• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

just a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Not sure if this goes in plot bunny but here it goes:

I'm writing this story in where Mars saves Saturn. However, in my Poke-verse (since I am using the games, I don't really pay attention to the anime), ever since that incident with Cyrus disappearing, Saturn has become very... protective of Mars.Because he's a boss now, he gets to decide who does what on this newly reformed team and lets just say that he won't really let Mars do anything because he's paranoid. How can I portray someone who is that protected to set out on a dangerous mission (such as the one I'm putting her in now. She has to chase down the evil team, which I made them up, and save Saturn), in which Saturn wouldn't feel comfortable with her doing, to be endearing and relatable to the reader?

I do like protective romantic relationships (and I'd like to be allowed to write them), but I also want to make the character endearing and having willpower...

Crux

Evermore
Years
You could always just have her uncertain about her new mission, maybe she contemplated not going even, and to have her grow as the story progresses. An example of this sort of character type would be Miyazaki's Spirited Away, with Chihiro/Sen. Doing this sort of thing allows both for a nice sideline to the story, and for readers to be able to connect more with her as they watch her grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back