• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto: A Time of Uncertainty [T] [IC]

doge

???
Years
A Time Of Uncertainty
A Pokemon Journey RP

rated T/ IC thread

2 spots remaining!

It is early. The sun peeks over the eastern horizon and purple clouds float by slowly, almost as if they themselves are savoring the feeling of warmth.

In the farthest corner of New Bark's meadows near an old, modest house, an old man finishes securing pokeballs into a basket. After he's done, he secures the basket over his shoulder and picks up an incubator with his free hand. He places the basket on a nearby Rapidash, who seems to have been waiting for him. She allows him to mount. If anyone else had attempted to do this, they'd surely be suffering some serious burns. He directs the majestic pokemon westward towards the meadow's entrance. She gaits at a leisurely pace, enjoying the fresh air and early morning breeze. Small bits of rusted silver flames are left behind in the wind, extinguished before they even touch the ground.

The old man feels his eyes getting heavy. The rough, erent steps of an old horse and the crunch of fall leaves are the only things keeping him awake as his head droops down to his shoulders, only to shoot back up in a matter of seconds. It's a continuous cycle. Had he not been so busy last night preparing everything, perhaps he wouldn't be so tired.

Some time later they arrive at the entrance, or in their case, exit. The old gentleman dismounts the Rapidash, grabs his basket and walks over to a shade of tree with the pokemon following. He sits down, leans against the trunk and places both the basket and incubator in front of him. Inside the incubator is an egg, in his old age he has forgotten what sort of pokemon the appearance denotes it will be. His eyes again and he leans his head against the tree trunk, deciding that he will nap while he waits for the trainers to arrive. His Rapidash lays down next to him, nickering in meek protest.

Once you arrive at New Bark's entrance, you will notice the Professor or perhaps his Rapidash. Whichever the case, you approach him. Perhaps he wakes up to the sound of your approaching footsteps or to the slight touch of yourself or his Rapidash. Once he awakens, tell him your name and he will rummage through his basket to hand you one pokeball with your starter inside it, 10 smaller yet to be used pokeballs and a pokedex. The old Professor won't talk much, maybe a polite "hello" or "good luck" on your journey but that is all. If you're Brianna, you'll be handed the incubator as well as the other supplies.

I'd like to add that you can meet up with other roleplayers before you even meet the Professor! If that is the case perhaps you'll want to joint post meeting the Professor for the sake of simplicity. After your meeting you'll be heading right back into Route 29. Unfortunately for Annalise and her Jigglypuff schemes, Route 46 is at the moment inaccessible. For whatever reason the building that divides the two routes is closed. Other than that you can pretty much do whatever within the area, battle each other, interact, make random insignificant NPCs, and/or battle/catch wild pokemon.

Route 29 is not too different from this one right here.
Spoiler:

There is no "cut" tree though, it hasn't grown back yet and thus if you want you can avoid certain patches of grass and wild pokemon. But be aware I may or may not throw random hostile pokemon at you that might not even be on the capture list. Speaking of the capture list…

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Chris sighed with relief as he took his first steps out of CherryGrove town and into route twenty-nine. He had undergone a long trek through the Dark Cave, which acted as a shortcut from Blackthorn City to everywhere else in Johto. That is, unless you wanted to swim.

Glancing over the route, he glanced down at the sheet of paper in his hands. The retired Professor Elm resided in the meadow just ahead. Walking very cautiously through the trail of road, he was careful to distance himself from the tall grass. Only Arceus knew what Pokemon awaited him inside, and he didn't need to cause any unnecessary conflict with the local wild-life. No matter how eager he was to receive his first pokemon.

Glancing back down at the note, a smile briefly crossed his lips.

Congratulations Christopher Hartland!

You, along with six others, have been selected to receive your very own partner Pokemon from the renown Professor Elm in the meadow of New Bark. You will receive ten unused Pokeballs to further expand your team, along with a Pokedex, and the Fire-type Pokemon Cyndaquil.

Best of luck with your endeavors, and enjoy the experience!

-The Pokemon League of Johto.

Looking back up from the paper once more, he stared into the meadow that supposedly housed the esteemed gentleman. Shifting his eyes around the field, his eyes finally caught a glimpse of fire lightly flicking the air in the distance, not to far from a tree. Walking over, he could make out the older man laying there, his head gently perched against the bark, a Rapidash laying on the earth beside him. Nickering in it's sleep.

As he approached, his shoes rustled some leaves, as the old man's eyes fluttered awake. Glancing up at the trainer to be, the old man nodded sagely.

"You must be Chris." Elm spoke softly. "Here you go then."

Reaching into the basket beside him, the elder man handed Chris a calculator sized piece of machinery, along with a small satchel filled with the ten unused Pokeballs. Finally, he handed an occupied Pokeball, as he lightly chuckled.

"Be careful with that one. She's a bit fiesty." Elm grinned. "Good luck on your adventure Trainer."

"Thank you Professor." Chris nodded, he couldn't pull his eyes away from the Pokeball in his hands. "I'll take good care of her."

All his life he had dreamed of being a trainer, went to school for thirteen straight years just to do it. He shook his head, remembering back to the kids in Blackthorn, who were probably getting into no good. In a sense, he pitied them. They were wasting away their lives when they could have been doing what he was about to start; go on an Adventure.

Shaking his mind of that final thought he nodded once more, as he briskly walked away. Deciding to wait to open his Pokeball a safe distance from the older man. If the Cyndaquil inside was as fiesty as Elm had said she was, he didn't want to risk her harming the older man. That, and he wanted to meet some of the other trainers who were supposedly selected like he was.

