• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sandstorm sweeper

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
Years
Are there any good special sweepers other than Lucario that are immune to sandstorm? I have a great Lucario but my friends are finding ways to counter it and I need a replacement.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Are there any good special sweepers other than Lucario that are immune to sandstorm? I have a great Lucario but my friends are finding ways to counter it and I need a replacement.

Simple Q&A thread >.>

But yeah, I'm thinking of tyranitar ;)

Anti

return of the king
Years
There are very few pokemon that can special sweep...IO'd just use Zam. It might take damage from sandstorm, but it doesn't really matter since all hits are near OHKOs anyways.

Or you could choice specs a flygon or garchomp or something...

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
Years
Alakazam with leftovers to cancel out sandstorm might work, but it might be even more fragile. I have been considering flygon, though.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Alakazam with leftovers to cancel out sandstorm might work, but it might be even more fragile. I have been considering flygon, though.

Well sandstorm damage takes out 1/16 of your HP, which isn't much. If you specs it, it has 15 turns to attack, which is a lot. And wish support from Jirachi or Hypno would make any sweeper equal to epic win since you could wish away the damage.

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
Years
unfortunatly, my Garchomp is my physical sweeper and Flygon appears to be my best bet, even with its lacking special move pool. The best I can come up with is this:
Flygon@ Choice scarf/specs
Nature:Modest/Rash
Moveset:
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Earth Power/Earthquake (for Blissey)
Giga Drain/Silver Wind/Roost
EV's:252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
I've just checked Serebii and it's the best sandstorm resistant pokemon in both Special Attack and Speed other than Lucario.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Flygon won't be hurting blissey. Actually, trapinch would be better for beating blissey. Strange enoughm it gets arena trap and has 100 base Atk, which a CBed EQ will 2HKO the puffball :0

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Keep in mind that if you run Flygon and Garchomp, you're giving yourself a major Ice weak. I really would go with Zam.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Whoa an unevolved poke with that much atk sweet. =p
But Trapinch has absolutely no speed so Trick room help is needed.

Not against blissey, but yeah. It's meant for lower tiers anyways, I just thought it was kind of funny that it could destroy the puffball.

Zqam can't take advantage of sandstorm though. Just run the usual CM or specs Zam.

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
Camerupt has decent SATK, but it's pretty darn slow.

Your best bets are Nidoking, Magneton, and Heatran

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I'd reccomend Magnezone for a Special Sweeper with Sandstorm resistance. His Special Attack is great, and his Defence is enough to survive anything Weavile can throw at you. I'd also suggest putting Explosion on it for taking out Blissey. It won't be able to get her in one blow, so make sure she has lost about a fifth of her health before you attempt.

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
I'd reccomend Magnezone for a Special Sweeper with Sandstorm resistance. His Special Attack is great, and his Defence is enough to survive anything Weavile can throw at you. I'd also suggest putting Explosion on it for taking out Blissey. It won't be able to get her in one blow, so make sure she has lost about a fifth of her health before you attempt.

actually, for Sp Sweeping, some prefer magneton, for its increased speed, altho both of them arent fast

EDIT: oh, and lunatone is an option too

Anti

return of the king
Years
Lunatone can't sweep :/ Not in OUs anyways. Magneton is like a veruy solw sweeper. For me, it is halpful because it resisits boltbeam. But yeah.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Actually, if you throw Rash, Life Orb, and 88 EVs into its attack, it'll OHKO Blissey with Explosion.

Back