• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Battle Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Pokemon Battle Brown (Currently No Beta)

GqpQyPc.png

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my ROM hack called Pokemon Battle Brown! Battle Brown is a ROM hack of Pokemon Fire Red and it is the first hack that is being created by me, awipe1. This thread is where I will be posting updates, posting new versions of the ROM and listening to the communities requests for bug fixes and prefrences.

Story
You begin the ROM three days after a giant war has taken place. The war was between two regions, Manitoba and Sask The war was fought in the far off land over a Pokemon called Deoxys. Since the region is now safe, you and the other two young boys in your home town of 'Winnipeg' will now be able to pick your very first Pokemon and be able to go on your very own Pokemon Journey. Soon after you start traveling, you find out that your father never makes it back home form the war.

Gameplay

My game will include the following:
*The Ability to catch all the Pokemon from the 1st/2nd/3rd Gen games.
*Every legendary Pokemon will have a story to follow them; whether it be unique, from a movie or from and older game.
*The game will involve many optional sidequests
*Pokemon from gen IV (evolve forum and legendaries)
*Unique puzzles that I have yet to see in any Pokemon game before.
*New TMs of moves that were only learnt by certain Pokemon
*Moves from Gen 4/5/6
*New Music (Still unsure if I will add these)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Downloads

There are currently no downloads for this ROM yet. As soon as I make enough progress for one gym, I will release the first version to the public to test out for bugs and feedback.

Most Recent Progress
I am currently adding data for the new Pokemon being added into the game (Gen 4 Pokemon)

I am currently adding to the story line right now and adding trainers to Route Alpha.

- Oct 20th, 2014

Questions for the Public

Alright so I would like your guys opinion. Do you want me changing the tilesets of EVERYTHING in the game (like inside of buildings) or just the outside of buildings? I could change the inside of buildings but it would take a lot of work. I'm unsure if I am going to do this or not but I know if I am going to do so, I will have to do so early on. It will also take a long time to finish. So my question to you guys is, do you want me to make a whole new tileset for the inside of buildings? It will make my game more unique but It will take a LOT of time, and if I do so you guys probably won't see a BETA for atleast another year.

Credit

A big thanks to everyone on this community that makes it what it is, you guys rock.
Thanks to all the people who have created the tools I am using.
A special BIG thanks to
karatekid552 and iLoveHate for pretty much teaching me everything I know!

I have gotten all my tiles from the following people
Spoiler:

Beta Testers

These are the people who wish to beta test my game form time to time. If you wish to be a part of this list, let me know!

latias190
JoseFigGaming
Gen III
kkxd
Deltara9091
Dylan
Zebz213
yveltal113
Zabuo
tiggytiggy122
flamebot
adidasmagic6542

Last edited:

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hmmmm... the storyline seems interesting.... I think you should find a good mapper and improve the graphic appeal of your hacks btw FIRST POST !!!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
If this takes place 3 days after a giant war.
attachment.php

You may want to change tiles alot, because at the moment it doesn't look post-war times.
Also, the story seems pretty good, let's just hope it turns out good in gameplay.
attachment.php

Also, you've not used the [Red_FR] command in XSE to make the font red from talking to a female NPC.
Also the name WINNIPEG sounds strange and not very town-like?​

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I really apperciate it!

I am going to change the tiles, the game still has A LOT of work to do. I'm focusing mostly on the game play right now which I think is more important.

This 'war' is something that happened in a distant land, not in the actual region of (haven't decided if I want to call it manitoba or arsena yet).

With the mother text thing, I never realised that mistake. I made that script when I was new to scripting so I guess I just missed the textcolor 0x1, thanks for point it out.

That's why I want to start working on my gameplay, so while people test it out and discover the bugs, I can work on graphical things such as tilesets and sprites.

Once again I appreciate any critizism! Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Also the reason why I named it WINNIPEG is because that is the name of the city I live in. I am naming all the towns after cities that are in Manitoba (the province I live in).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
Wow ! This looks cool awipe1 !! Thanks again for helping me out in my rom hack :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
No problem! If anyone want's to try out my ROM, PM me and I will send you a copy.

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
The thing about that war is that you didn't exactly specify it's relevance to the story that takes place in the game. So, it's easy to confuse the war as happening in this region.

