• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Fordeux's Magical Compendium!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
An Empryean Compendium!

fordeux-c-shrunk_zps2671e9ea.png

Well Hello there, Human!
And welcome to my collection of animals that I have garnered over my existence through the ethereal and the surreal!
...blah blah blah...
Fakemon

As a note, many of the later ones are better designed than the ones near the beginning! This is because the earlier ones were made when I was like 11, but the ones starting after "Ihorn" were made about 2 years ago, when I was about 15. This excludes the the starters, which I ended up redoing when I started this thread :D

Fakemon:
Spoiler:

Here are the names of all the Fakemon, sans Legendaries:
Spoiler:

My attempt at drawing not animals

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Other things...
Spoiler:

Changelog:

Spoiler:

Anyway, critique, suggest, etc.

Thanks for reading...er...(looking?)!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You left out the anti-hero role! :o

But in all seriousness, these sketches are adorable. This, the first one, is absolutely precious. I love how you've added a whole new layer to these fakemons and actually turned them into characters. And these are just great. It's like, everything that's great about Fennekin and Zorua, only squished into three undeniably cuter fakemons. :3

Now, a touch of advice. It's really hard to see your birds in here. Probably because the image is so small, but also because it looks like you had drawn something on the back of the paper maybe? I don't know, it's hard to tell. But regardless, your birds are a little lost in there, so I'd really love to see a fully fledged out version of these guys because, from what I see so far, they seem really cool!

Anyway Sunfished, excellent fakemons. :) I really hope you continue to update this because you've got a lot of substance here! Can't wait to see more!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for that!
Really makes me feel all fluffy inside!
I'm trying to aim for that design level that was in 1st and 2nd gen, with a hint of originality of the 4th gen. Like, not too heavy on the detail, and much more whimsical on the thought process. But not too simple, because that's how we ended up with Karrablast...

Anyway, all the ones with Grey colored backgrounds are going to be touched up to the quality of the starters. Its just that I didn't have time befire when I did the starter ones, but now I'm pretty free at the moment.

Updated first post!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Elkler looks awesome !!, I like yours draws

Aww, thanks man! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that most of them were drawn back in 2008, when I originally jumped into the Hacking bandwagon. But, for the most part, these guys won't see a revival in a while ;__;

updated OP, also!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Woot, I finally found a style to color in.

updated OP with colored starters!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
updated with revised and colored cave and forest fakes!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
updated with mountain mons' and a sewer slime!

Also, added in some unrelated things, and I'm planning to parse in some other of my stuff, so this would look more like a gallery rather than a rainbow registry of fickle fakes.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Updated once again, with 4 more families!

I need an idea for a 3 stage one too, particularly with the type of Electric or Ghost!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Woo, finally got a BW scanner to scan!

updated with some npc's I drew!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your fakemon are great! you're very creative.
to make your fakemon better, i would take it to the next level and add some shading to them to bring them more to life rather than how they are flat now.
the characters are great too, you're very good at drawing people i must say! same goes for these, i would add some more shading.
i can't wait to see more.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for the critique!
I'm planning to add in shading once I think I have finalized the drawings, because right now alot of them are either REALLY bad, or are in need of some adjusting.
But thanks for pointing out the flatness. Its kinda hard NOT to notice now that you pointed that out :P

slight update with an alien.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Added in these guys

[pics kinda too big, so i moved it to op :D]

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Added in a whole slew of colored pics, which are mostly for a project I'm working on :P
Spoiler:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I like your style in drawing humans- they aren't realistic, but it's obvious that you don't mean them to be. Simple, but still makes sense and looks good. (:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, thanks!

I never like drawing realistic things, and if anything, I always aim for that cartoonish look :D

Back