• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[all gens] Team building help

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Let me start by saying: I have all pokemon from every generation available to me with whatever stats/natures/evs/levels I choose because I am playing on pokemon online, for those of you that don't know its like a battle simulator

My current team is:

Deoxys-A ~ (Canon)
modest nature
all stats on speed and special attack.
Focus blast
ice beam
phychic
thunderbolt

Tyranitar ~ (physical sweeper)
adamant nature
stats on attack defence and special defence
super power
ice punch
dragon pulse
stone edge

[insert special sweeper here]

blissy ~ (special wall)
sassy nature
stats on HP and special defence
Toxic
double team
rest
sleep talk

Skarmory ~ (physical wall)
hardy nature
stats on hp attack and defence
rest
toxic
double team
drill peck

[insert last pokemon here]

All of the above have left overs as a item, and yes I do have a choice of any pokemon i just like gen 3 pokes and I don't feel the need to pack my team out with legendarys...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Let me start by saying that those tags aren't to say what generation your Pokémon are from. They're to say what metagame you're playing in, because they're all incredibly different. For example Gen IV is different from Gen V because you can't use Pokémon from Gen V (like Ferrothorn or Hydreigon) in Gen IV matches.

However, you've got a lot of problems with your team. Firstly, Deoxys-A is banned. You can't use it because it's been deemed too powerful. Your Tyranitar (although dubbed a physical sweeper by you why is it using dragon pulse lol) is incredibly ineffective and isn't nearly as good as the standard set, which is this:

[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Ice Beam / Superpower
item: Leftovers
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD

Blissey doesn't gain nearly as much when you invest in its HP because it's so massive. Put those EVs in Defense or else it will die to a Kakuna Bug Bite. Double Team is also banned because evasion is a cheap way to win. Rest/Sleep Talk are terrible on Blissey because it actually has recovery in the form of Wish/Softboiled and it doesn't care about status due to Natural Cure. Same with Skarmory, who has Roost. Toxic is awful on Skarmory too.

We're not here to build a team for you. Please make sure you have all of the Pokémon you need for a team before posting a RMT because otherwise we can't actually rate anything but movesets. Lastly, make sure you're following the ban list. Certain Pokémon can't be used because they've been banned or deemed too powerful for the metagame.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
we have are own server on pokemon online... and the only rule we have is only 1 legendary per team... so the ban list does not really matter... as for tyranitar it was meant to have dragon claw not pulse but your move set does look a lot more helpful :p

What would you reccomend as a special sweeper and that in mind the last slot in my team should be a .........? because I am really stumped here...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
we have are own server on pokemon online... and the only rule we have is only 1 legendary per team... so the ban list does not really matter... as for tyranitar it was meant to have dragon claw not pulse but your move set does look a lot more helpful :p

What would you reccomend as a special sweeper and that in mind the last slot in my team should be a .........? because I am really stumped here...

The ban list matters here and everywhere else so I guess if you want to play by your own rules that's fine. It's just that I kind of expected that since you posted it here you'd likely be, y'know, wanting to play with the team on our PO server or on Smogon's PO server or heck on Beta's PO server. They all follow very similar ban lists and for example Deoxys-Attack is banned on every single one. If you're going to follow your own rules, whatever, that's fine, but don't expect much in the way of rates because no one really can recognize the threats that are actually posed to your team because no one else here plays that.

There are a lot of things you can pick. Pick some. I'm really not going to pick any Pokémon for you. :(

Back