• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
"Before you say it, I'm not trying to be zel"

Introduction
Hey, I'm Linkandzelda, you've probably either heard very little about me or nothing at all...
Well anyways, I've been working on this project since march 07. It's a remake of crystal but yet adds a new experience to it. I'm not trying to copy zel so don't attempt to spam the thread with posts aimed at remakes or myself. I'm a determined guy so I won't give this hack up. My strong point is scripting and you'll see some interesting ones in Pokémon Liquid Crystal. Well Hope you enjoy my hack :)

The info
This is a Hack of Fire red
And is called "Liquid Crystal"

Owner: Linkandzelda
Co-Owner: Synyster_Zeikku

Features
GSball.gif
This obviously wont be a 100% accurate remake, it will have differences.

GSball.gif
New Rivals and other extra battles.

GSball.gif
A new berry system, allowing people to grow their own berries.

GSball.gif
New places and area's to roam and discover.

GSball.gif
New music.

GSball.gif
Johto worldmap

GSball.gif
Travel to the Orange Islands

Status
"Closing the thread for a while until sufficient hack progress has been made..."

Screens
Spoiler:

Trainer Request

NOTE: Trainer Request is officially closed. I will not be accepting any more requests from now on...

IF the request is accepted then I'll add your trainers name to the lis below:

Accepted And Inserted Trainers:
PKMN Trainer John
Ace Trainer Ian (not shiny)
Cooltrainer Monkey
Ace Trainer Mike
Cooltrainer Gabe
Cooltrainer Zach
Ace Trainer DGR

Accepted Not Inserted
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Ace Trainer Raqib12
PKMN Breeder Kaylee
Ace Trainer Matt
Psychic Darthalex
Cooltrainer Sotiris
Rain Dancer
Aurion
PKMN Trainer Xorath
Cooltrainer Evan
Ace Trainer Jake
Ace Trainer Tora
Ace Trainer Zekk
Ace Trainer Kesaru
Ace Trainer Orange
Ace Trainer Luke
Tamer Nani
Ace Breeder Spike
Ace Trainer Deadly
PKMN Trainer Wendy
Bug Catcher Marxvile
PKMN Trainer Illidan
PKMN Ranger
Abrian

To Review
Cooltrainer Shadow
PKMN Trainer Aaron
Eletist Dirk
Ace Trainer Killbeast
PKMN Trainer Valo
Cooltrainer Theo
?????? Gareth
Cooltrainer
Geoffrey
Fighting Champion Miguel
Ace Trainer Jake

Declined
Cooltrainer Missingno

Rules
1. opinions are welcome but comparisons are not allowed
2. Have fun :)

Banners

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149622/][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5c12238099.png[/img][/url]

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149622/][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/74c012b0be.png[/img][/url]

HTML:
[url=http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liquidcrystal2.png][IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3671/liquidcrystal2.png[/IMG][/url]
Untitled-22.png

userliquid.png

25ajifc.jpg

Fan Art

liquidcrystal.png

Credits to Bombah for this awsome art work. Keep it up dude :D

[/html]Awards
fu108n.png

hotmaprilm.png

Game Help

Stuck on the game? Then go to the new help thread created by Pokepal17. The thread can found here

Credits to Dirk123 for the following documents

Need to know where to find a certain Pokemon? Then Dirk123's Pokemon Locations FAQ is the place to look before asking. The post containing the .DOC file is here.

Dont feel like asking a question on the help thread? Why not check Dirk123's walkthrough before asking in this thread. This also includes a bug report for people to read BEFORE reporting a bug. The post containing the .DOC file can be found here.

Wondering when your Trade Evolution Pokemon will evolve? Check the special evolution post from Dirk123. It contains all the special evolutions. the post can be found here.

Credits
foullump - For helping me start to script
zel - For helping me script and letting me use his hero back sprites from the old SG
thethethethe - General help with problems.
JVG - fixing the title screen fantasticly.
shadowboy166 - fixing the male, female sprites in oak intro.
Ssyn, kid nino, megiddo and Horus - Beta testing
Keyrin - Battle Sprites
Don patch - Some Tiles
Marnaic - OW Boy Sprite
Spriters resource - Some More Tiles
CloneX- Music
Bombah - Some OW Sprites
Zeikku- Graphical work, Beta testing, plot and General support and comfort LOL! :)
AmineX - Doing some remixes for me
megiddo - Help with music remixing and looping some music
gridiron - Bag
PHO/Alistair - Lighthouse Tile and other tiles
Magnius: Using some of his excellent remixes and beta testing
~Teh Panda~: Some maps for the Orange Islands
Hackmew: For making excellent tools and helping mewith general problems
Someperson2008: Beta testing
Pokepal17: outdoor gym building, general help and solutions
Sergio: Orange islands first gym leader sprite
Coolboyman: Fixing the Evolution bug in Beta 2. Thank you so much dude :D

Downloads

Beta 1

The beta 1.0 is on a mirror only
Mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/avdsxj
This is the less buggy one i think.

Beta 1.1

Beta 1.1 Patch:
www.linkandzelda.info/lc.html
mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynalo9
this has a few bugs that stop the gameplay. if there are any then switch back to 1.0 and then back to 1.1

Length: Full Johto, 5 towns of Kanto.

Beta 2
Includes full Johto and Kanto.

LINKS REMOVED

Beta 2.1
Includes full johto and kanto and up to the first gym battle in the Orange Islands
.UPS
http://www.sendspace.com/file/91574n

.IPS
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cmextz

UPS Patchers

Patchers for windows, linux and mac

UPS patcher:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b8tykl

Last edited:

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Great Job, Nice to see another Remake that has the potential to be finished!

Keep up the good work!

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I'm impressed with the overworld and the new tiles, I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Yo you´re copying Zel... XD, jk.

