• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New kind of challenge!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Hi boys and girls!
You wanted a challenge, and well you've got one!
But this challenge is unlike any other!
In this challenge you'll have to play games going from Kanto to Sinnoh, and all that with a particulat group ypu chose!
But this will not be a single type challenge... no, no, this challenge will be far more difficult!

The rules are:

1) No hacking or cheating! This challenge is suposed to be hard, so what's the point of participating if you'll cheat?!
2) You can only use pokemon which are listed for that particular group! Which means, if an evo, or preevo is leftout, it's done for a reason and you cannot use those pokemon!
3) You can trade pokemon within same generation(region) of the game you're playing! That means you can trade pokemon from FR to LG, or Ruby to Emerald, BUT NOT from FR to Sapphire...
4) You can use starter until you are able to catch a pokemon of the group you sellected, but once you catch that kind of pokemon you may not use your starter anymore (unless the starter is within the same group)!
5) HM buddies(slaves) are allowed, but they must not be used for battling!
6) The challenge for each game is completed once the Elite Four is beaten for the first time (except in the second generation where it ends when you defeat Red). At said point, you can then begin with the following game.
7) The games are played in this order:
Kanto(BRY or FRLG)->Johto(GSC or HGSS)->Hoenn(RSE)->Sinnoh(PDPt)
8) Use the same group in every region!

Post your progress on this thread, and with each new update post your team(pokemon and lvl.) and current game progress (badges).

And now the groups of pokemon:

Just to let everybody know the pokemon are sorted strictly by their apperance, and NOT by their type, abbilities or stats!

attachment.php

DINOSAURS
attachment.php

Spoiler:

BEASTS

Spoiler:

RODENTS
attachment.php

Spoiler:

REPTILES

Spoiler:

FARM ANIMALS

Spoiler:

SPHERICAL

Spoiler:

HUMANOID

Spoiler:

BIRDS

Spoiler:

DRAGONS

Spoiler:

TECHNO

Spoiler:

BUGS

Spoiler:

If you have any questions or ideas you want to share, just Pm or VM me!
Also if I forgot a pokemon, or you think that a pokemon not listed should be in a certain categorie, PM or VM me!
You will be added to player list once you post your first update!

List of players and their progress:

KANTO
Rue's Lullaby(HUMANOID)

JOHTO

HOENN

SINNOH

CHAMPIONS
Darksualc(FARM ANIMALS), Porygon Z(BEASTS), dragoniteuser(BIRDS)

Have fun and post regulary!

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Rodent Update #1
I started up my Pokemon Blue, and named myself BlueSB and my rival RED. I then chose Squirtle (I named it Surf) as my starter, so I can use it for a surf slave later on. After dashing up to get Oak's Parcel, and then back up for some Pokeballs, I caught my first Rodent, Rattata, at level 3. I named it Megazilla, and stuck my Squirtle in the PC. I then proceeded to catch a Pidgey, named it Flight, and then also stuck it in my PC.

After this, I trained Megazilla up to level 10, and went into Viridian Forest. There, I caught a Pikachu (Pika), and trained those two some more. I then got out of the forest, and went to the Gym to beat Brock. I beat him on my first try.

Then, I fought all the trainers on Route 3, and trained my Pokemon more. After that, I made my way though
Mt. Moon with ease. Megazilla evolved in here, also. Once I made it out, I caught a Sandshrew (Edward). I then got a few potions, and went out to fight Misty. I beat her pretty easily.I then continued to train my Pokemon. Edward evolved into a Sandslash, and I brought Pika's level up to 20.

Current Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
Lv. 24
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Pika
(Pikachu)
Lv. 20
-Thundershock
-Growl
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

Edward (Sandslash)
Lv. 22
-Scratch
-Sand Attack
-Slash

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Oh well I started with birds and I gotta say birds are demanding, but they're easy to train in viridian foest. And then comes Brock... I lost count how many times I batteled against Brock and over and over again I get pawned by his onix. Then finnaly, after about fiftheen retrys it FINALY went down!

my team now...
Pidgey lvl. 17
tackle
sand-attack
gust
quick attack

Spearow lvl. 17
peck
growl
leer
fury attack

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ohhhh damn this looks fun. I'll start with Bugs and just move up the list.

Player Name: A
Rival: LOZER

Couple of questions... You said that "if an evo, or preevo is leftout, it's done for a reason and you cannot use those pokemon!" Some Pokemon you can only get by evolution, like Hypno in the Humanoid category. Are we allowed to get Drowzee to evolve it?

Also, using "Farm Animals" as the category, the only fourth generation Pokemon avaliable are Buneary and Lopunny. Are we allowed any other Pokemon, or it basically supposed to be a solo run?

