• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dont hate max!

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
for some reason i get the feeling a lot of people hate max, but i think hes a great charicter who gives more blend to the adventuring team because he is young, and just to be honest i like his voice acting.

it was also so sad when he said goodbye to ralts in that one episode.

Years
I personally didn't mind Max, but everyone hated him because he was even more useless than Brock. You've got Brock being the commentator of the battles, May doing her contests, and Ash just being Ash, but Max did absolutely nothing relevant during his run but cry for his sister and attempt to get a cheap laugh once in a while. His awful voice actor didn't help at all.

At least he got a good role in arguably the worst movie in Pokemon history.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
i kinda put aside the fact he cant battle because its not a fair thing to put against him.

i remember brock would help against team rocket with his mudkip and some others like ludicolo on ocasions. but your right he never really faught in many trainer fights. instead they put most of his efforts into food sadly =/

back to max...

i personaly liked his voice, it was irritating but hes "supposed" to be a younger charicter so it kinda fits him.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I hated his gringo voice. I loved his Mexican voice. I was like "What the **** that's Max? Que vatos son aqui" He sounded older than Ash.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
i should look up his mexican voice some time lol.

but i can safely say, maxs voice was better than what ashs voice is now.

i think someone threw ash's larynx into a meat grinder then put it back into him. that or he hit puberty >.< ( i think they switched the actor if im correct)

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
Years
Yus, you guys are right. xD
Max looks definitely older than Ash with this voice. o.O
And personally, I prefer Max. Ash makes me angry...It's not possible to be "lucky" as he is...I mean, he always wins.
I know Max does not fight with his Pokemon, but anyway.​

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
Years
Tss, this is just because he is the main character.
But even like this, it's not possible to win like he does. There are several moments where Ash should have lost, but he didn't...
Also, his Charizard is cheat! A Charizard can't resist against an Ice Beam attack!
'Cause yes, Ash's Charizard fought against Articuno, and guess who won ?
Ash and his Charizard of course!
That's not fair, and it's totally stupid.

Max doesn't do anything like this.
And he looks nice.
He's a good character.​

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't see why everyone always says Ash always wins, he's never won a single League tournament other than the Orange League. I wouldn't really say he beat the Battle Frontier since Brandon never battled him with all his best Pokemon in one team and the Frontier Brains had more restrictions on them.

Anyway about Max, yea I hate him and I'm okay if you disagree with me but he was a selfish little brat.

Years
I don't see why everyone always says Ash always wins, he's never won a single League tournament other than the Orange League. I wouldn't really say he beat the Battle Frontier since Brandon never battled him with all his best Pokemon in one team and the Frontier Brains had more restrictions on them.
You seem to have forgotten about Ash defeating a Rhydon by shocking its horn, zapping Swellow in a double a battle to give it electric armor, and going Super Saiyan when an evil cyborg pirate was getting away.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
i feel max didn't hurt anything or make anything better.I feel he did get in the way alot and still don't remember why he was able to go with may and the gang when he was not even a trainer or older then age 10.

Back