of BW2. Also, i don't think the games ever were delayed. So even if this happens, at most it will be a month or maybe 2

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hmmmm.. Well, judging from the trailer, they seem to already have quite a bit of work done. For example: Pt, BW and HG/SS were, at some point, in development at the same time. So i would guess they might've already started the development somewhat during that of BW2. Also, i don't think the games ever were delayed. So even if this happens, at most it will be a month or maybe 2
It's possible they've been working on it since they got the 3Ds kit back in 2009 (irc), if they were to delay it it'll be real annoying however the pokemon series has a good track record of getting it's games out on time.

Now if it is delayed I'll feel very upset, yet if for some reason they were to bump it forward a month I'll be very happy.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I mean, if they were to get delayed I'd be annoyed but then I'd also move on. It's happened to me before with Mass Effect and other games.

It's such an early release for Gen 6 I think. B2/W2 JUST recently came out and then BAM - Pokémon X and Y were announced to come out in eight months. It's kind of rushed I feel like. I think that as long as it lives up to everyone's expectations, it can be delayed a while longer to provide more time for increased hype and to add more valuable features and increase the overall aesthetics of the game.

Pretty sure Generation VI has been in development for AT LEAST a couple of years so it's probably not that quick for them although it may seem that way for us.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
Pretty sure Generation VI has been in development for AT LEAST a couple of years so it's probably not that quick for them although it may seem that way for us.

I realize that, it just seems like it would make more sense to have waited till maybe next year to start pushing Gen 6 out. I'm not at all saying that I'm not glad it's coming out so soon, it's just that they've never released games back-to-back like this before.
Maybe it's just me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'd be extremely disappointing, and saddened too (almost to the point where I could feel tears coming down one of my eyes).... at least it would give me a reason to look forward into the future.

I'm very patient, I can wait for long times without getting frustrated....

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I realize that, it just seems like it would make more sense to have waited till maybe next year to start pushing Gen 6 out. I'm not at all saying that I'm not glad it's coming out so soon, it's just that they've never released games back-to-back like this before.
Maybe it's just me.

It's not as back-to-back as you think. B2W2 were announced a full year ago. And remember, Gen 6 won't officially arrive until X & Y are released. Technically, we're still in Gen 5 and will be until October. By then, Gen 5 will be over 3 years old.

The only difference is that they announced X & Y 10 months ahead of its scheduled release, much more than usual. That's why it may feel rushed, but we're still a long way from getting these games. It won't feel as rushed by the time October actually gets here.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I wouldn't be too bent out of shape about it, most Harvest Moon games release dates are changed (usually for a later date) but I've gotten used to 'unofficial' release dates haha x_x

Plus they made the smart move of announcing only the month so that gives them time to determine if it's going to be early in the month or later.

There's no reason to get upset about it, it's just a game lol. However I would be pissed if they changed the dates per country so that it wouldn't be an international release...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Maybe it's just me.

There's no real reason for them to wait like you're suggesting. The DS is dead and it's a wonder that they did Generation IV AND V on the same handheld. GameFreak is fairly predictable so it makes sense to see what they're doing.

The original DS came out around 2004-2005 with Pokemon Diamond & Pearl coming out in 2006-2007 (~2 years into the system.) The 3DS came out in 2011 with Pokemon X & Y being released this year (~2 years into the system.)

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
I'd just silently laugh at everyone crying and sobbing about a late release. I'm not even getting the game so it doesn't bother me. If I was planning on buying the game the longest I could wait for without complaining would probably late November, early December.

Back