• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebi EX Ruling Question

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
Okay, I needed some clarification on the ruling of Celebi EX's Time Recall ability. For those not familiar with the card, it states that "As long as this Pokémon is in play, all of your Evolved Pokémon can use attacks of their earlier evolutions. (The Energy Cost for those attacks is still required)." I guess my question is does this effect Abilities? If so, I could see this really helping to stop the uprising of Darkrai/Hydreigon if it does effect abilities. Think about this: Garchomp is evolved naturally. Now it is able to use Dragon Call every turn from its Gabite form. This means that setup for that deck will take much less time then it already is taking. Or put it into the Eel decks. Now you can go ahead and evolve Eel all the way, which stops it from being catchered/OHKO'd be almost every attack.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
It specifically says Attacks, not Abilities.

If the Abilities carried over to the new pokemon Celebi-EX would be stupid.

Eels would be OP as crap since if I'm thinking this through correctly, Dynamotor would work for Eelektross, then it's possible to Devo-Spray it to an Eel for an additional one, or use Motor on Eelektrik and evolve it for another one. Eels would be retarded to say the least.

Another thing is if the abilities carried over, Blastoise would then have access not only to its Rain Dance(Deluge) but is then immune to damage whilst on the bench where it will spend most of its time.

The game needs neither of these things to ever exist.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
That's kind of what I was thinking. I just really hope something comes along that shuts Darkrai/Hydreigon down... It's getting boring finding nothing but those decks online...

Back