Although, I'm curious as to how father not returning ties into the game. That's definitely difficult to pull off. Worst case scenario, you end up having the story be completely unrelated to the Pokemon Journey.

So far, things look well. And you have an interesting prospect, bring war into the world of Pokemon. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Thank you for the feed back.

The War is related to the story in a few ways, and I don't want to spoil any of those ways. However, I have thought it through and I have related it to your Pokemon Adventure in a unique way.

The father not returning is also an important plot point to the game. It gets explained along the way. It's also an important part to the game.

I really appreciate any and every feedback you guys give me.

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
Your titlescreen is awesome, and I also think a graphics change would be good here. I can't wait to see how your game develops, and hopefully it won't turn into an abandoned project. So you have my support. Not that my support means much.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Your titlescreen is awesome, and I also think a graphics change would be good here. I can't wait to see how your game develops, and hopefully it won't turn into an abandoned project. So you have my support. Not that my support means much.

I really want you to know two things.

1) I didn't make the title screen myself, I had a friend (karatekid552) make it for me.

2) your support means ALOT to me. I can't stress enough how happy seeing this comment made me. Saying a few simple things like this just makes me want to work on my ROM more. the more support like this I get, the less likely It will turn into an 'abandoned project'. Even though I am very passionate about my ROM and don't see it becoming an abandoned project anyway.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Nice storyline, I must say. You plan on changing the OWs anytime?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Nice storyline, I must say. You plan on changing the OWs anytime?

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I am! I am currently working on changing the tilesets for my ROM and after that is done I am planning on changing the heros OWs and the second rivals OWs, I am going to keep Garys because ... welll you know ... He is a bad ass! :P

But I have completely new gym badges/gym trainers and they have thier own OWs and trainer sprites.

Here is one that I finished earlier
View attachment 69427

Thanks for the feedback! I am planning on releasing a beta when I finish my tilesets, make some new OWs and get to the first Gym.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I am! I am currently working on changing the tilesets for my ROM and after that is done I am planning on changing the heros OWs and the second rivals OWs, I am going to keep Garys because ... welll you know ... He is a bad ass! :P

But I have completely new gym badges/gym trainers and they have thier own OWs and trainer sprites.

Here is one that I finished earlier
View attachment 69427

Thanks for the feedback! I am planning on releasing a beta when I finish my tilesets, make some new OWs and get to the first Gym.

So which trainer sprite is that one? well done! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
So which trainer sprite is that one? well done! ^^

That is going to be a Psychic elite four member. I am thinking of making him levitating a Pokeball. Actually he is one of the commenters on this thread, he is dylan.

If you want I can show you guys the overworld I have created for him.

Years
Here's the things I found out during my little short play through.
- When you talk to Travis to get the Pokeball, he walks away while he is still talking.
- When you restart the game each time, your rival and Brendan will choose different Pokemon either stronger or weaker to yours. (Not sure if this was meant to happen.)
- Gary's sister, May (both in their houses) and the old guy (sitting at the desk in the Pokemon Centre) won't talk or move at all.
- The yellow building in the starting town takes you to route 2 not allowing you to return home. When you re-enter the house from route 2 it takes you to the inside of an empty gym.
- After beating Team Rocket grunt and going towards Emerson, Brendan wants a battle (he has 3 Pokemon), how did he catch pokemon out of the blue like that? Anyway, during the battle with him, it says 'Gary' throughout the whole battle instead of Brendan.

I stopped there because Brendan kept using potions while the player doesn't have any so it's impossible to beat him right now.

Sorry if this was not what you wanted. It's my first time beta playing.
Overall, I like the idea of having all the 3 generation starters to choose from.
Keep it up.