Last edited:

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Anime_girl_by_FufuwaChanface_zps58ff5627.jpg

"Off to the races, huh?," the nurse at the Pokemon Center smiled as she packed up a bag of supplies. "It's great that you passed that test, but I think Audino's going to miss having some help clean up around here."

The pink and yellow Pokemon let out a sigh as the new worker, a teenager named Annalise took her leave of the Pokemon Center. Four weeks prior she had fled her home in the countryside to escape her horrid family and support herself. Anna had found work as a maid and assistant at the Pokemon Center, but was compelled by Nurse Joy of all people to apply for Professor Elm's endeavor. As much as she disliked her wealthy upbringing, the tutors her parents hired paid off in the end, helping her pass the Pokemon League exams with flying colors.

"Thanks, I'll stop by and say hello if I'm in the area," the brunette responded as she took the bag. It wasn't much, just some money for her work, a first aid kid and a small amount of food- mostly consisting of Gummy Teddiursa snacks, the girl's favorite. There was also a can of Red Tauros energy drink, which Annalise wasted no time opening as she walked out the door. She waved her goodbyes to Cherrygrove City as she made her way down Route 29.

The path was worn down after years of near abandonment. It was still possible to make out the trail, but tall grass had overgrown it in many places, and markers had faded. Folks hardly traveled this road, as there was nothing of not beyond it, save for the residence of the aging Professor Elm. Even before the collapse at Tohjo Falls, Kanto was more easily reached by sea or air, as the mountain road was difficult to trek. For those with a little more wealth, the Magnet Train was another option, but had been out of service due to technical reasons as of late. Notably however were fresh footprints on the trail- that is to say human footprints. Perhaps they were from another youth chosen to aid the Professor's investigation. Annalise was curious to meet the others she would be working with, but found herself in no hurry. She had gotten an early start.

The female continued along her way, drinking her Red Tauros drink and munching on a pack of Gummy Teddiursa- her breakfast of choice. She was caught off-guard by a rustling in the shrubbery. The noise resounded again, along with a chirp. Seconds later something swooped by in front of her blindingly fast. Anna couldn't make out exactly what it was, but she was certain it was some sort of Pokemon. It swooped by a again; this time stopping just inches above her hand, and began tugging on her bag of candy. The Pokemon was avian in appearance, being mostly blue but sporting a white belly and red face. Anna scowled, yanking the bag out of the Pokemon's talons, which only seemed to piss it off.

She turned around, walking backward as she faced the flying Pokemon "You're not getting my Gummy Teddiursa... nope!," she barked at the creature, which responded with an annoyed "Taillow!" The Pokemon darted forward as Annalise tucked the candy into her shirt for the moment. She flailed her arms at the Taillow, standing her ground as she held onto her precious cargo. It was a shame that she had no Pokemon of her own with her yet, but she wasn't going to lose a fight even without one.

The Tiny Swallow Pokemon was relentless, remaining ever persistent on stealing another meal from a traveler. This Pokemon had made its living by stealing food from passers by for quite some time now, but none had been this intent on not having their food stolen. Annalise would have lost the fight eventually had an intervention not come.

"Pidgey!," a chirp resounded from the trees, followed by another bird Pokemon swooping by and tackling the Taillow. The brown and white bird fought beak and talon with the nuisance Pokemon, eventually scaring it off. Annalise was a little surprised at the behavior, but was nonetheless grateful of nature's way as she continued onward down Route 29. Little did she expect the Pidgey to follow her, not attacking but staying close behind.

Eventually she reached a large meadow, where she could make out the image of an old man and a Rapidash sitting under a tree. That must have been Professor Elm. Anna walked casually in his direction, taking the bag of Gummy Teddiursa back into her hands so she could finish them. "Uhm... Good morning, Professor," she spoke politely to the man, unsure if he was asleep or awake- he appeared to be in a state somewhere in between.

Before any more words could be exchanged, Anna heard a cooing behind her, turning around to reveal the Pidgey from before. Just now had she noticed that it had been following her. "Oh, it's you again. Thanks for helping me, but you can go now." The Pokemon didn't budge, looking intently at the bag of candy in the girl's arms. In an instant the palm of her hand slapped her forehead. "Oh.... that's why you drove that Taillow off.... Well, I guess you deserve some for that...." She poured a few Gummy Teddiursa into her hand, kneeling down to the Pidgey's level. It chirped happily as it walked up to her, gladly accepting the candy. "At least you've got manners, but I'm sorry I don't have anything more for you." Once again Annalise turned to face the Professor, though the Pidgey continued to stay at her side.

<_____________________
152.gif

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Anise enters the scene!
VwZhL1o.png

It's been about a week since Anise left Goldenrod. The novelty of living on her own was still strong in the girl. She rushed her way down into the pokemon center lobby, welcomed by a familiar face.

"Hello there Anise." A boy in blue asked seemingly waiting for the girl in the lobby.

"Hello Linus. How are you today?" Anise answered happily.

Linus had met Anise the previous day when she arrived at Cherrygrove. They both were staying at the pokemon center and had similar goals set. Linus was interested in receiving a starter from Elm, but they had been rejected the opportunity, in lieu of Anise and the six others. In a bold move, the boy had faked a letter from the association to his parents and made his way to New Bark to see he could appeal to Professor Elm personally. Initially this really impressed Anise, but as she learned more him, her interest in him faded and faded, practically reaching a point of dislike.

