• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Riddles

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
This was on another forum but I'm going start one here:

Okay, so it's a basic riddle thread. Some one makes a riddle, some one else answers it and we all have fun. Sounds nice?

Guesser Rules:

1. Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. (Don't SPAM, FLAM or whatever else breaks the rules).

2. One guess at a time.

3. EVO rule is in effect (that means that if you guess the (pre-)evolution of the Pokemon from the riddle it will not be counted as correct, you must guess the actual Pokemon in question).

4. If you get it right you get a point.

5. I'll (try to) keep a tally of the score.

6. Emphasis on TRY

7. Anyone can join at anytime. (it just might get hard to catch up after a while
16x16_smiley-wink.gif
)

Riddle Writer's Rules:

1. Regular rules go for you too.

2. Only people who have already correctly guessed at least 5 riddles may post a riddle (this is to avoid bad riddles).

3. PLEASE ONLY ONE RIDDLE AT A TIME!!!! If you violate this your riddle will become null and void.

4. DO NOT BE VAGUE!!!! This just makes it frustrating for every one and it doesn't make you any smarter or everyone else really dumb. (To give an example of vagueness, if your riddle includes a clue that states it can learn a water, fire, ground and a poison type attack that's too vague).

5. Don't be direct. Yeah I know, it's confusing when I say don't be vague then I say don't be direct but it's true when it comes to riddles. Making a riddle is about misleading people so, just don't be too blunt.

6. After 7 incorrect guesses, you can post a hint if you want.

7. After 12 incorrect guesses, you can post a second hint or say the answer.

8. After 18 incorrect guesses, you can post a third hint or say the answer.

9. After 22 incorrect guesses, you must say the answer.

Everybody got that?

Ok, current riddle:

Spinning these things around and around.
They hardly ever touch the ground.
I may be a pain in your side.
For I steal the greener side.

Score board:
starlightmint72 - 5
darkpokeball - 1
fireworks - 1
FreakDude - 3
Scarf - 1
ビデオゲーム常用者 - 1
Impo - 1
poopnate - 1
lionrt60 - 2
smithtism - 1
gunnerpow7 - 1
Dratizard - 1
The Slice of Cheese - 1
miltankRancher - 1
mineox100 - 1

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Nope, please try again.

Also, after this post, I'm going to start waiting for a least three guesses before I confirm or deny the guesses.

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
Oooo I think I know who it is but I dunno the name :/...

Ok, it's not that, but I've come down to one Pokémon I can think of...

Is it possibly Castform? :P

Last edited:

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
Pretty sure one is Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja

Nincada digs and when it evolves it becomes 2 seperate evolutions...I could be wrong...

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Um, I guess the correct answer was kind of gotten um, you guys kind of got confused.

Okay, when I said "It refers to two different Pokemon." I didn't mean the riddle could descibe two different Pokemon but rather that one line would talk about one of the Pokemon and the next line would talk about the other.
If you don't get what I mean just look at my explaination:

In the beginning, I am called a lady.
Goldeen is nicknamed the "Water Queen".

By the end I am called a sir.
Seaking has King in it's name.

But I am always know as royalty.
Both King and Queen are Royal terms.

In the beginning I dance.
Goldeen often looks like it's dancing in the water.

By the end I dig.
Seaking bores into rcoks.

But I do both acts at different times of the year.
Goldeen tend to swim gracefully during mating season while Seaking bores into rocks during it's mating season. However, both of them have mating seasons during different times of the year.

In the beginning, I go up with the flowers.
Goldeen goes up stream in the Spring to mate.

By the end I go down with the leaves.
Seaking would go back down stream after it has done breeding in the fall (assuming, of course, that they don't die after breeding like Salmon do, which I hadn't thought of when I first made this riddle).

But in the end more beginnings will appear.
By the end of the mating seaon more Goldeens will be born (also, if you hadn't figured it out already, a begining in this riddle actually means Goldeen while a end really just means Seaking).

So, I'm giving a point to starlightmint72, even though she broke a rule and didn't get it entriely correct. Noramlly I wouldn't do this but you guys weren't quite getting it and I wanted to throw a bone since it's just the first riddle.

Anyways, next riddle:

I eat, I sleep and train all day,
I do this all while in a cave,
I'm tied up in almost every way.
Some say I'm bulky,
some say I'm gutsy,
but I am always very messy.

(From now on, the riddles I post will be just one Pokemon, unless I change my mind.)

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Okay, one point for Darkpokeball

Next Riddle:
I can be seen in blue or yellow but never in red.
I will really wrack your head.
My type is very puzzling as it is different from what is read.

Years
I can be seen in blue or yellow but never in red.
I will really wrack your head.
My type is very puzzling as it is different from what is read.

Pinsir?

Cant be found in Pokemon Red.
Has huge pincers on its head.
Its Red/Blue pokedex entry says: If it fails to crush the victim in its pincers, it will swing it around and toss it hard. This is usually something a Fighting type Pokemon would do, not a Bug Type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back