• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked Games VS Original Games

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Which ones would I be able to get the most play time and features out of. For instance, Emerald VS a top tier hack like Flora Sky or Light Platinum? I have never really played any Pokemon game before for more than a couple hours and I want one that will last me a few months. Thanks

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
You'd get more fun out of hacks because they're something new, games like Flora Sky and Light Platinum and Snakewood and the Ruby Destiny series are great.
Alternatively you could try Victory Fire for ragequits and general wtfness.
The original games are still fun, but once you've played them once, their appeal lessens.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Well I havent played the original ones either, and Im only looking to play one game, not multiples ones. Im just asking which has the most features and items and stuff and offers the most playtime, originals or hacks?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think the originals are better than the hacks, at least the first 10 times you play them.
After that, the hacks make for a great change and new game experience, which is nice

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
only have a gba emulator on the device im using. sorry i left that out.
basically i have narrowed it down between flora sky and emerald 386. which one will last me longest and has the most features

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Emerald 386 is an upgraded version of the original emerald game, with some new added features.
So if you've never played an original game before, it would be good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
ok, thanks. If I use the randomizer on a game like the regular emerald or fire red, does it unlock all 386 pokemon to be catchable or just randomize the ones you could catch but still make you trade the other half? So, i could use the randomizer on a regular unhacked emerald rom and be able to catch all 386, or am i wrong about that?

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Well, it depends on how the game is enjoyable.
To be honest, I like the original games better.
And besides, there are some hackers who can't surpass Emerald.
Emerald is also my 2nd best game.

Sirfetch’d

I only play the originals so they are much better to me, however, I do believe that there are some great hacks out there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Original games. I have only played two hacks, and one was because it was a friend's and it was also a really popular hack. But yeah, generally hacks don't interest me. And I'd rather play official games where I can hoard keep my Pokemon on a storage game when I'm done playing that file.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
If you've never played the originals, DEFINITELY play them - I'd suggest Emerald, since you're limited to GBA.
Ultimately, the only real virtue of most hacks is that they're different, which appeals to the people who have played the originals so much that they're bored with them. Since you haven't played the originals at all, that'd be the place to start.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Even though the op has his question answered, I'm gonna leave this thread up in case anyone wants to discuss hacks vs original games since I think it's a neat topic. So carry on~

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Original Games have (or should have) less bugs (we all know that even originals have bugs...) so as you have never played the originals you should go for them as you decided.
Hacks are for those who are either bored of originals or want to try something new.
Hacks have bugs... they are edits of originals so obviously they have them... but they usually provide some features you don't find in the originals.
I would suggest playing at least one game of each region before trying some hacks.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I've always felt much more excited playing an original. I don't quite know why, but hacked games don't give me the feel of the originals. I would personally suggest an original game, or a SLIGHTLY hacked game, like the Emerald 386 hack. But, you could just play Emerald and have just as much fun.

Overall: your choice. you could get both.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd rather play the original games because I've had bad experiences with hacks, like them deleting save data at random times.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I restarted emerald with the randomizer, I like it better so far but some pokemon are hard to catch. I guess there difficulty to catch is seperate from there level?

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Ever since I've played hacks,I've been wanting more ever since.The hacks themselves provide me with a challenging,yet fun experiences. Add this with the challenges from these forums,and the endless number of teams that can be made,and you've got a PKMN Journey that will keep you glued to that game for hours(at least for me.)

Years
Even though I had my own go at making a hack way back when, I still much prefer playing the original games over them. That being said, I do enjoy hacks, and some of them are far better than the versions they were made from- but if I'm playing Pokemon, I'd much rather play it on a handheld console than at my computer desk. If I had an easier way to play hacks on a handheld device (like some people can with their phones), I might even play the good ones more than the originals, but until then, it's the biggest selling point against them in my eyes.

Back