• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Small Writing Competition
2014 GT
Judged by bobandbill, Nolafus, and Bay Alexison

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the three judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules

1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are bobandbill, Nolafus, and Bay Alexison. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until 11:59 pm EST, July 11th to get your entry in.
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring

Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is rivals/rivalry, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Emblems
First Prize
Writing%20competition%201st%20place%20emblem.jpg

Second Prize
Writing%20competition%202nd%20place%20emblem.jpg

Participant
[TBA!]

Entrants:
Mega Venusaur
Aisu
Logical Cabbage
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
icomeanon6
countryemo
solovino

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I think this is the first time I saw the prompt and came up with an idea in literally seconds. o_o

So yeah, I'm totally doing this! I've seen lots of new writers around the FF&W forum, so I'm hoping to see lots of entries this year!

Happy writing, folks!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Considering I blog a lot, I might as well take a shot at this. It's been awhile since I've created my own, unique story, but it sounds like a blast! Count me in! Hopefully this gets a pretty good turn out.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Hmm... I actually wanted since 2 months start to write on a fan fiction, that I could post then on here but this might as well my first one, giving it my best shot, let's see how good that one is.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Is there a minimum amount of characters we can use?
No. Of course, entries that are just way too short to effectively tell any story won't score well. But given this is a small writing competition don't feel the need to make it 'long enough' - just go with however long it takes to tell the story.

Given I was already asked via VM, a tentative maximum guideline of 10-15 pages is set, but you can go over that. We just will have more to read and hence judging will take longer. =p

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
I might as well join. The thing I've wanted to write a fanfiction about for ages (but could never be bothered) links in with this topic. Well, partly. Would the evil teams count as rivals?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Depends on how you use them! They certainly could, but it does depend on what the story is about and what happens in it. That may be an unhelpful answer, but then I can't be helping you when I'm also judging entries. =p

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Assignments can wait right?
Yes! That's the spirit!

For people worried about writing a complete story in the time available, my advice is to think carefully about the scope of your story. Unless you're Cutlerine and can write a novella in one day and a novel in two, I'd suggest taking a small idea and fleshing it out instead of taking a big idea and abbreviating it.

Years
I find the 10-15 limit a bit disconcerting for such a small time period.
With my time constraints and tendency to develop writers block it will be a real struggle for me to write that much given I have to stick to a theme. :/

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I find the 10-15 limit a bit disconcerting for such a small time period.
With my time constraints and tendency to develop writers block it will be a real struggle for me to write that much given I have to stick to a theme. :/
Let's make this super clear: There is no page or character limit, neither minimum nor maximum. Make your story as long as your story needs to be. What b&b was saying with 10-15 pages is that if your entry is longer than 10-15 pages the judges might be annoyed with the length. If you can tell the story you want to tell in 1 page, that's perfectly fine. All you need is a beginning, middle, and end. (Try to go longer than 1 page, though. It's hard to tell a good story in that little space.)
Aisu said:
Aisu is in. So everyone, back up, because the winner is before your eyes. Cool as ice.
Oh ho, I do believe this is the first trash-talk of the event!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I might join in. Still not sure. This week I have a work travel, some meeternity stuff, and am hosting a stand on an event.

Though I could use meeternity and stand time to write for the story. After all, clients who paid to install Windows instead of doing what I told them to do deserve to wait, right?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I would just like to wish everyone good luck and I hope to see a lot of stories come judging time! I'm looking forward to reading what you people have come up with.

Cool as ice.
Your avatar suggests a more fiery approach, like lava or Magcargo's body temperature.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'm not sure if I'm going to do this or not (dependent on time) but I'm gonna see if I can come up with something.

Back