• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Format Change in Forum Messages

delongbi

I C U
Years
Hey, I've been posting a story here for some time now, but recently the form of these messages changed to be like serebii.net's. When I copy something (a chapter for instance) from a word document that is underlined or italicized, it no longer shows up underlined or italicized. The main reason I liked this forum was because of the ability to copy and paste from word documents.

If anyone could answer the following questions:

Why did it change?

What are the advantages of these changes?

Will the forum stay changed? Is there a way to get it to revert back to how it was before?

Is there some converter thing I can get online that I am just completely missing? And, now that I think about it, perhaps it only changed because I'm using a Mac, not a PC. Is that a possible reason?

Thanks guys!

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
You might have pressed a button to disable it, but it is the top right button with the double A's.

Best way to test it out, is with an image...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I just tested it myself, and found that it doesn't work for me either. It used to work for me, and I do not remember changing any sort of setting to cause this sort of change.

If you would like me to, I could ask someone if they know what's going on and what would have brought on the change.

delongbi

I C U
Years
Thanks! It's okay actually. It turns out Safari does not support the bold/italics/underline thing so I downloaded Firefox, and now everything's working fine.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yes, sorry, I was using firefox too. I think it is a forum hack (or rather, addition for vBulletin). Bleh, hack isn't the right word... Something akin to modify.

Back