• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Theft Auto

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
2u5582w.png

Most of us know what GTA is, but here's a quick run down for those who don't.

Grand Theft Auto is a video game series published by Rockstar. In these games, you're in an open world where you choose missions to progress through the story. The series contains various protagonists whose main goal is to climb through the ranks and become the master criminal. Those who turn their backs on them during their journeys are the antagonists. The locations of these games are based around many American and European cities. Grand Theft Auto has won many awards throughout the years and is one of most well-known gaming franchises universally.

How many of you have played GTA games? Which ones did you play? What's your most favorite game from the series? Feel free to use this thread to discuss everything that you love about GTA!

blue

gucci
Years
I've only ever played it a couple of times at a friends house and I did enjoy it, I've never owned any of the games though. I do plan on getting GTA V and I'm pretty psyched about it too, I like the concept of the limitless activities!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love GTA. i have GTA 3 and Vice city. i seriously need to get the new one coming out. my favorite thing to do in the game is to get as many police stars as i can.

PureAurorae

Comrade
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Grand Theft Auto... well I have had a lot of fun times with these games.

I have every GTA after and including GTA: III. In general my favourite has to be GTA: San Andreas just because I love the storyline. Also the sheer size of the map in GTA: San Andreas is huge, and it takes a very long time to explore the whole of it. (I for one haven't explored the whole of it!)

So GTA: V is coming out on the 17th of September. I actually cannot wait for it and for sure is going to probably one which I invest a lot of time into. I can't wait to explore Los Santos again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Grand Theft Auto V has been released just a few days ago. Have any of you gotten this game yet? If so, then how are you enjoying it so far?

I, unfortunately, didn't have the chance to get my hands on this game. I did read a review about it, though. According to the review, the game offers a completely new graphics style (a style that we've never even seen before in any GTA games), and the missions are extremely heart-pumping. The game utilizes vehicles a lot. Almost every missions in this game requires you a fast way to travel, whether it be by bus, car, train, or motorcycle. Sounds pretty exciting, doesn't it? I may purchase this game later this week, when I finally get my paycheck. (: The game does have a huge price tag, but it's definitely worth it.

TY

I've seen some video's of it, and i love the way it looks, it has a huge map and hijacking planes is always fun. I will for sure get GTA V.

Years
I've only played GTA: San Andreas as far as the games go, but I do agree with what PureAurorae/Formula 1 said there, I loved the map in that game and there was so much to explore. In fact, thanks to a few cheat codes my brother shared with me I was able to take good advantage of that. I still won't play a GTA game ever again though, because I wasn't a fan of the franchise in general.

C4

Explosive
Years
I really have a soft spot for open-world, do-as-you-want games like these. I love the GTA series, especially GTA II.

LAWSICK

see you next mission.
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
i've had this game reserved since february. i did it for the free poster, hurr.

but i'm was a tiny bit disappointed that the multiplayer has not launched yet and if this is old news, well i don't keep up with this franchise. :p and gasp, you can dive underwater!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have Grand Theft Auto IV and V. I've only played for a few hours in total, though I have watched my brothers play more. I crashed the convertible in the first mission, lol. This illustrates my experience with this series.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i know some of my friends got it and we've been selling them crazy at work. i've watched some videos and i need it now D:

Years
I finished GTA IV. All those immoral and cruel acts, you have no idea how many people I've mugged/killed for cash - especially those right beside an ATM XD One thing I loved about the game (on PC) was how there was a custom channel that you could put your own music into. So yeah, I play as a Serb driving Italian, Japanese, or German cars listening to Korean music XD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I used to be a huge GTA fan, I had GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV. I had lots of fun playing the games... slowly these kind of games started getting boring for me, not sure why. I can still play them but it won't be the same. I'll play them about 30 minutes and then I'll turn it off.

As for the new game, I might give it a try, it might get me back into GTA games.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I used to play GTA games and though they were a good pass time. I never showed any real interests in those games, though, but I did have fun playing them. Our computer wasn't really hi-tech back then so GTA IV didn't work properly, and that put me off from the games.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've played every GTA title at some point or another (although I only own from III onwards) and I must say that while IV left a bad taste in my mouth, V is quickly overwriting all of those bittersweet memories. If I could marry a copy of this script, I would do so in a heartbeat.

But yeah, it's certainly a strange series. It's well-known for its explicit violence and sexual content, but some of the games (especially San Andreas and V) have this strange sense of social commentary about them. Things like torturing for information and rioting after an unfavorable verdict really happen and they're way too serious to just brush off as we regularly do. The bad side of life isn't pretty.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I am a massive fan of GTA. I have Vice City and San Andreas, and have just bought GTA V on Thursday. I've got to say it's one of the best gaming series I've ever played, there's simply so much to do, to unlock and to...well destroy haha; especially in GTA V. I've been playing it non-stop for three days, I just can't get enough! I would definitely recommend anyone who doesn't have GTA V to buy it as soon as possible because it's a fantastic game. (Just look at the ratings it has received from the major gaming sites such as IGN - 10/10!)

Last edited:

TY

Everyone who has GTA V already... im jealous right now as i tried to get it, but its sold out EVERYWHERE in my country ;_;

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I have played GTA, but never really owned it. Last time I ever played GTA was San Andreas on PS2 haha

I do want to get GTA 5 however, my friends are insisting me to get it and it does look pretty damn awesome. I liked Sleeping Dogs and open-world games in general, and being able to live a life of a gangster/criminal sounds... appealing. Plus multiplayer sounds crazy as well, definitely wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Years
Aah... GTA V is basically consuming my life right now. I've played somewhere between 25-30 hours worth of the game since I got it on Tuesday, and I'm just barely a quarter of the way through the story. There's just so much to do in the game that keeps you sidetracked, and the map is so big that I've only seen a little over half of it. I shudder to think how much time I'm going to waste on GTA Online when it comes out at the beginning of October, especially after reading some of the confirmed online features.

I've played GTA IV and a bit of the other ones too, but I don't know if I'd even be able to go back to them at this point.

Years
I've played GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and only a little of IV on PC. When III first came out, I was really addicted to that game. Same was with San Andreas.

Back