• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What is your favourite Pokemon game you have ever played?

Kevan

Pokemon Team Analyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Black 2 because it was fun and the storyline is really interesting, so that was my favorite game but what's yours?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald because I've always loved GBA games and when the 3rd gen games came out I was getting a lot better at playing Pokémon so I had a lot of fun with them. I just love the look of them. They also have double the frame rate of the Pokémon DS games (60 vs 30) which I'm not sure many people know.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I really enjoyed playing through Emerald and Platinum, Black & White is just a drag, I haven't started the sequels yet though.

I'd have to say Emerald is my number one favourite Pokemon game, Hoenn was really fun to play through.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Ruby! Ruby, a million times, RUBY! In addition to being my favorite Pokemon game ever, it also happens to be my favorite GAME ever!

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Emerald, hands down. It's perfect in almost every way. In fact, Emerald is my 2nd favorite game of all time!

Plus it's on the GBA, which is where I get most of my gaming experience from.

Sirfetch’d

Emerald. There will never be a greater game than it. It is the epitome of perfection and I have played it over 20 times. Heck I might play it right now. No Pokemon fan should ever have to go without playing the wonder that is, Pokemon Emerald Version.

Years
Emerald received criticism from critics (who am I kidding...) from being too similar to Ruby and Sapphire but I completely disagree. With Emerald, Game Freak took what was already a phenomenal game (R/S) and perfected it by adding more content. In that sense I agree with many here that Emerald is the best Pokemon game.

HeartGold is also a game I had a lot of fun with, since they took my childhood game and made it even better, therefore in my opinion it comes close second to Emerald. Silver I really enjoyed, but objectively comparing it to HGSS, Silver just isn't as good, obviously.

Years
Black 2 and White 2 definitely, I've never enjoyed so many postgame features in my Pokemon gaming career and Unova is my fave region. X and Y will have to do a lot to top that awesomeness.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Pokemon Platinum as it added so much to the shinoh games.
You had the battle frontier, the resort area where you owned a house, new Shaymin,Rotom and Giratina formes.

yeah so in short platinum.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Colosseum, and XD: Gale of Darkness. So basically any Gen 3 games. I have been around since the start of pokemon back in 1998 or 1999, but I still love 3rd Gen. games the most.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
mines is pokemon leaf green and fire red i really love to play these games really enjoyable to play with them

blue

gucci
Years
Pokémon Emerald is my favourite Pokémon game, it has everything that makes up the perfect Pokémon game in my eyes. The Hoenn region is a beautiful, the characters are diverse, the Pokémon are brilliant and the storyline is top notch!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Pokémon Emerald is my favourite Pokémon game, it has everything that makes up the perfect Pokémon game in my eyes. The Hoenn region is a beautiful, the characters are diverse, the Pokémon are brilliant and the storyline is top notch!

I'll have to agree with this, however it's Sapphire for me due to intense nostalgia.

The games were what I thought a well made Pokémon game. Closely behind must come Pokémon Gold, another well-made game considering the technology of the time. It well deserved the remake.

So yes, I'm one of those other Hoenn Remake Crazy fans.

If you saw the landscape of the region, it's so beautiful. Especially near Fortree, and the weather institute. Quite frankly a well-thought game.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
The Generatio 3 love... it burns! >.< Too muchy positivity, it huuurts! Not that I hate the 3rd generation, but it's only okay to me.

I gotta say Platinum Version. Great system, great storyline, great Pokemon, great regions, great difficulty, great post game, great everything basically.

Keropla

kawaii shoujo
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
either emerald or black 2 for me
idk it's kind of a tie, both have pretty great music and graphics
but i'd probably go with emerald, i like the hoenn pokemon/region a bit more

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
I've only played the first three gens, but I'd say my favourite was Pokemon Sapphire (adding further to the gen 3 love...). I have so many happy memories from that game, and I really loved having a secret base. I also liked HeartGold because I thought Ethan and Lyra were very cute. :>

Back