PS:
I think the first battle with Brendan should not be so early (after beating Team Rocket grunts) since we don't have a Pokemart, we can't buy any supplies we need therefore we can't heal in battle. I think you should put a Pokemart in the players town. (Just a thought)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Here's the things I found out during my little short play through.
- When you talk to Travis to get the Pokeball, he walks away while he is still talking.
- When you restart the game each time, your rival and Brendan will choose different Pokemon either stronger or weaker to yours. (Not sure if this was meant to happen.)
- Gary's sister, May (both in their houses) and the old guy (sitting at the desk in the Pokemon Centre) won't talk or move at all.
- The yellow building in the starting town takes you to route 2 not allowing you to return home. When you re-enter the house from route 2 it takes you to the inside of an empty gym.
- After beating Team Rocket grunt and going towards Emerson, Brendan wants a battle (he has 3 Pokemon), how did he catch pokemon out of the blue like that? Anyway, during the battle with him, it says 'Gary' throughout the whole battle instead of Brendan.

I stopped there because Brendan kept using potions while the player doesn't have any so it's impossible to beat him right now.

Sorry if this was not what you wanted. It's my first time beta playing.
Overall, I like the idea of having all the 3 generation starters to choose from.
Keep it up.

PS:
I think the first battle with Brendan should not be so early (after beating Team Rocket grunts) since we don't have a Pokemart, we can't buy any supplies we need therefore we can't heal in battle. I think you should put a Pokemart in the players town. (Just a thought)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)
This feedback means a lot tome and this is my reply to all this!

- Thank you for that travis thing, I never noticed. I will fix that right away.
- For the starters, Yeah I made the script completely random. I like the idea of always having a random outcome no matter what starter you pick.
- For the NPCs that don't talk yet, It's because I have a script for them that is going to be big, and I haven't had time to work on it yet. However the old man SHOULD talk, I will get that fixed right away!
- The yellow building, I forgot about that! :P I did that so I could beta test a certain part of the game! I will get that fixed right away!
- The rival saying 'Gary' is something I have known but just haven't had time to fix it!

So what I gathered form this is:
I need to work on fixing BRENDAN up a bit. From what you have told me (and I completely agree) I made him TOO strong for the situation right now, because you don't have many places to train and you don't have many Pokemon to catch! I am going to take away BRENDANs potions, put a pokemart in town, and maybe take away one of his pokemon.

SUPER SPECIAL THANK YOU TO YOU! If you ever need any favor or anything let me know!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I think BW overworlds will suit the game better than those 3rd gen ones. It makes it seem like you're not willing to do work by changing them. But either way it's your hack. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I think BW overworlds will suit the game better than those 3rd gen ones. It makes it seem like you're not willing to do work by changing them. But either way it's your hack. :)

I am going to change the overworld eventually, but there are some that i'm going to keep. Like I plan on changing the hero and the rival and other OWs but with like the bug catcher and stuff, why fix something that works perfectly fine? :P I'm already adding a bunch of tilesets and trainersprites to change my game up :P

But thanks for the feed back!

P.S I would never use the BW overworlds cause I hated BW :P

Years
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)
This feedback means a lot tome and this is my reply to all this!

- Thank you for that travis thing, I never noticed. I will fix that right away.
- For the starters, Yeah I made the script completely random. I like the idea of always having a random outcome no matter what starter you pick.
- For the NPCs that don't talk yet, It's because I have a script for them that is going to be big, and I haven't had time to work on it yet. However the old man SHOULD talk, I will get that fixed right away!
- The yellow building, I forgot about that! :P I did that so I could beta test a certain part of the game! I will get that fixed right away!
- The rival saying 'Gary' is something I have known but just haven't had time to fix it!

So what I gathered form this is:
I need to work on fixing BRENDAN up a bit. From what you have told me (and I completely agree) I made him TOO strong for the situation right now, because you don't have many places to train and you don't have many Pokemon to catch! I am going to take away BRENDANs potions, put a pokemart in town, and maybe take away one of his pokemon.

SUPER SPECIAL THANK YOU TO YOU! If you ever need any favor or anything let me know!
No problem ^^ If you need someone to test your new Battle Brown updates / Hacks, let me know. I'll be happy to help out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
No problem
20.%20boogie.gif
If you need someone to test your new Battle Brown updates / Hacks, let me know. I'll be happy to help out.

Alright sounds good! Whenever I finish something big or release a beta, I will PM you to let you know!
1.%20smile.gif

HELP WANTED!

I
need help inserting tilesets! Would anyone like to insert the tileset for me? I made the tileset but I need someone to correct the palette and insert into my ROM. You would get full credit for doing the work! Message me here or PM me if you are interested!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back