• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MAJOR Explosion at Boston Marathon

Years
Breaking: Two explosions hit Boston Marathon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/boston-marathon-explosion_n_3086665.html

Boston Marathon Explosion

s-BOSTON-MARATHON-EXPLOSION-large.jpg

The headquarters of the Boston Marathon is on lock down following an explosion near the finish line, Reuters reports.

The blast occurred just before 3:00 p.m., according to MyFoxBoston.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for more updates.

I'll add more as we know more. Most details are unknown at this time.

Years
A terrorist attack might be a possibility. It's a decently serious explosion if there's blood all over the ground - not like fireworks-blowing-up-in-your-face-serious. No one appears to be dead, though so that's good news.

Edit: I like how some of the marathon runners are still gunning for their time as the explosion occurs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I really hope it isnt a terrorist attack. It seems very serious and very terrifying. I really hope a lot of people arent hurt or dead.

Years
Ugh this merged weird

I guess the local hospital has confirmed 4 people have been admitted to the Hospital so far; some with *supposedly* grisly loss of limbs. The loss of limbs thing hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I heard that 12 people have died and over 100 are injured from this Twitter user but the event was literally like an hour ago and the story is still really early in development so we won't have any totals for a while... It's a hot mess.

This is completely horrible. I am seriously nauseous just reading about what people are reporting and seeing the images and videos being uploaded...

I've heard both gas explosion and terrorist attack because of the two bombs going off so close in time, but it's horrifying.

Last edited:
Years
I heard that 12 people have died and over 100 are injured from this Twitter user but the event was literally like an hour ago and the story is still really early in development so we won't have any totals for a while...

This is completely horrible. I am seriously nauseous just reading about what people are reporting and seeing the images and videos being uploaded...

I've heard both gas explosion and terrorist attack because of the two bombs going off so close in time, but it's horrifying.

That estimate seems a bit excessive to me. I've got the feed in front of me, and the smoke cloud & debris left over doesn't look like it could kill or maim that many people.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
That estimate seems a bit excessive to me. I've got the feed in front of me, and the smoke cloud & debris left over doesn't look like it could kill or maim that many people.

I agree that death toll seems excessive, I don't know how populated the marathon was but I could see the 100 people injured range being close to accurate though. A lot of the feed I've seen on Twitter and other reporting news sites have claimed the dismemberment part you mentioned previously to be mostly true, though.

I hope any PC members living in Boston or in that area are all safe and their friends and family are as well.

Years
I heard that 12 people have died and over 100 are injured from this Twitter user but the event was literally like an hour ago and the story is still really early in development so we won't have any totals for a while...

The human body is incredibly fragile. A little bit of blood looks like a lot. The National Post has the death count at 2. I don't think anybody is doing any real reporting right now.

Years
The human body is incredibly fragile. A little bit of blood looks like a lot. The National Post has the death count at 2. I don't think anybody is doing any real reporting right now.
It would make sense for the area to be off limits right now. I've read that they've done a controlled explosion already. So the area is still dangerous, probably. No one who isn't part of the emergency response should be there for their own safety.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
According to The Guardian, the Boston Marathon has confirmed two explosions, 2 dead and two injured. Biden has called it "a bombing", and the city authorities have announced a press conference in 10 minutes.

A trusted Twitter list with reputed sources: https://twitter.com/katierogers/boston

AP talks of two unexploded artifacts being dismantled.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I can't believe how traumatized is the USA about terrorist attacks. I mean, it's more common than anything else. And expect more, because USA is world's most powerful country, it's no surprise these attacks occur.

Of course, it's a shame so many lives are put in danger, but if this were to be a real terrorist attack, I think it would've been more organized, or at least have a bigger target.

People, stop the paranoia and nausea, and think with an objective perspective before making any assumptions. That's all I have to say :/

Years
Damn it Biden, it's still too early for that! But it might just turn out to be a bombing. Maybe homegrown terrorism? Another misunderstood teenager?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
From I've what I'm reading it's only 2 dead and 23 injured. That seems a bit more reasonable at this time, but it's still pretty early to call. https://twitter.com/search?q=#tweetfromthebeat&src=hash

Still horrifying looking at these pictures and videos. I hope it's not a terrorist attack , but it looks rather serious to be an accident. Thoughts and prayers going out to the victims.

Years
Let's be a little more sure before we throw around the Terrorist label. It's not Al Qaeda. More than likely we have a domestic issue here, probably a lone wolf with major issues, a la Timothy McVeigh, the OKC Bomber.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Let's be a little more sure before we throw around the Terrorist label. It's not Al Qaeda. More than likely we have a domestic issue here, probably a lone wolf with major issues, a la Timothy McVeigh, the OKC Bomber.
Well, domestic terrorism then. Shouldn't be an Al Qaeda-exclusive term.

Apparently the fire department uncovered a third undetonated device.

Back