• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

block editor bytes in a-map

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Before anything else, the bytes are in the attachment.(although you should still read the rest of this post...) I did that so you don't have to open up pokecommunity every time you want to see the bytes.

Ok, for those of you that don't know, if you open up the block editor on fire red (usa, I'm not sure about the other languages or leaf green) the bytes are sometimes wrong. I decided to make something that will have what some of the bytes really do. *note* These are only bytes that are used in-game, and if the block has two behavior bytes or background bytes (ie 13 06 as in the behavior bytes for the waterfall tiles have 00 02 as it's background bytes) because a-map only has a drop down menu for the 1st behavior byte and the second background byte.

remember, because of a problem with expanding the # of blocks, I found out that if you put FF in ALL the bytes, the block will be a black square like the "blank" blocks do, no matter what tiles you use. If you change the bytes back to what you want them to be, everything with that block should be fine.

This is my first thread for helping other hackers, and I got the idea when I posted about how a-map's block editor bytes are sometimes wrong, and Lu-Ho asked for the bytes. I only recently got around to doing it though...

update: I just uploaded the exact same thing in txt form, right after I did this on a post in pokebase development thread so more people can use this info.

Last edited by a moderator:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Hi

there are some Behavior information in JPAN's thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165900

i don't know if you have them in your List already.

I hope i have the permission to add your work to the AdvanceMap inis (for next release)?

are they only for FireRed?
or also for Leafgreen?
and what is with ruby/sappier/emerald?

greetz LU-HO

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
JPAN, you may want to change this document to a .txt file, not everyone has the ability to open them...
Since it requires a program, such as Open Office, or Microsoft Word (For Windows, which most people seem to use...)
Other than that, this info IS more accurate than A-Map's current database. You have been really cool here on PC, being a pretty active member, keep up the great information!

Back