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Rodent Update #2
Next, I beat my rival, and quickly made my way to Bill's House. After randomly wandering for a little while, I beat the Rocket and taught Edward Dig. I then went down to the S.S. Anne and beat all of the trainers on board, including my rival.

After getting Cut, I went off the S.S Anne, and went into the Gym. After fiddling with those locks for 15 minutes, I beat Lt. Surge with Edward. I then went to go get my bike, and went through Diglett's Cave. When I got to the assistant, I realized that I didn't have 10 Pokemon, and gave up on getting Flash. Oh well, I don't mind getting lost.

I then went all the way to Rock Tunnel and saved by the entrance. This is going to be fun...

Current Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
Lv. 29
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Edward (Sandslash)
Lv. 32
-Poison Sting
-Cut
-Slash
-Dig

Pika (Pikachu)
Lv. 24
-Thundershock
-Mega Punch
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

HM Slaves
Surf (Squirtle)
Flight (Pidgey)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Ohhhh damn this looks fun. I'll start with Bugs and just move up the list.

Player Name: A
Rival: LOZER

Couple of questions... You said that "if an evo, or preevo is leftout, it's done for a reason and you cannot use those pokemon!" Some Pokemon you can only get by evolution, like Hypno in the Humanoid category. Are we allowed to get Drowzee to evolve it?

Also, using "Farm Animals" as the category, the only fourth generation Pokemon avaliable are Buneary and Lopunny. Are we allowed any other Pokemon, or it basically supposed to be a solo run?

Yes of course you can use preevos, but they must be evolved as soon as possible!
In fourth generation you can also catch ponyta and psyduck..., that's three pokemon so it's definitly not a solo run! Sure, it would be difficult to defeat elite four with only those three pokemon, but it is supposed to be a real challenge! You should check pokemon allowed in each group, and if you don't think you're up for it in that group, try a different one.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
OK! ive began, will update later!
STARTER FOR POKEMON YELLOW: PIKACHU

im doing bug challenge

HERES A BANNER:
classbanner.png

there, i started the challenge, however i am not done getting my first pokemon XD
video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vMKBpUTwiM

screw the vids, too much work

anyways, i grinded a lv. 4 caterpie to a lv. 10 butterfree

PROGRESS:
YELLOW BADGES-0
BUTTERFREE

GOLD

RUBY

DIAMOND

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Rodent Update #3
After about 20 minutes of being lost in Rock Tunnel, I finally made it out. I then beat my way through the Pokemon Tower. After beating all of the trainers there, I went to Celadon, and beat Erika. After this, I evolved Pika into a Raichu using a Thunderstone. I then healed and went into the TR Base. Quickly beating everyone, I got the Lift Key, and beat Giovanni.

After this, I went back to the Pokemon Tower and made my way to the Cycling Road Snorlax. I beat it and traveled to the Fuchsia Gym. After conquering it, I went to the Safari Zone. There, I caught a Nidoran (F) and got Surf (I also picked up the Golden Teeth). After this, I picked up Surf from my PC and taught him Surf. I then got Strength from the Safari Warden. Strength was also taught to Surf.

From here, I went east to defeat all of those trainers and the Snorlax. I went back up to Celadon to get fly, removed Flight from the PC, and taught Flight Fly. I then flew to Saffron. Sliph Co., here I come!

Current Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
Lv. 42
-Super Fang
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Pika (Raichu)
Lv. 39
-Thundershock
-Mega Punch
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

Edward (Sandslash)
Lv. 43
-Swift
-Cut
-Slash
-Dig

Nidoran (F)
Lv. 25
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Poison Sting
-Tail Whip

Surf (Squirtle HM Slave)
-Surf
-Stregnth

Flight (Pidgey HM Slave)
-Fly

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
I'm using the speed button, so im progressing fast.

ANYWAY im at mt. moon and just caught the second member of my team! A PARAS!

So my team is...
butterfree lv. 20
confusion
tackle
sleeppowder
stun spore

Paras lv. 13
Stun spore
Scratch

I plan to be at lv. 30 by midnight

Wow, im getting good at this!

badges: 2

Team: Parasect lv. 26
stun spore
leech life
scratch

Butterfree lv. 24
confusion
tackle
poisonpowder
whirlwind

I really grinded that parasect XD
Also, some dude gave me a CHARAMANDER! WTF? ive never talked to people in yellow, and last time i played it was in first grade!

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
righto, Got home and played for a bit.
so far the challenge is going okay. So far I'm still going solo. (I don't know how to trade on my emulator)

Bayleef lvl.19:
Tackle
Poisonpowder
Razor leaf
Reflect
I might be wrong about this, but don't you have to start with a game in Kanto first? I.E. RBY or FR/LG?

