• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Blue Flames

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015

Intro_zpsb8e8cfd1.png

Introduction
Hello guys and welcome to my hack thread. I was a hacker since March last year and I'm hoping to finally finish a hack. This will be my first and final hack so I'll definitely take my time with this and make sure its as good as it can be. The old version of this hack which can be found here . It didn't turn out as good as I hoped so I restarted about 20 times. This is the outcome of the latest version. Also, I hope to finish this with lots of talented hackers. See you later and I hope you enjoy the presentation for my hack!

PS. Read the entire thread before asking for questions because doing that shows you aren't a noob. :3

Storyline:

Hooray! It's your 14th Birthday. This is the year you will finally get a Pokemon and travel around the Ion Region. You and your childhood friend Chloe are meeting Professor Pachy today to get your very first Pokemon. Once you reach her lab, her assistants say that she is doing some research on Route 701. You and Chloe decided to check it out. Once you reach Route 701, you can't believe what is in front of you. It's the 3 Starter Pokemon Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott.

Note: That was only the introduction as I didn't want to reveal anything major.

Features:
Well, I haven't decided on all the features but I will add more as I think of more.

- Full use of the Day and Night System
- All Pokemon from the past 5 Generations
- Play as a Male only
- Full use of the Seasons System
- New Battle Backgrounds
- New Tiles
- A few tournaments
- A new berry system

Screenshots
45432fdf3a6e36c0d85f395b6c6426f1_zps317c7c5f.gif

ThreadImage_zps70989ea7.png

The Team
[supporter]ForeverDash[/supporter]: Tiler, Graphics, Leader
Reb0rn - Tile Animator
Tackle - Music Hacker

Credits
Zein - Tiles
Alucus - Tiles
Red-Ex - Tiles
TB Pro - Tiles
Seiyouh - Tiles
Kyledove - Tiles
Tarev/Cope - Tiles
Thatssowitty - Tilesheet
Prince Legendario - Tiles
Jpan - Firered Hacked Engine
Reb0rn - Tile Animations
Deigoisawesome - Force Male Gender Patch

Last edited:

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Nicely done! I love the tiles and It's better if you'll change the sprite. anyways, good luck! :D

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
OMG I LUV THE TILES

Good job Fritz ;) Looking forward to this and I finally know who Chloe issss. Also I can help you with some little things. Just check what I have to say in the server ;)

Years
Why the restriction on the gender that you play? That is really the only feature that I heavily dislike. Now after checking out the original thread for this hack, I see that you improved with the mapping and the tiles are very good. Though it would have been cool to also seen a few screenshots with scripting being done.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Awesome Blue Flames is back! :)

The tiles are wonderful I like them, though I do hope the scripting will be as good as the graphics. :3

Tackle

Pancham
Years
Yahoo, Blue Flames is back! I love the tiles, they're so beautiful. :D I'll rip some one day. :p
Good luck with this hack, I do hope you complete this. :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I don't know much about hacks but this looks great from what I'm seeing. Although I would of also liked to see a preview of what an NPC/Trainer or just some sort of text in the screenshots. Oh well, but nevertheless good job dude! :D

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Ermahgerrd! It's back! Congrats, Fritz! you've come a looong way, and I hope you can complete it this time. The tiles are fabulous as usual, but the bushes blend in a little too much with the trees. It's also quite funny how the window in the 1st screenie takes up the space of the roof o.O and the "Press Start" on the titlescreen is positioned quite awkwardly imo. Other than those minor errors, I wanna say congrats again! I wish you all the luck in the world ^^

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
Not bad Fritz. Personally I think its a good hack, the screens look nice though I think the tree animation is weird but its your hack anyway so Kudos and Good Luck Kid.. :3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like it, seems like a HD version of FireRed, only with a whole bunch of new things :)
I can see a lot of time has gone into making this, and I wish you luck upon anything else you have yet to finish.
Gj fritz :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Good job Fritz! :D
Well this is your first and final hack, I hope you can finish it this time.
That hack looks damn good...

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nicely done! I love the tiles and It's better if you'll change the sprite. anyways, good luck! :D
thanks and I will change the hero's overworld just haven't gotten around to do so.

OMG I LUV THE TILES

Good job Fritz ;) Looking forward to this and I finally know who Chloe issss. Also I can help you with some little things. Just check what I have to say in the server ;)
OMG I LOVE THEM TOO. Chloe has always been Chloe. :3 Yeah sure I'll see what you can do. Thanks Red :)

Why the restriction on the gender that you play? That is really the only feature that I heavily dislike. Now after checking out the original thread for this hack, I see that you improved with the mapping and the tiles are very good. Though it would have been cool to also seen a few screenshots with scripting being done.
Hmm, don't know. But thanks. Also I haven't started scripting yet so I have nothing to show.

Awesome Blue Flames is back! :)

The tiles are wonderful I like them, though I do hope the scripting will be as good as the graphics. :3
Lol thanks and I'll try. :3

Yahoo, Blue Flames is back! I love the tiles, they're so beautiful. :D I'll rip some one day. :p
Good luck with this hack, I do hope you complete this. :)
.com and I love them too :D Also No Gero No :3

I don't know much about hacks but this looks great from what I'm seeing. Although I would of also liked to see a preview of what an NPC/Trainer or just some sort of text in the screenshots. Oh well, but nevertheless good job dude! :D
Lol sophie text meaning scripting? :3 and thanks!