Linus was incredibly lazy when it came to things that weren't directly related to what he wanted and generally very slow to getting things done, as well as making his actions seem grander than they actually were. Originally Anise had planned to spend her day in Cherrygrove seeing the city, but when she began to speak with Licus, he basically forced her to spend the night there. When Anise tried to suggest they go out, he declined saying he preferred doing things the easier way and staying in the pokemon center until it was time to go. When the Anise asked the boy about his hometown, he mentioned that he was from Violet, so his travel to get to Cherrygrove was actually not much of a travel.

When it came to interactions with people besides Anise, he was fairly rude and a bit selfish. Anise once asked if he could go and grab some sheets from the local nurse because she wasn't really happy with the sheets that were prepared for her. He began by yelling at the poor nurse, stating that she wasn't doing her job well enough among some other things. Licus eventually received sheets that were in an even worse condition than what she already had. The mend the wound Licus produced, Anise went to the nurse and personally apologized and explained that she barely knew the boy in the first place. She eventually got much better quality sheets while Licus received much lower quality service for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, it was clear Licus was troublesome and while there could be uses to a boy like him, it was much too complicated for Anise to worry about so early in his journey. As such she decided she would ditch him ASAP.

Anise continued her usual cheerful attitude, grinning at the boy as he began to spoke.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just wondering how you're doing. You excited?" Licus asked as casually as he could.

"Of course!" Anise replied, bouncing with happiness.

"Great! Think you'll need any help? Heard the route there is pretty rough." Anise saw it this question coming. She didn't want to have to deal with this fool on her way to New Bark. She had to come up with an answer without having it too negative.

"I think I'll be fine, thanks for suggesting the help though." Her grin stayed on her face helping maintain a positive atmosphere. It didn't help to much as Linus frowned for a second before responding.

"You're always smiling huh?" The boy said half heartedly.

"What can I say, you live life to be happy right?" Anise responded. There was a small pause before Licus answered meekly.

"I guess you're right."

"Well I'm heading out, gotta get to New Bark." Anise waved her hand and walked outside of the pokemon center. With that Anise headed out. On exiting she peered behind her, seeing that despite her request, Linus still decided to follow her. She turned to speak to him.

"Where are you off to Linus?"

"New Bark, I told you yesterday remember?"

"Riiight." Anise looked over exaggeratedly before spotting the local item mart.

"Hey Linus I take back what I said earlier, can you do me a favor?" She held her hands together and brought herself closer to the boy's face. He immediately cheered up to at the notion.

"I forgot something at the pokemon center. Can you please go over to the item shop and buy me a few things."

Linus quickly agreed and made his way over to the item store. Watching him carefully, Anise ran off to Route 29 before the boy could exit.

I'm going to have to make up some clever lie if I ever run into him again.

Anise stopped running as she hit the exit of the town, with the coming route in front to her, Route 29; an old wild road, with such infrequent travelers it might as well be uncharted. The notion of entering this wilderness was quite exciting, the girl couldn't be any happier.

She has been walking since she left home all the way back in Goldenrod. However, the route she took was involved going through Violet City, so her path was well worn and easy to travel, in fact through her travels she never had to come into contact with tall grass, though that was only due to having access to ledges that let her cut ahead of paths that otherwise were ridden with the pokemon infested blades.
Anise trudged her way through the route, doing her best to avoid any suspicious grass. On her travel, she was welcomed by an incredibly (un)friendly Tailow. It would swap down and peck at the girl, as though to threaten her for invading his space. Anise took it was a friendly gesture and pulled some pokemon food to feed to bird. Before she could even say anything to the bird, it would steal away the food from her hand and continue harassing her. Completely unbothered, Anise continued her way, occasionally pulling out food for her new welcoming companion. Once the girl ran out of pokemon food, the pokemon continued to poke at the girl eventually tearing at her new hat. Once it saw it could get no more food from this arrangement, it flew off to find a new to-be trainer to harass sent off by fare well wave from Anise.

Soon Anise found herself in front of New Bark town. From the distance she could spot Elm and a few others who had made it there before her.

"HI Professsoor!!" In the most jolly voice imaginable, Anise ran flew into the scene, cutting her way right in front of Professor Elm. Unfazed by the sudden greeting, the old man replied bluntly. "Hello there and you are?"

"Anise Briar, I'm here to pick up my starter!" Anise replied punctually.

"Very well, here." The man handed the girl some supplies unceremoniously. Anise expected a little more life from Professor Elm, expecting some lines like Anise! There you are! or a Go on! Pick one! after being shown a selection of starters or something similar. To say the least she was a little disappointed, although it clearly didn't get to her, as her smile was something quite out of this world.

"I want you to raise the Teddiursa inside this pokeball. You'll be his first partner so please do a good job raising him." The professor continued pressing a pokeball into the girl's hand.

"Of course I will, this teddiursa will be a strong and happy pokemon, I promise!" The girl replied in a cliché. Anise felt like a child as she said that, but these were her honest feelings. Through her discomfort regarding people, she always loved pokemon. The old man couldn't help but crack a smile at the young girl's excitement, likely reminding him of old cherished memories.

"Alright, I wish you luck on your journey, young Anise."

With a beaming smile, Anise gave a farewell nod and turned to meet the others who have found their ways to this forsaken town.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
After a long journey Tai finally made it to route 29 though he still had quite a walk left for him. As he walked through the bushes he spotted a Spinrak and inside Tai's stomach he wanted to puke but he decided to start to sprint as fast as he can down the Route.
As Tai neared the meeting spot he saw a flaming horse and some other kids, around his age, chattering amongst themselves, Tai began to run over to the old professor who was happy to see him.

"Ah. Who might you be?" The old man asked.

"Tai... Tai Skylit!" Tai replied in a cheerful tone.