Great to see the thread up.
I like the screens and your ideas, but you could explain them a little more (like the Berry growing thing)

And, I don´t know, but is "A new places and area's to roam and discover." correct?

Good luck and HF,
Bombah!

EDIT: What about Userbars?? I want one^^

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Great Job, Nice to see another Remake that has the potential to be finished!

Keep up the good work!
co-owner here, :)
Thanks, link has been working on this solid for ages, I wake up everyday to discover he's been staying up till 5 with this hack o.O, he's become nocturnal! I've been helping link on this for about 5-6 months.
Well, we have Johto pretty much done (mapping and scripting)
I'm SURE it'll get finished ;)

Yo you´re copying Zel... XD, jk.

Great to see the thread up.
I like the screens and your ideas, but you could explain them a little more (like the Berry growing thing)

And, I don´t know, but is "A new places and area's to roam and discover." correct?

Good luck and HF,
Bombah!

EDIT: What about Userbars?? I want one^^
Basically the berry system is an idea we got of R/S/E, you plant your berrys and they'll grow eventually.
We'll be adding new area's into this hack just to give it our own piece of originality
Lol I could try and get userbars made, or make em' myself..

Can you change Silver's OW sprite? He looks like a girl.

Yeah we changed that yesterday :)

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
Years
Cool to see a good crystal remake :)
No offense but I don't like the berry tree. It looks like a carpet....

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I'm not really liking the graphics these days, they don't have a balance.
It will only look good if you change all the tiles. Plus the trees don't look that nice :( Also, the zelda tiles only go good with taller trees. I liked the graphics better when they werent changed to extremes.

But your scripting is going well, I know that, so that will be a strong point.
Good luck getting everything working together.

linkandzelda

Years
Cool to see a good crystal remake :)
No offense but I don't like the berry tree. It looks like a carpet....

Were thinking of doing our own one which is different to GSC and RSE.

I'm not really liking the graphics these days, they don't have a balance.
It will only look good if you change all the tiles. Plus the trees don't look that nice :( Also, the zelda tiles only go good with taller trees. I liked the graphics better when they werent changed to extremes.

But your scripting is going well, I know that, so that will be a strong point.
Good luck getting everything working together.

Well. We spent ages finding a combination of tiles that look good (In our opinion) so It's unlikely that we will change them any time soon. We are planning some new building tiles though so look forward to them.

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Im working on this as im posting so keep an eye out for some updates.
link

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2008
hey when are you releasing a beta ???? ur gam looks awsome, hey make it better than sg .
best of luck

linkandzelda

Years
wow looks good maybe it could b better than shiny gold but you have still got a long way anyway good luck and can i be a beta tester please

Thanks. I've already completed the whole JOHTO so all thats left is KANTO and (not telling). I'm afraid that all the beta testing places are filled. If one drops out then your next on the list ok :).

hey when are you releasing a beta ???? ur gam looks awsome, hey make it better than sg .
best of luck

I don't give release dates because it puts pressure on me and I can't work butwere hoping for a release sometime this month. were not competing with SG so were not going to deliberatly try to make it better. If it happens too get better then it happens.

I hope you finished this hack...

good luck

Thanks.
Were not quiters so you can count on us :)

link

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
So far it's looking nice, a few things that I didnt like are the tiles for the green ground (I have the impression that I'll become an eye killer after a while), and the green path (but, usually, I never really liked any of the green paths on the games, even my own) Also, I dont seem to understand what you replaced the flames in the titlescreen with, I guess that part would need a bit more of work.

I'm intrigued with what Zeikku said "they'll grow eventually", I'm wondering how that is gonna be implemented. Well, no need to explain it yet, anyway :P

The world map looks fine. It's a very complete hack if you ask me, having many aspects already changed. I hope to see more screens about scripts, of course! Good luck!

linkandzelda

Years
So far it's looking nice, a few things that I didnt like are the tiles for the green ground (I have the impression that I'll become an eye killer after a while), and the green path (but, usually, I never really liked any of the green paths on the games, even my own) Also, I dont seem to understand what you replaced the flames in the titlescreen with, I guess that part would need a bit more of work.

I'm intrigued with what Zeikku said "they'll grow eventually", I'm wondering how that is gonna be implemented. Well, no need to explain it yet, anyway :P

The world map looks fine. It's a very complete hack if you ask me, having many aspects already changed. I hope to see more screens about scripts, of course! Good luck!

Good to see a post from you zel.
about the tiles. Its possible that we might change them or perhaps do some pallete magic :) I agree with you about the green path i never truly liked it much but i think the palletes are linked so i cant do much about it.

the flames in the title screen are bubbles that go up and pop. they look abit rough but i think there ok when there moving.

about the berrys. There already complete and fully working exept i havent finished implementing them all yet as each tree requires a minimum of 25 flags :surprised:.

I am digging the hack so far, but my main problem is that the trainer card sprite for gold looks a little weird.

I think its a revamp of the old original GOLD. We could redo it i supose.

link

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
link, have are you gonna put in the day and night sytem in. also will you include phone booths or something simlier to that.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
link, have are you gonna pput in the day and night sytem in. also will you include phone booths or something simlier to that.

Day and nigth will nor be in at the momment. I was working on a sort of day and nigth but it wasnt real time and it wasnt able to be set.

I havnt really thought much about the phone system. I never used it in GSC so at the momment i dont think i'll implement it. I will still do the rematching traienrs somhow though. If people REALLY want it and REALLY cant live without it then i might reconsider but i think it would be nicer to think of a more uniqe alternitive.

link

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hey LaZ!
This hack is looking great!
I love your work!
I hope the scripts are great too!
Another G/S/C that looks promising!
Good luck with this!