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
Oh true lol, Sorry, I'm new and didn't read the challenge right OMFG
Thats so stupid of me. Ill start up with Dinos in Blue. Sorry guys :(

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Hey! No problem. I'm new too. I actually joined because this challenge looked fun, and I wanted to do it.
I'll make my next update when I find my way out of the Seafoam Islands, and beat the Cinnabar Gym.

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
Years
BEASTSSkitty,Zangoose,Absol,Spinda,Meowth,and Eevee.
Yes,i'm doing a Beast Challenge in Sapphire.

Name:Neko.
Username: TokioHumaNeko.

If only my Treeko was a beast.
But in R/B/Y,
I'm still going for a different series.
G/S/C-unknown
And i don't have HG/SS yet,so i can't do that yet.
BEASTS

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
so right now im at lavender town with a silph scope, my progress: beat erika and giovanni
:team:
butterfree lv. 40
psybeam
confusion
gust
poisonpowder

parasect lv. 34
scratch
leech life
spore
cut

im spending all of my money on coins trying to get a scyther or pinsir, what do you think i should get?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
im doing bug challenge

HERES A BANNER:
classbanner.png

Thank's so much for this banner, I love it! It's already on the thread's page. I wish more people would follow your example and make some more;)

I might be wrong about this, but don't you have to start with a game in Kanto first? I.E. RBY or FR/LG?

True, the rules clearly state that the challenge must be started with kanto region (RBY or FRLG).

Hey! No problem. I'm new too. I actually joined because this challenge looked fun, and I wanted to do it.
I'll make my next update when I find my way out of the Seafoam Islands, and beat the Cinnabar Gym.

I'm acctually gratly honored by this and for that I'm thankful! This is acctually my first thread and I'm glad to see that people like it!

so right now im at lavender town with a silph scope, my progress: beat erika and giovanni
:team:
butterfree lv. 40
psybeam
confusion
gust
poisonpowder

parasect lv. 34
scratch
leech life
spore
cut

im spending all of my money on coins trying to get a scyther or pinsir, what do you think i should get?

There's no question about it..., scyther is a beast, but in my opinion, looking at your current team you could use pinsir better for it's fighting type moves! Also you can trade one of them from another kanto version game, so you can have both...

Ok so on my challenge the birds...
Misty was a piece of cake, and unbeliavebly so was lt.Surge!
Right now I'm on my way to the rock tunnel...
my team:
Pidgeotto lvl. 28
quick attack
wing attack
sand attack
aerial ace (TM)

Fearow lvl.27
fury attack
aerial ace
pursuit
leer

badges 3

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
I think that Pinsir has a better move set.
Rodent Update #4
After figuring out my way through Sliph Co. and beating Giovanni, I beat both the Fighting Dojo and Sabrina with ease. I then went into the Seafoam Islands to get some more experiance and to defeat Articuno. After beating Articuno, I used Dig to get out and went to Cinnabar through Pallet Town.

Once I got there, I went to the Pokemon Mansion to get that key. After getting it, I healed myself and beat the Cinnabar Gym. It was easy to beat with Edward. I then flew my way to Viridian City to beat Giovanni once again. After I did, Giovanni finally realized that he wasn't boss material and vanished.

I then went to defeat RED. Afterwards, I went up to Victory Road. 20 minutes later, I make it out. After putting my two slaves in the PC, I bought a few needed items, and went out to defeat the Elite 4.

Lorelei was pretty easy. She managed to knock out Pika though, so I beat her with Edward. After reviving my guys and healing up, I went up to defeat Bruno. I started with Edward and beat them all in 1 or 2 hits each. For Agatha, I started with Pika. Haunter managed to kill it, so I sent out Edward.

Time for Lance... I made my first Pokemon Megazilla. Gyarados killed him right off the bat, so I switched to Pika. Afterwards, Lance sent out Dragonair. Weak from the fight with Gyarados, Pika fainted when Dragonair had about half health left. Using my ditch effort guy, I sent out my Nidoran. I then revived Pika and Megazilla. Seeing that it kept on using Agility, I decided to try to poison it before I died. After a few turns, I was still alive, and Lance healed his Dragonair. I proceeded to spam Take Down. Because of some miracle, I managed to beat that Dragonair with an untrained Nidoran. I then sent out Edward and beat the rest of his guys easily.

After healing, I went up to beat RED once again. Everything went well, and only Pika fainted.
(I was going to post pictures here, but I'm not allowed to yet...)
There you have it! Time for Johto!

Final Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
Lv. 51
-Super Fang
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Pika (Raichu)
Lv. 54
-Thundershock
-Mega Punch