Ermahgerrd! It's back! Congrats, Fritz! you've come a looong way, and I hope you can complete it this time. The tiles are fabulous as usual, but the bushes blend in a little too much with the trees. It's also quite funny how the window in the 1st screenie takes up the space of the roof o.O and the "Press Start" on the titlescreen is positioned quite awkwardly imo. Other than those minor errors, I wanna say congrats again! I wish you all the luck in the world ^^
I know :') I'm so proud of myself. And thanks Pinky I really worked hard on them. I don't see anything wrong with the tilescreen so I'm keeping it as is. Also what window are you talking about?

Not bad Fritz. Personally I think its a good hack, the screens look nice though I think the tree animation is weird but its your hack anyway so Kudos and Good Luck Kid.. :3
Thanks Slate lol. I thought it looked weird ar first but then I got used to them and realized they actually look good.

I like it, seems like a HD version of FireRed, only with a whole bunch of new things :)
I can see a lot of time has gone into making this, and I wish you luck upon anything else you have yet to finish.
Gj fritz :D
Thanks Shadow :D

finally beautiful tiles in english hack ! :D
I actually wanna release a spanish version first.

Good job Fritz! :D
Well this is your first and final hack, I hope you can finish it this time.
That hack looks damn good...
Thanks Lati :D And I'm really trying hard to actually finish this.

Blue Flames back? Not bad =)
Looking forward to seeing whether this will continue =D
Thanks lol. Even I can't wait to see it continue. :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well it looks shiny and new, very nice tiles - although not too sure about the long grass.

Only things I don't like about the screens are how you have done the rugs indoors - surely a rug should be square or round not a weird huge zigzag shape? Looks a bit odd. Also on one of your screen shots a tree has its right side sticking out a house.

What I'd really like is more story, it's clear you've worked on the tiles but with no scripting and no story it's pretty bare... Couldn't you create some back story about the region or something that still manages to avoid too many spoilers?

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
*Animated screenshot*
Nice porting, but I sugguest you honestly should make Rb0rn to animate the bottoms of the trees too.
That way they just don't look right while the top of the tree moves and the bottom don't.

*1st indoor screenshot*
In this image I'd reinsert the carpet into the TV's palette (It it isn't already).
And giving the center of it the lighter blue colour.
That yellow lightish colour is probably because in that palette you were using were only 2 blueish colours.
Doing so will make it look better then it already does.

*5th screenshot*
The wild grass doesn't really fit.
But that is just my opinion.
If you chose to change it, try 9 tile grass maybe that will look better.

All around its one of the better hacks.
You will probably get some problems later in game if you go wtih that style of houses.
Zein has only 32 houses in that style, and you probably wont be able to make an entire region with 32 houses.

Id like to see a screenshot where the mountain tiles were used.
Btw the mapping isn't that bad either.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
excuse me, am new in this page. So can anyone tell me how i can download the ROM for this hack, so i can play it

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Well it looks shiny and new, very nice tiles - although not too sure about the long grass.

Only things I don't like about the screens are how you have done the rugs indoors - surely a rug should be square or round not a weird huge zigzag shape? Looks a bit odd. Also on one of your screen shots a tree has its right side sticking out a house.

What I'd really like is more story, it's clear you've worked on the tiles but with no scripting and no story it's pretty bare... Couldn't you create some back story about the region or something that still manages to avoid too many spoilers?
Thanks. About the grass I actually like it. I didn't like it at first but I then got used to it and found out it actually looks good. I don't find anything wrong with the rug but ill probably try and make it more roundish. Yeah about the tree its supposed to be behind the house sooo... I can indeed create a backstory on the region which I'll do soon. Well I did work on the story and d have some amazing ideas but I don;t wanna say much yet,

how about physical/special split?
Yes I'll add it.

*Animated screenshot*
Nice porting, but I sugguest you honestly should make Rb0rn to animate the bottoms of the trees too.
That way they just don't look right while the top of the tree moves and the bottom don't.

*1st indoor screenshot*
In this image I'd reinsert the carpet into the TV's palette (It it isn't already).
And giving the center of it the lighter blue colour.
That yellow lightish colour is probably because in that palette you were using were only 2 blueish colours.
Doing so will make it look better then it already does.

*5th screenshot*
The wild grass doesn't really fit.
But that is just my opinion.
If you chose to change it, try 9 tile grass maybe that will look better.

All around its one of the better hacks.
You will probably get some problems later in game if you go wtih that style of houses.
Zein has only 32 houses in that style, and you probably wont be able to make an entire region with 32 houses.

Id like to see a screenshot where the mountain tiles were used.
Btw the mapping isn't that bad either.
Thanks. I'll definitely take into consideration everything you said. And I'll show the Mountain tiles soon. :>

No release => no download

@ForeverDash: "Release a Spanish version first" ... wouldn't be surprised :D
lol

Also I'm Looking for Spriters. If you're interested send me a PM :3

Last edited:
Back