• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon The Beginning

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
Update: July 20, 2008 - Fixed the age error. Thanks Wichu for pointing it out. Added Credits So far. Formatted Post better

Pokémon: The Beginning

Program: Rpg Maker XP

Sections:
Introduction
Story
Characters
Maps and Regions
Credits
Features
Screen Shots
Progress
Recuitment

[a id]Introduction:
My name is JR. Ive been messing around with rpg maker xp for quite some time. So I finally decided to start a game. And here it is. It is called Pokemon: The Beginning. Why Well because i haven't really seen anything pertaining of how pokemon have come to be in the world. So this is what Pokemon: The Beginning will do.
This takes place 20 years before the anime or the games. When Pokémon are first discovered in the world. Pokémon have just been discovered. [/a id]

[a id]Story:

When the meteor hit the atmosphere it broke into many pieces. Some pieces landed in the Kanto region, some in the Johto, Hoenn, and the Sinnoh Region. A lot of the pieces made new lakes, mountains, and volcanoes. The lakes have caves in them that make up the chunk of meteor that is underneath the water. These caves have become known as Ancient Temples to certain Pokémon.

After a meteor hit the Kanto region Pokémon started to spring up all over. Different Pokémon have been reported from all over the different regions. Scientists set out to find out all they could about these new creatures. Few years later they learned how to capture them. The first scientist to capture one was professor Orb. He found some type of tablet, find in an ancient part of the meteor, that explained on how to make a ball that would hold the Pokémon.

After a few months, people started to use Pokémon for contests and other things. Soon the Official Pokémon League was born. They went to every town and found the top three trainers. Then they competed to become the gym leader.

Not soon after the Official Pokémon League was born, that teams where form. Some were made for fun and kids others were made to be cruel and evil to Pokémon and humans alike.

You have just turned 18 and you just lost your part time job at the PokéMart in Viridian City. You get your savings and head out to Pallet town. On your way you find an Egg. Not knowing what it is you go to the local Pokémon Professor. He asks for you to leave it there so he can study it till it hatches. And he gives you one his three remaining pokemon he has.[/a id]

Characters:

Kanto Region.

Player – This is you. You can name your character whatever you want. You have just turned 18. You lost your job at a PokéMart. So you decide to move to Pallet town and start your own Pokémon adventure. So you get all your savings and move to Pallet Town. On your way to Pallet town you find an egg. Not knowing what it contains you go and see Professor Orb after reaching Pallet town. You leave it with him and you start your adventure. Later you get a call from him saying its about to hatch and you rush back and see it hatch.

Professor Orb – One of the first Pokémon Professors there is. He is studying Pokémon when you become of age for your very own Pokémon adventure. He is the Pokémon Professor in Pallet town where young trainers come and start their own Pokémon adventure.

Rival - Well neither be in the beta nor the first public release. Your rival is your neighbor. He/she is younger than you. The name is preset and you can't change it.

Team Rocket – They will be introduced in the second release. I haven't decided if I will put them in early. If I do you will see them very fast within the story. You will be given an opportunity to join them after certain battles.
Police – The law keepers. There will be a list on how the police and law work. Once implemented you will need to watch what you do. After your wanted/infamy level reach a certain level you will be arrested and sent to jail.

Johto Region

Player – This is you. After you finished in Kanto you decided to move to New Bark Town. The down side is you're not able to bring your current Pokémon with you. Pissed off about this you talk to Professor Orb.

Professor Hunter – This is Professors' Orb helper. Professor Orb has taught him all he knows. Too bad he and Professor Orb didn't see eye to eye. He left and moved to New Bark town in Johto.

Rival – Again not sure if it will be in the first public release or not. Depends on time and how big the game is. He will be older than you this time.

Team Rocket – They will be introduced in the second release. I haven't decided if I will put them in early. If I do you will see them very fast within the story. You will be given an opportunity to join them after certain battles.

Maps & Regions

Kanto and Johto are confirmed to be in the game.

The original towns and cities and routes are in the game but look different.

Example: So pallet town is more than just 2 houses and the lab.

Hoenn and Sinnoh Information!

Hoenn and Sinnoh will be a completely different game. It will be called Pokémon: The Middle (title will be fixed when I think of a better name. For right now for purposes I don't feel like explaining to you all it's known as Pokémon: The Middle. As like Kanto and Johto these two regions won't resemble the originals from the games or movies or shows.

Credit:
Poccil - Pokemon Start Kit.
Spriters-Resource - Pokemon Logo for Title

Planned Features:

1. Over 100 TM
  2. New HM's and The Original

In game Screen Shots

1.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg
charmander.jpg

Mods/Admins I'm sorry if the screen shots are to big. I didnt see any size restrictions. If they are feel free to edit them accordingly.

Progress
Kanto
Cities - 20%
Routes - 7%
Gyms - 2%
Story Added - 1%

Recuitment

1 Spriter - help sprite the sprites i need. - To apply you need at least 3 examples of your work.

1 Scripter - Produce the scripts we will need for the game. - To apply need at least 2 scripts or do one of the scripts needed for the project. (pm me for a list and details of what we need)

1 Mapper - Will help me map the maps. To apply you need at least 3 maps or 2 projects you have worked on in the past 2 months.

For all positions please pm me. Thanks alot for the help!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
What age is the hero? First you said 18, then 20. But the actual sprite looks more 10-ish. And isn't the Pokémon "coming of age" age supposed to be 10?