"Oh YES! I have your Pokemon for you here you go." the man said before rummaging through his basket and bringing out a pokeball.

"THANKS!" Tai replied before letting his pokemon out of his ball. "Wow, an Eevee what are we gonna name you? How about... Djinn that sounds fitting." Tai said with a smile upon his face.

Tai then turned around and went over to the other trainers to chat.

"Hi Guys, I am Tai Skylit!" Tai said with a broad smile on his face.

After a long journey Tai finally made it to route 29 though he still had quite a walk left for him. As he walked through the bushes he spotted a Spinrak and inside Tai's stomach he wanted to puke but he decided to start to sprint as fast as he can down the Route.
As Tai neared the meeting spot he saw a flaming horse and some other kids, around his age, chattering amongst themselves, Tai began to run over to the old professor who was happy to see him.

"Ah. Who might you be?" The old man asked.

"Tai... Tai Skylit!" Tai replied in a cheerful tone.

"Oh YES! I have your Pokemon for you here you go." the man said before rummaging through his basket and bringing out a pokeball.

"THANKS!" Tai replied before letting his pokemon out of his ball. "Wow, an Eevee what are we gonna name you? How about... Djinn that sounds fitting." Tai said with a smile upon his face.

Tai then turned around and went over to the other trainers to chat.

"Hi Guys, I am Tai Skylit!" Tai said with a broad smile on his face.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
J U N - New Bark Meadow

Spoiler:

It was still early. The sun peeked over the eastern horizon and orange clouds floated by slowly, almost as if they themselves were savoring the feeling of warmth. Jun yawned.

He had just been dropped off by a monk who was going from Ecruteak to Cherrygrove this morning and didn't mind going the extra way to give his little friend a lift. Jun had been so excited last night that he could hardly sleep. Most of the night, he had been lying in his bed, staring up into the ceiling, thinking about what he expected from this journey. A pokémon trainer... No one was a pokémon trainer these days. Not for real. He was so special. This was so exciting.

And yet, he yawned now. It was so early still, that he had fallen asleep again in the van they had driven south in. The drive had taken quite a few hours, so he had had to get up almost before he had really fallen asleep. He started thinking about how incredibly long time a journey back to Ecruteak would take on foot... But then stopped himself, and that was around the time he had drifted back to sleep in the ride.

Now Jun was standing on his two legs, just somewhat swaying and trying to make his eyes open up properly, at the edge of what used to be New Bark Town. Now it wasn't really a town... Or anything, anymore. The sky had a beautiful shimmer to it in the clouds, and bird pokémon could be heard chirping in the forests at the edges of the fields. The Hoot-hoot had already gone silent.

There was no one here yet. Jun seemed to be the first. He strayed from the road and stepped out on the large, green meadow that now covered most of the land that had before been a town. It was eerie at the same time as it was calm. Serene, even. Jun felt himself beginning to wake up, and smile a little for no particular reason, when a noise made him jump and turn around.

It was a Rapidash, neighing at him. It lay under a tree, and right next to it lay a man. He seemed to be sound asleep. At least, he wasn't moving one bit.

Jun carefully approached. At the tower in his hometown, he knew very well not to disturb sleeping monks. It was a saying, even. But this guy didn't seem to be a monk. Actually... He pulled up a paper from a pocket and unfolded it. Yeah, this matched with the location he had been given.

"Professor Elm!" the boy said cheerfully.

The man didn't move for a few seconds. Then, his eyes slowly opened and looked at the boy slowly, as if he was measuring him with his vision.

"Hello," then came.

"Oh, great it is you! Very nice to meet you, sir." Jun bowed lightly, more because he was nervous and fell back to his calming instincts from the Brass tower monks, than because people actually did that anymore. Usually, they didn't. "I am Jun Toledo and I was told you, um, had a Totodile for me?"

The man sat up and leaned back against the tree, simultaneously reaching for his basket. "That is right. Do you have your order?"

"Order, sir?" Jun said, paling for a moment.

"Just, the letter you received."

"Oh yeah! Right here, sir," Jun said, nearly letting out a laughter of relief and handing over the paper he had been holding. The professor merely threw a glance at it before showing a glimpse of a smile and reaching down into the basket. He fetched a little bag with a lot of pokéballs in it and handed to Jun without a word of explanation. Of course Jun knew that they were pokéballs though. Then he received a machine. From the Pokémon Association, Jun had understood that this was a pokédex. But again, Elm did nothing to further explain the matter. And lastly, Elm took one single pokéball and seemed to linger just a moment longer than with the other items before letting it go into Jun's hand. The boy gave him a curious look.

"That is your pokémon. Treat it well."

He didn't look Jun into the eyes or anything, just leaned back towards the tree again and patted his Rapidash a little. Jun took some steps back and looked at the pokéball in his hand. The other items, he had swiftly loaded into his bag already.

"Totodile," he whispered. The ball glowed red and white in the early sunshine.

Nothing more was said, as Jun left the meadow of New Bark behind and took his first steps, alone, on the road to become a pokémon trainer of the next generation.

((OOC: I made Jun the first to arrive (or at least before most) since you guys seemed to start interacting. And like I said in the OOC, I want to avoid that for a little while in the beginning, is all ;). ))

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

Brianna - Super Awesome Debut

"Oh my gee, Bree, you're gonna have a blast of a journey, you will meet so many people and catch so many Pokémon and-"

Damn right he's annoying. This is your father. As one might of deducted by now he likes to discuss everything Pokémon. He breathes Pokémon and dreams Pokémon. He would catch Pokémon in his sleep if there was an Entralink in Johto.

