• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Sonic Game?

Bomberboy04

Mighty Metagross
Years
I've been wondering what the most popular Sonic game is.

Mine is personally SA2 Because of Shadow's storyline, and the gameplay is great.
I just really want to know what games rank highly across PC

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
My favorite is Sonic Adventure 2, which I have on my PS3 with the battle dlc.

I also like Sonic Heroes, although it's not nearly as fun SA2.
I love the searching levels with Rogue and Knuckles. :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
The first Sonic game I ever truly played in full (despite having some part-time exposure to Sonic on the Genesis) was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the GCN. So, there's some fondness for it even if I know there are some major flaws with it.

But, recently, I went on a quest to really understand Sonic. I went and played Sonic 1-3, CD, and Advance 1-3. As well as Generations.

I like 2 the best of the original trilogy, followed by 3 (which mostly I dislike for the graphics and music being too different from the first two games). From the Advance trilogy I like the first game. The two followups had too much of a reliance on speed boosters and springs. I was really really impressed with Generations though. That was a great game.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I've only played Colors, Heroes and all the GBA/DS ones, so I'm not some kind of authority on the series, but I would have to say Colors was my favorite. I loved what it did, and thankfully we at least got one excellent 3D sonic outta Sega.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've played all the main ones (and some spin offs) except Color and CD, but haven't finished all of them. However for the topic I will say this:

Sonic 2 is my favorite. No, this isn't nostalgia speaking, since I first played it on the DS. I played Sonic 1 and 3 as well, but they just never captured me like 2 did. Whenever I play them, I just keep coming back to 2. I don't know, always preferred the music and level design of 2.

Sonic Generations is close to it though, because both 2D Sonic and 3D Sonic (holy ****!) were great and fun to use, with some excellent level design and no annoying friends to play as. The game was just full on fanservice, and not the ****** kind we've been seeing for the past either. Loved this game, only bad part was the final boss and the short length. (And 2D planet wisp! ugh)

Everything else I hated though. Adventure, Adventure 2, Unleashed, Heroes, Shadow and especially 2006 just made me pull my hair off. Awful controls, awful level design (Adventure 2 actually nailed this though, if memory serves right. everything else no, aside from having Eggman as playable) and they all lack polish. 2006 is easily the worst game I have ever played, bar none.

I also liked Rush and Rush Adventure a lot, but can't say the same for Sonic Generations 3DS. I gotta give both Sonic Colors games a try some day.

This message has been deleted by Elendil. Reason: Not wasting 1000th post on Sonic.
haha

EDIT: I also feel the need to say that Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is really REALLY good. Though more of a SEGA game generally than an actual Sonic one, it deserves a mention. Up there with Mario Kart DS/7 and Crash Team Racing as my favorite kart racer of all time.

Last edited:

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Ummm. Its been awhile since I played sonic... I think Adventure was the one I played the most... So Im saying Sonic Adventure. Also I liked heroes...when I was a kid. Now I realise its huge faults.xD

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Mine is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. You know, the game you get when you plug the Sonic 3 cart in the Sonic & Knuckles cart (for those who don't know about the development history of Sonic 3, they were originally supposed to be the same huge game, but because of time and budget constraints, that game was split in two halves) .

Not only this game has a lot of zones, but the zones themselves are huge, the difficulty is just right, the physics are really good (*cough* Sonic 4 Episode 1*cough*) , and most of the music is awesome as well (I never liked Carnival Night Zone and Launch Base Zone music, to be honest) , and I love the idea of playing through a different story and altered (harder) levels with Knuckles. I honestly can tell that by now I know this game like the back of my hand.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Mine would have to be Sonic Adventures on the Sega Dreamcast. It had great graphics for its time, some great music, and Sonic and that robot guy had some really fun levels. The bosses were fun, and Big the Cat's levels were probably the only ones that weren't that great.

I also enjoyed Sonic 3 & Knuckles just because it combined Sonic 3 with Sonic & Knuckles to combine into one great game.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I've only played Sonic 1-3 on the Genesis and 360 ports, and Sonic Adventure for PC. Not really sure what's my favorite as I hated the first three Sonic games, and Adventure is something I loved playing as a kid, but probably won't like that much now.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Sonic CD. The 2011 remake just made it all the better. I used to like Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but I feel like I played that game to death, and even then, I feel like the game doesn't really feel like Sonic's world these days.

I haven't played Sonic the Hedgehog (1) in a long, long time, but I feel like I'm starting to appreciate it more. I really want to go back and play it again.

The only Sonic game I like beyond the Sega Saturn is Sonic Colors. I couldn't even get behind Generations, and I was super hyped about that game.

Years
Generations, Adventure 2 only for nostalgia. I try not to play Adventure 2 because each time I do I realise it's not that good a game. I haven't really played the original 2D games but I did enjoy the Classic levels on Generations.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
I haven't played many of the new Sonic games but was very fond of playing them on the Genesis back in the day. I have also purchased DL versions of some of the games on PS3 and the 360 (most recently playing Adventure 2, which I really love, actually). I do own the Sega collection which has a nice collection of the older Sonic games and some of the spin off like games (Spinball, for example) and I have enjoyed every moment I've spent playing them! I also really liked Sonic Heroes when I had it on my PS2. But, if I had to choose my ultimate favorite Sonic game, I would pick Sonic 3. It has been my favorite Sonic game since I was a kid. I don't think any other Sonic game could top it, but I would like to play Generations. :)

I do have to say that I always enjoyed the story behind Shadow, so I have tried to play games that have included him in them. Never got a chance to play his spinoff game though.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Generations comes comes close though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Pretty much Sonic Adventure 2 for Gamecube. Well, part of the reason is because I pretty much grew up with that game, playing those racing mini-games with some friends as well as trying to beat their fastest time upon completing a course. Of course, it wasn't the most perfect game, because sometimes did had some minor glitches with it, and well, at first, everything was pretty confusing to get through, but, I did warm up to it a lot more than the other Sonic Games.

Later on with the Sonic Games for Game Cube... I dunno, they just didn't feel the same, imo. Take Sonic for 2006. It had very good potential, but, honestly, I felt that it was pretty repetitive, and, of course the camera and controls were just very, very, awkward. If they had more time to fix that, then it could of been way up there in my favourite Sonic video games, but... yeah.

Years
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is easily my favorite Sonic game (and probably in my top 3 games of all time). It was one of, if not, the first video game I can ever remember playing, and I can't even begin to count how many hours I spent playing it. To this day, I still play through the whole thing about once a month, either on my DS or an emulator.

I also enjoyed S3&K and Generations (even if I haven't beaten it yet), but I don't think anything will surpass Sonic 2 in my eyes.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
Even though it was a spin-off really, I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog. There was a lot of variety in the way you could play, the branching paths of "Good, Neutral, and Evil". Most people didn't like Guns and Vehicles, but I enjoyed it, in a very niche way.

Lugia's Shadow

Guardian of the Sea
Years
Sonic Heroes.

My 1st sonic game I could actually remember playing (I used to have Sonic 2 on the original Genesis, but I was really young back then). I just liked the team thing, and the controls (while they were slippy, they were fun to use). Sonic 3 (and Knuckles) comes 2nd for me, as it just improved the Sonic we all know. Faster, stronger and..yeah.

Last edited:
Back