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
Years
dunno if this is priority to you but you are having a lot of graphic bugs. but if the scripting part goes first i can understand. and it would be better if you put youre screenshots under ech other just put the links on diferent lines.

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
just a tip but you dont need to write POKEBALL: before each line when selecting your first pokemon

crzyone9584

Years
bjorn130 - I haven't figured out how to fix that yet. I'm going to be working on the graphical bugs first. graphical is actually the priority. I can always update the game scripts and update the game later. The reason why i have so many errors is that when you work on your work and look at it everyday for weeks you start to see it and then forget about it and thing it right. if you could point out what flaws you see that would be great. Ok again thanks for the great comments. So instead of three in a row put the whole 12 in a straight line down the page. If i understand you correctly. I would've used the spoiler tags but i couldn't find them.

Shikamaru88 - thanks for the tip. Ill edit it for the next update and update the pictures so they don't look so weird.

Wichu - Thanks for the heads up on the age difference. It suppose to be 18. Unfortunately I'm not good with editing or making my own sprites so i though id use the original for now work on the small details later after i have the first demo out. Yes the becoming of the age to become a trainer is like 10 in the shows and very young also in the games. If you refer your self to the first couple lines of the first post it says it is about 20 years before the games and the show. There for there is no standards set yet for "becoming of age trainer"

Thank you all for the great input. Ill have another update very soon. Once I get another 2 or 3 towns I will add a video of the game without the story so I don't ruin it.

Last edited:

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
Years
look here is the problem. i'm not so good wit graphic either but i can point some things out.

screen 1: no bugs just make the titel a bit diferent and it will look nice.
screen 2: don't put the pokeball: there it looks like the pokeball can talk O__o
screen 3: no bugs
screen 4: no bugs
screen 5: you puted in the wrong trigger be sure you need to look at the lady to talk. because its verry strange like that. if you can't figure it out i can help with that.
screen 6: same as 5
screen 7: the grass comes over the pat try using you're layers better or find some other tiles.
screen 8: no bugs
screen 9: no bugs
screen 10: same as screen 2
screen 11: same as screen 2
screen 12: no bugs

hope this is helpfull.

crzyone9584

Years
look here is the problem. i'm not so good wit graphic either but i can point some things out.

screen 1: no bugs just make the titel a bit diferent and it will look nice.
screen 2: don't put the pokeball: there it looks like the pokeball can talk O__o
screen 3: no bugs
screen 4: no bugs
screen 5: you puted in the wrong trigger be sure you need to look at the lady to talk. because its verry strange like that. if you can't figure it out i can help with that.
screen 6: same as 5
screen 7: the grass comes over the pat try using you're layers better or find some other tiles.
screen 8: no bugs
screen 9: no bugs
screen 10: same as screen 2
screen 11: same as screen 2
screen 12: no bugs

hope this is helpfull.

screen 2/10/11 thanks for the advice. it will be gone and i will update the post.

screen5 was fixed last night. Thanks though for pointing out the error.

screen 7 the grass tiles cover the trail/road tiles no matter layer. I will prolly need need new grass tiles so it doesn't look so wierd

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
Years
ok i think its a peace of cake for designers to do that so i think somebody will help you pretty fast. if you need any more help just ask ok ;)

crzyone9584

Years
ok i think its a peace of cake for designers to do that so i think somebody will help you pretty fast. if you need any more help just ask ok ;)

the major thing im looking for is scripters and spriters. i can do the mapping and events. so if you could do any of those i could use ya.

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
Years
well i'm not looking to team up... (because of my own game...) but i can be a sort of advicer if you want me to. and specially for u i'll make u a banner.

Last edited:

crzyone9584

Years
thanks alot for the help. Any advice you give will be taken to be added to lists of advice i get and bew looked at and took into consideration

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Wichu - Thanks for the heads up on the age difference. It suppose to be 18. Unfortunately I'm not good with editing or making my own sprites so i though id use the original for now work on the small details later after i have the first demo out. Yes the becoming of the age to become a trainer is like 10 in the shows and very young also in the games. If you refer your self to the first couple lines of the first post it says it is about 20 years before the games and the show. There for there is no standards set yet for "becoming of age trainer".
I know this is way in the beginning of the posts, but I feel like responding to it. Cryzy mentions that Pokemon have been recently discovered in the story so wouldn't people older then 10 would want to become trainers? The character also doesn't look 18 which you have to be about in order to get a job. So my opinion is to replace the PokeMart event with something more suitable.

crzyone9584

Years
I know this is way in the beginning of the posts, but I feel like responding to it. Cryzy mentions that Pokemon have been recently discovered in the story so wouldn't people older then 10 would want to become trainers? The character also doesn't look 18 which you have to be about in order to get a job. So my opinion is to replace the PokeMart event with something more suitable.

Thanks for the idea. BUt im sticking witht he pokemart idea. all i need is to get a sprite which looks a little bit older. Which I am working on.

crzyone9584

Years
Ok so here is what is happening. MY laptops hard drive took a big dumb. I had to buy anew one. Unforuntally im still in the process of trying to salvage it. Even the littlest thing will help. But it doesnt look good. IF i'm unable to get any of my game files then the game it self will be reworked more of a Game Document will be formed before the remake of the game. Till then sorry for the delay.

Back