This obnoxious male of peachy skin, eyes the color of almonds and slick black hair has a reason to be obsessed with Pokémon, tho. For starters he was once a mighty Pokémon Trainer back when it was cool. And this world of theirs is a Pokémon Trainer World. Added tot his is the fact that his daughter, Brianna, will finally go out on a journey against her will, which he highly hopes changes her mindset of becoming a teacher to follow in her father's steps.

This male of round race and small build, who stands at a bit more than six feet has finally ceased his speech. You and him stand in the living room of your spacious household. It is not the biggest house around but your colored parents certainly make up for it. You nod in agreement as you reach for your trustworthy purse, and with some farewells, kisses in cheeks, and promises rom your part to catch a gazillion 'mons, you finally leave your accommodating home, venturing for one last time into Violet City...

Reading glasses on, for the avid reader on the go. Book on hand, for whenever you want to read more of Larry Plotter's misadventures in The Charmeleon of Secrets. Purse hanging from your shoulder, for when you need to store and retrieve items with haste. You are a bright female and you make a brilliant stroll around the trees. Constantly stopping to admire the foliage around and the way light filters thru it. It looks so much better than how books described it. Yes, you will admit Routes are beautiful and stuff... If only they weren't plagued with wild Rattata every single time you look around...

You gracefully walk past the tall grass where Rattata and Pidgey like to nest, haste-fully passing by Cherrygrove City without minding mud of it except for the salty smell, and the relaxing sound of waves caressing the sandy beach. Once the symphony of the shore has delighted you ears for enough time, you walk outside of town, entering into another set of tall grass and rustling trees.

With careful steps and an upbeat attitude you make your way around Route 29, never loosing your glamour. Nope, not even with those slopes down the road. You just jump elegantly over them and continue traversing the road. With every step you take a calming breeze blows your way, and a town begins to materialize each time closer. Soon enough, you take your step in a town where winds of a new beginning drag leaves all around. Your name is Brianna Jenssen. And you're now in New Bark Town.

"Sir." You say as you approach an old gentleman with a Rapidash, both of them laying next to a tree. Some other people stand around, and had even begun a conversation by now. You decide not to mind them for now. Not to be rude, but if you're gonna embark on a journey them you need a source of Trainer-ness, correct?

"Miss." The old man replies quickly. He certainly doesn't look like a talking guy, which is good. You wouldn't really like it if this guy was to ramble on and on about Pokémon.

"Jenssen. Brianna." You waste no time in your reply, and conversely, he's quick to retrieve a container of sorts from his belongings. Inside it lays an egg, in all of its mighty eggyness. You take it and politely excuse yourself, you eyes everyone else around, hands holding the container with a nice grip.

"What up?"

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Before he could even blink, Chris found himself accompanied by three others. Two young ladies and another young man stood there, their respective Pokemon *with the exception of one girl and her egg* waved and introduced themselves.

"Hey guys." Chris replied. "Guess we're all new Trainers huh?"

He paused for a moment, realizing his Cyndaquil was still inside her Pokeball. Without further hesitation, he released the Cyndaquil, who turned her back to him. He shrugged, she'd get to know him sooner or later.

"Where are my manners," Chris shook his head. "My name is Chris, and this is Cinder, my Cyndaquil."

Glancing around at the others, Tai, the young boy who had introduced himself first, had an Eevee at his feet, who yipped happily. Both of the young ladies in front of him weren't able to show their Pokemon, as one of them was currently in an egg in an incubator, and the other just hadn't been released.

"Woah," Chris grinned, glancing at the egg in the incubator. "Did the Professor tell you what's inside that thing? It's pretty sweet!"

Cinder, however, was not as interested in meeting new people, and slowly began to wonder off. Chris stopped her advance by returning her to the Pokeball. Before releasing her at his feet again.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Anime_girl_by_FufuwaChanface_zps58ff5627.jpg

The old man awakened from his slumber, slowly opening his eyes to face Annalise. Perhaps it had been the sound of her voice that startled him, but it was just as possible that it was the arrival of other youth, no doubt here for the same reason she was. Professor Elm's age showed, but his mind hadn't faded in all these decades. He knew he was expecting company, and took no surprise to the gathering of teenagers around him.

One by one, the professor rummaged through his basket and handed its contents to the intended recipients. When it came to Anna's turn, he produced a Pokeball, much like he had with the others. It shook violently as it changed possession into the girl's hand. There was a flash of light, and within seconds Anna found herself tackled to the ground, her new Pokemon standing on top of her gleefully. "Chiko!," the Grass Pokemon bleated happily as she greeted her new owner. Annalise couldn't help but smile. "My, you're a friendly little one... it's nice to meet you!"

The Pokemon gently climbed off Annalise's chest, allowing the teenager to stand once more. She glanced down at the Pokemon, who was now prancing happily around her new Trainer. "Lots of energy there," Anna mumbled as she watched her new partner. "How about I call you.... Petal?" The Chikorita nodded acceptingly, not once ceasing her bouncing around. She was happy to be out of that cramped Pokeball for sure, but ths particular Chikorita was just rather energetic in general.

The girl finally glanced around, seeing the other trainers beginning to converse. "It's a pleasure to meet you all," Anna spoke properly, her wealthy upbringing showing somewhat in her manner of speech. "I am Annalise Fairwing. I look forward to working together with everyone." She had no intention of trying to make herself appear better or more intellectual in any way through her speech. She had been raised far away from cities and the slang spoken in their streets. Back in Cherrygrove her naivety showed whenever someone spoke street talk to her. It was only yesterday that she learned what else "Cubone" could mean, and she was shocked.

