• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Pokemon Lightning Yellow
Current Version: 1.0
Released: 1 March 2016

Plot:
The plot is basically Pokemon Yellow remade. There are a few main changes.
Professor Oaks tests out your skills by lending you a Pokemon in order to capture the Pikachu at the begining.
All 151 Pokemon are obtainable in some way or another, as well as the original 151's pre/post evolutions from later gens
Breeding is possible like in the later games.
Sevii Islands available post game

Credits:
RPG Maker XP using Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit. HG/SS sprites.
Resources are from http://www.spriters-resource.com/ or ripped by me
Dave_ - userbar
Curt's Region Starter Kit - Door animations
Kyldove & Speed - Indoor tileset
tebited15 - Red Sprite
mustafa505 - Gen5 style Jessie & James trainer sprites
Ęℓαчиıı - Lorelei & Agatha VS Sprites
Sichlor - Sloped clycling road tutorial
nissemann123456789 - Lorelei & Agatha Overworld sprites
Fl . - Egg available script
Smogon - X/Y Sprites

I'm looking for someone who can do the following in HGSS style
Rocker overworld and trainer sprite
Engineer overworld and trainer sprite
Lorelei trainer sprite.
Agatha trainer sprite.
Let me know if you can.

Features
Ability to obtain all 151 original Pokemon, plus their pre/post evolutions from later Gens
Encounters change once you beat the elite four
Mystery Gift (Online)
GTS Trade Center

Website

Demo:
http://lightning-yellow.com/release/

Updates: - Please use the provided updater to update
If for some reason you can't update, please wait an hour or so, the webserver may be busy or having trouble

Updates
Updated to essentials 16.1
Kanto complete
Sevii islands partially done

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Know bugs / Improvements
Player cycling animation needs sorting
Player running animation needs sorting
Some trainer sprites are larger than they should be, if you can list any trainer types you find with this issue please

Maps
http://lightning-yellow.com/index.php?title=Maps

Videos
Spoiler:

Userbars
userbar.png

userbar_Dave_.png

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

The name is taken as a ROM Hack and as a Game Before. Change it.

Overall, good progress. Nice yellow remake.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thanks, i'll think of another name. A demo should be soon. It will have everything up to and including Pewter.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
If you want the game look better, add new titlesets, make it dual screen. Dual Screen Script is here
But give credit to Crazyninjaguy

If you want the game look better, add new titlesets, make it dual screen. Dual Screen Script is here

Last edited:

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Nice start but I think you should try using newer tilesets. Also, because you're using the small R/S/E/FR/LG character and the large HGSS Pikachu it makes the Pikachu look larger than the character himself lol.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years

Game doesn't always have to be dual screen to make it look better and that script is sooooooo outdated it's believable. Most people just go into the sprite resizer and change the resolution there. But, one thing you need to think of, is the game creator able to script.

The game actually looks fine, it seems your mapping style Desbrina suits the gen III style and I kinda like it although the Gen IV overworlds don't seem to mix well with the tiles so either down grade the overworlds or maybe upgrade the tileset. Other than that I don't see anything wrong with your game. Plot seems basic at the moment but I can see you are planning for something big.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
KingSnivy
I'm using the FR/LG tilesets to keep in with that generations style.

Rossay
I need to resize the pokemon overworld sprites, among some others

Carmaniac
Most of the overworld sprites are placeholders at the moment. They will be switched to Gen III style.

As for the plot, it mostly stays the same as yellow, except for after the elite four it changes

My RGSS scripting is still basic though i'm learning. I pick things up pretty quickly, but at the moment theres not really much script change wise, just a few bug fixes

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Route 3 has been completed and a demo is now available. Please let me know if you find any errors or anything. I have played through it but may have missed something. The demo contains everything up till route 3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Maps up to Cerulean City and half of the city are done. I've also made it so that the Pikachu you get at the biginning won't evolve (like the series). Others that you can get will (and you will have the chance to encounter/get 1 more Pikachu)

New demo will be available when Cerulean city and its gym is done. This time i'll make the bgm files a seperate download since they are large in size

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
You know, you can just use Curt's Region Starter Kit. It's fully mapped out already save for a few cave maps, and its in your tileset style.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
You know, you can just use Curt's Region Starter Kit. It's fully mapped out already save for a few cave maps, and its in your tileset style.

Maybe she'd like to map them out on her own instead of having the entire game mapped out for her. (And if I'm not mistaken, the events are already made, too.)

Anyways, yes I have to agree with what a few members have said here. You should definitely switch to some more modern graphics when remaking a game. Otherwise, it'll be FRLG with a few tweaks to it.

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years

Maybe she'd like to map them out on her own instead of having the entire game mapped out for her. (And if I'm not mistaken, the events are already made, too.)

Anyways, yes I have to agree with what a few members have said here. You should definitely switch to some more modern graphics when remaking a game. Otherwise, it'll be FRLG with a few tweaks to it.

Just helping her out. Maybe she wanted to save some time and effort.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I'm still debating whether to include pre/post evolutions of the 151 pokemon or not
I say you do it, adds more to the game. Just 151 isn't all that many, and honestly, they are related Pokémon. If your going to include breeding, the entire families should be there.

I also vote you take a few more liberties with your versions of the maps. Keep them close to the original, but mix them up a little and change a few things just to add your own creative twist.

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
The map seems to be a bit too open, and there's a few errors with the fencing and the pond.
If you just make the map smaller, then put everything closer together, I think it'll definitely improve it.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Ok, i'm going to include the pre/post evolutions of the original 151 pokemon.

Just testing
Pallete Town - HG/SS Style
I like it! This looks a lot better! With that said:

The map seems to be a bit too open, and there's a few errors with the fencing and the pond.
If you just make the map smaller, then put everything closer together, I think it'll definitely improve it.
I agree, it should be a little less open, the pond a little wider. I like what I'm seeing so far though, keep up the good work!

Back