• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Swap out avatar thumbnails for the real thing

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
At the moment when avatars are resized by VB to make thumbnails for them they lose any transparency they might have had, uglying up profile pages.

All that would need to be done is a quick search for this in the memberinfo_block_ministats template:

Code:
$prepared[avatarurl]

and this in the memberinfo_visitormessage template:

Code:
$message[avatarurl]

(there is only one instance of each of them in each template)

and replace them both with this instead:

Code:
image.php?u=$prepared[userid]$avatarurl

and then finally, replace this in the memberinfo_tiny template:

Code:
$user[avatarurl]

(again, the only instance of it in the template)

with this:

Code:
image.php?u=$user[userid]$avatarurl

I have a feeling I've said something about this before though, years and years and years ago. I don't remember the response to it though, and I can't find the post, so feel free to refresh my memory if there was a good reason it wasn't done.

I do know that I had a different, messier and less thought out solution last time which could have been why.

tnfsf11

So these weird codes must be replaced by me? Or are you addressing the mods????
Anyway, I support this idea very much, mainly because of the transparency & the animation, like in my avatar...

Back