It was then that she took note of the fact that her pouch of Gummy Teddiursa had been..... snacknapped! She was quickly in a frenzy. "Where did it go?! Where did it go?!" She was able to surmise that it was knocked out of her hand when Petal 'introduced' herself, but where could it have gone off to now?! Her questions were answered when she looked right between her feet. The Pidgey from before was still there, his prize in beak, chowing down on Anna's precious Gummy Teddiursa candies. She had some more in her bag, but they were reserved for future meals and emergencies.

Yet this love of sweets was something that she and the bird Pokemon had in common. Petal had already seemed to warm up to the Pidgey, playing with him but keeping a wary eye out for the Cyndaquil that the Professor had given to another new Trainer. She was terrified of the thing due to a past incident. Anna smirked, looking down at the flying Pokemon. "You know... you're not such a bad Pidgey after all," she spoke in a sing-song voice. She took out one of the empty Pokeballs which the professor had given her, and placed it on the ground. "There will be plenty more gummies if you decided to come along with us... it's up to you though." The girl was rather excited as she awaited the Pidgey's decision. She was on the brink of obtaining two Pokemon before she even had her first battle... provided this worked. Of course, the Pidgey just might want to test Anna's ability before heading down the road to Gummy Teddiursa paradise.
<_____________________
152.gif

Last edited:

Kranic

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Anise Briar,
The Budding Trainer!

VwZhL1o.png

Anise listened as the trainers all introduced themselves.

"My names Anise Briar, nice to meet you all!"

Anise gave a quick and cheery introduction to the various trainer. She watched as the trainers around her began to release their pokemon. Before she knew it, a Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Eevee were included in the small crowd around her. She looked down at the pokeball and decided it was time to meet her own little partner. With a soft touch of a button and a bright red light, a Teddiursa appeared before her. Paw to its mouth it looked at its new environment.

"Hello there!"

Anise said grinning. The small pokemon looked over to the girl and tilted its head. Anise swooned over the creatures cuteness immediately wrap her arms and pick up the pokemon. "You're so adorable!" The girl shouted out while hugging the pokemon. The pokemon struggled a little before being returned to the ground.

"Here I have a treat for you." Swapping her attention to her bag, the girl pulled out a large blue berry and handed it to the Teddiursa. The girl smiled while watching the pokemon take its first bite from the berry. Its eyes gleamed as it enjoyed the mix flavors from the berry.

"You must really like Oran berries huh…Hey why don't I call you Oran?" The pokemon looked over towards the girl and gave a happy nod. The girl gleamed as she picked up the pokemon. "My little Oran! You're so cute! And you're going to be mine, forever and ever!" The girl sung as she swung around with the pokemon in the air.

Shortly after returning the pokemon to the ground, Anise decided to analyze at the trainers around her. Quietly she watched the trainers and came to some conclusions of what she thought of them.

She began with Annalise. Her speech was a little too formal; meaning she probably came from a good family, a family that would probably have sheltered her a lot. Furthermore, with her way of speech seemed to signify that she didn't seem too confident in herself. Anise was quite happy with this arrangement. She was high on her list of befriending. She probably doesn't have a lot of friends in the first place, so being her first friend on the trip would definitely put her in a good position with her.

Anise's thoughts moved onto Tai. He seemed a bit loud and overexcited. Her initially thought was that he wasn't too smart, what with his repeating his full name over and over. She decided that she would bother him later; he is probably the type that befriends anyone anyways.

With that, Anise moved onto the next boy in the group, Chris. She didn't have a good read on the boy just yet, from just his introduction; the guy seemed like a fairly average person, if a little wordy. Anise needed some more time if she wanted to get a better read on him. He was currently interacting with the trainer with the egg, Brianna, Anise recalled. Brianna was another mystery for Anise. She hasn't really said much outside of a 'What's up' to the general group. The only reason Anise caught her name was because she told it to the professor.

Concluding her brief analysis, Anise thought about what she wanted to do. She looked over towards Annalise and saw she was incredibly preoccupied with her Chikorita and a seemingly tamed Pidgey. She decided rather than interrupting her, she would inquire with the mysterious Brianna and Chris.

She brought herself to the duo staring intently at the egg.

"How cool!"

The girl squealed as she stared at the egg alongside Chris. "Any clue what's inside?" She followed looking up towards Brianna.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

Brianna - Super Awesome Debut Pt.2

After a sudden change in type of narration, for which none of us really sure why, Brianna takes the rest of her goods from the old man, who just nodded and was pretty much being irresponsive the whole time. Shortly after this, those around her began to introduce themselves.

First was what could only be described as "your average teen male". Muscles, duster overcoat, blond hair that shines as bright as a diamond the sun... Had she not read of a person of similar looks? Palmtop or something...

She shrugs, trying to not drift away from the male's introduction. She'd have plenty of time to figure out which figure the boy seems to resemble quite strongly. This person introduced himself as Chris -although he did seem more like a Christopher- and he then showcased a Cyndaquil next to him: Cinder.

"Salutations," Brianna replied with a wide smile, being this the only thing she could do without letting go of the incubator, "Whilst I'm not particularly fond of the Typloshion specimen, I do find your companion to be quite the adorable fellow!" And soon she was followed by an inquiry regarding the egg in the glass incubator she was holding, referring to it as being "sweet" and asking if the Professor told her what was inside.

"Why yes, as it just so happens, this indeed is an egg, although this guy..." Her sight drifts towards the old man who she assumed was the Professor, and then went back to Chris, "Is not exactly what you would call "resourceful"." She ended her dialogue with a giggle as she ignored the many "whatever" the Professor decided to scoff at her every word.

Then spoke a girl of not-so-orange-yet-not-so-brown hair, who seemed to have an adequate sense of style and flair. This was Annalise Fairwing. She seemed like an okay folk, even stating how excited it would be to work with everyone else. However, before Bree could reply to her honest, cheerful statement, said female became preoccupied with an ordeal that may or may not involve a tamed Pidgey... You'd be surprised by how frequently Pidgey are involved in everyday troubles.

There was also a Tai guy but he seemed rather... loud... and happy. She might as well just refrain from speaking to him for now, but who know, maybe they could become great friends?

"Any clue what's inside?" Yet another girl spoke. This one seemed to love the color white... and green... and orange. Not precisely a color-scheme that Brielle would favor, but she was none to judge unless she was willing to be judged afterwards. Which she, by the way, wasn't.

This was Anise Briar, and she seemed to have a liking to analyze everything that spoke -Trainers and Pokémon alike-. What really hooked Bree's attention was the most adorable sight ever to be beholden: a Teddiursa. Gosh, those little guys are so adorable. All the while whilst Anise interacted with the others she couldn't stop staring at the adorable little bear, with the occasional "aww" being pronounced by her teeth.

Finally returning to Anise's previous inquiry, she replied: "Like I mention before, someone is not willing to be a wordy person, and as such it remains a mystery even to myself what this egg could be containing," this time around she didn't even bother to look at the Professor, "My name, by the way, is Brianna. Brianna Brielle Jenssen, but if that's a lot to memorize, then feel free to just call me Bree," she paused with a brief smile before continuing, "Just don't call me maybe!" She giggled at her own ironic comment.

It was so brilliant, of course. Who could ever refuse to share her laughter?

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
"Brianna Brielle Jenssen?" Chris stifled a chuckle. "Pardon me for saying so, but that's quite the mouthful, don't you think?"

Shaking his head, he didn't want his first interaction with the new Trainers to be rude, so he smiled a toothy grin.

"Nicely met either way. Yeah, Cinder is a keeper. She's very well taken care of, by the looks of her coat. She's sure to make a great companion. I'd also like to say that I have no doubts that the little guy/gal inside that egg of yours is going to be something truly special too. Congratulations on receiving it."

Focusing his attention at the little bear standing beneath Anise's feet, Chris smirked, as he cooed the natural Teddiursa cry. The bear's ears perked up momentarily, searching the area for the source of its own kind's cry.

Chuckling, Chris smiled at the other Trainers.

"Worked with Pokemon on the mountains up by Blackthorn. Kinda picked up a bit on their sounds and mannerisms while I was treating the sick ones. Teddiursas and Ursarings were no exception. That's a soon to be strong Pokemon you have there."

He glanced down at Cinder, who stared menacingly at Annalise's Chikorita. The flames on her back flared up as the Chikorita glanced over, it's eyes widened with shock. It's Trainer's fixed on the Pidgey that had so happily stolen and ate her snacks. Thinking on his toes, he recalled Cinder into her Pokeball, the equipment in his hand warmed with Cinder's temper, as he placed her ball back on his belt.

"Please pardon her, I'll get her to come around and be a little less of a brat soon enough."

Kranic

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Anise Briar,
The Budding Trainer!

VwZhL1o.png

"Just don't call me maybe!"

The play of words went right over Anise's head. After a moment of confusion, Anise let out a laugh as she realized it was a reference to a song.

"Ha, I get it…Maybe."

She said maintaining her ever constant smile.

"I think I like Brianna more though, so I'll be calling you that from now on okay? You probably got my name earlier, but I'm Anise Briar, nice to meet you. It's too bad about your egg, but there's always fun to a mystery right?"

Anise finish up with a wide grin before being distracted by a not too familiar cry, Anise stared at her Teddiursa, who looked equally confused. She turned back to her group, to find Chris imitating her pokemon's Cry.

"Worked with Pokemon on the mountains up by Blackthorn. Kinda picked up a bit on their sounds and mannerisms while I was treating the sick ones. Teddiursas and Ursarings were no exception. That's a soon to be strong Pokemon you have there."

"Really! That's so exciting!"

Her eye's gleamed with excitement.

"You gotta teach me more about Teddiursas, I want Oran to grow big and strong!"

The trainer's way with pokemon easily impressed the girl. He was definitely worth her attention. Though, her thoughts were easily cut off by the boy's Cyndaquil, who needed its trainer's attention. After watching the little confrontation Anise came up with a suggestion:

"Why don't we go out and train then? I'm sure route 29 is a great place to let out some aggression."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
J U N - Route 29

Spoiler:

"Okay, Totodile. Our mission is to capture as many pokémon as we can!" Jun declared as he and his newfound companion were walking through Route 29, towards the west. It was a bright day and the other trainers who Jun assumed should also have met with professor Elm today were nowhere to be seen. Totodile wasn't the fastest walker on land, but he didn't seem to have a problem with struggling a little to keep up with his trainer. He seemed to enjoy the exercise. Perhaps he had been pent up in that ball for quite some time? Jun decided to let him be outside of the pokéball for now, in any case.

The boy scouted the trees and tall grass near the road they were walking on, trying to spot something they could battle and capture. He had never looked for pokémon in this way before. Usually it was just something to shrug at, if you encountered a Rattata or Stantler in the forest near Ecruteak. But now every common pokémon suddenly meant so much more. A possible teammate, someone to train and grow into a strong battler. Jun smiled only from thinking about it. Rin would swoon over him if he arrived home with a full team.

But pokémon sure weren't jumping out on him this day. And Totodile didn't do much to help. He didn't seem interested in searching actively for wild opponents, rather he tried to catch Jun's attention now and then, as if he wanted to constantly be looked at and played with. Jun sometimes patted him on his head or shook him off his leg when the little pokémon clinged to it all of a sudden. After a while, it became tedious though.

"Hey... What are you doing? I'm not a pokémon you should battle," Jun finally said, stopping and crouching down beside Totodile. The pokémon smiled even larger and began dancing around from joy that Jun showed him that much attention. The boy shook his head and chuckled a little. He wasn't the type of person to get mad at annoying things. Especially not if they were simultaneously quite adorable.

Suddenly, Totodile froze in its movements though. Jun immediately reacted. "Is it a wild pokémon? Where!" He spun around and tried to see what Totodile was looking at, further down the road.

It was a woman, running towards them. No wait, a girl even, probably a teenager. She was just really tall and looked a bit older than she probably was, when you weren't seeing her up close. Shouting and waving her arms, she got closer. Jun got up and started walking towards her, ready to help in whatever way he needed to.

"... back!..." the girl's voice came faintly in the distance.

"What?" Jun said, and started running to get to her faster. Totodile didn't quite keep up behind him. The girl had a really urgent look on what Jun could see of her face. A white coat was fluttering behind her as she ran.

"... run!..."

"Back? Back where?" Jun called out and ran even faster. The girl shook her head vigorously now and waved her hands in front of her as she finally came close enough for her words to be heard by the boy.

"GET BACK! AWAY! RUN, RUN, RUN!"

Jun stopped dead in his tracks. "You don't want me to come?"

"WAAAAAH!" the girl shouted and ran so fast that she reached Jun before the scream had ended. But she didn't stop there, she just ran past him and soon past the struggling Totodile too, in the direction of New Bark.

Jun scratched his head as Totodile reached him, not panting but rather pepped up. "What was that about? What is there that is worth running from on this route?"

He turned around. And saw a whole team of pokémon racing towards them on the road. Jun had to blink and rub his eyes to really understand what was coming towards him. They were a group of pokémon, all different species, running at a mild pace and sometimes giving each other spurring smiles and glances before turning their sharp gazes ahead again. They looked like a team of pokémon someone had trained, but the trainer was nowhere to be seen.

Unless... Jun peered back at the girl in the white coat who just then disappeared from sight behind some trees down the road. Okay.

((OOC: AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING garblegarlsdjfksd I'll write the continuation soon, I think I have some weird events coming up.))

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Chris smiled at Anise's reaction to his imitation of her Teddiursa. Nodding his head, he grinned.

"Working and living with Pokemon. Couldn't think of anything else I'd rather do." Chris paused for a moment, than reached into his pocket.

Rolling his eyes as he searched the depths of his duster coat's endless abyss' that were called 'pockets'. He finally found what he was looking for, and produced a small, blue, spherical berry.

"First and foremost about Teddiursa and Ursaring. It's not uncommon to see one with honey on it's paw. If this is any indication for you, that means the whole family line enjoys sweet tasting food. Oran berries, Honey, Candy. You name it." Handing the Oran berry to Anise, Chris continued. "Keep it's sweet tooth sated, and continue to train it with love and compassion, and in no time it will become an Ursaring."

Chris briefly glanced at Anise's face, which bore a smile and a certain excitement from his knowledge of her Pokemon, but also a hint of concern over his Cyndaquil. He knew instantly what she was getting at with her suggestion to go into Route 29, Cinder wanted more attention, and wanted to show off her abilities.

"I'd be more than happy in sharing what else I know at a later point. For right now though, I agree. Cinder would like to see some action, and I sure don't want it to be on Annalise's Chikorita. Let's head into Route 29!"

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Since some of the other children had set off for route 29 Taichi decided that he to may aswell head off since he didn't really know any of them he decided to go it solo.

"Hey Djinn, let's go to route 29 and see what wonderful Pokemon we can train and we should also watch how the others battle it might be good to learn different strategies to fight." Tai said patting Djinn on the head.

"Eevee!" Djinn replied with a cheerful tone before jogging off to the entrance to of Route 29.

Taichi wasting know time ran after Djinn. As the two walked around hopelessly trying to find their way came to dead end and saw a lone Pidgey pecking at a Spinrak.

"Hey, what'cha think you are doing to that Spinrak huh?!" Taichi yelled running over to the aid of the terrified Spinrak.

"*Bird Noise*" the Pidgey yelled fluttering just above Taichi.

"Djinn, let's show this Pidgey off/up." Taichi yelled.

"Eeveeee." Djinn replied before jumping into the air and tackling the Pidgey to the ground.

"Go eevee, use detect!" Taichi ordered.

Djinn used detect and could see that the Pidgey was going to use sand attack though with no sand around it failed.

"Okay go for another tackle!" Taichi said with a face full of hope.

Djinn responded to Taichi with a critical hit.

"Oof that would hurt, continue dishing out tackles!" Taichi yelled thinking to himself are the others listening to me yell and run around feeling very self conscious.

Djinn continued dishing out tackles to Pidgey but the Pidgey had a chance to use gust and so it did. Djinn was sent through the air hurting Djinn immensly.

"Oh no Djinn watch out use detect it's coming in for an attack." Taichi said quietly. Djinn could not hear Tai's command over the screeches of the evil Pidgey. The Pidgey then went for the kill using Peck defeating Djinn.

"Djinn are you okay quickly, let's take you back to the professor maybe he has some potions!" Taichi yelled running over to the collapsed Djinn.
Attack of the Pidgey!

Back