• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Mint Fantasy [Demo Released!]

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

title8_by_piacarrot-d8yuwvr.png

Pokémon Mint
Made in RPG Maker XP
By Pia Carrot

Intro:
Welcome to the Pokémon Mint thread!

Pokémon Mint is a game I've been working on for a long time now, about four years actually. It's been through several storyline changes and features, some of the prominent ones being Diagonal Movement, Mega Evolution, and a nostalgic vibe that everyone can enjoy.

The game takes a lot of inspiration from several games: Pokémon, Zelda, Oldschool RuneScape, and Fable: The Lost Chapters.

In this 2015 version, expect it to be the final draft. Lots of great features have been added, and with the new storyline changes, I am proud to call this my fangame, and I could not have done it alone. I hope you all enjoy the experience that is Pokémon Mint.

Once Mint is finished I will release a stripped version of it for developers to make their own full Pokémon games in the gen 2 style. All releases are unencrypted so you may use it as you please, with credits.

Storyline:​

Welcome to the land of TRUJON! Play as MINA, the ace student of the LAMAERE ACADEMY, as you go on an adventure to collect badges, catch POKéMON, raise SKILLS, defeat villains, face the ELITE FOUR, join the regional mafia, and much more!

Plots begin to thicken in the land of TRUJON, as search for the legendary and mysterious GELTIA ISLAND begins to rise. TEAM ROCKET has infiltrated the region in search of the secret power the GELTIANS held, and the mafia of ORIN LAKE CITY isn't very happy about it.

MINA begins her adventure in her hometown of PATSU VILLAGE, on her graduation day. After submitting an exam, she receives her starting POKéMON and her essentials before setting off on her journey.

Features:
  • Diagonal Walking
  • Reputation System, which allows for perks such as Auction House entry
  • All 721 POKéMON are in the POKéDEX (Note, not all may be available)
  • A total of 18 different starter POKéMON to choose from
  • KALOS as a second region
  • Collectathons (Manuscripts, Map Pieces and more!)
  • Fairy Type
  • Mega Evolution (Press Z in battle while holding a Mega Stone)
  • Nuzlocke Mode
  • Four Skills: Archaeology, Mining, Woodcutting, and Lockpicking
  • Difficult Endgame Content
  • Tileset-based Day/Night System

Screenshots:

Mega Evolution
NYaTnRr.png

gfUfaZn.png

3uQCO9y.png

OxagGfI.png

dinSoyp.png

Qy32WRS.png

YcKpByH.png

l3Qwgo9.png

iAvgQEp.png

Xx8iQ8t.png

f1Mvlsu.png

AAWMm8p.png

Downloads:​

Bugs (We hate these!):​
  • Diagonal doesn't work after Continuing your save (Fix is by opening Save menu and pressing "No")
  • Some animations play oddly or are in the top left corner of the screen.
  • While walking diagonally, encounters can stack, and trainers that spot you may behave oddly (doesn't break the game but may cause annoyance)

Credits and Thanks:​

Poccil
Maruno
Sukiyami
COMBOY
ML
FL
Paradog
All that have contributed to POKéMON Essentials

BynineB
Chaoxys
Chris2Balls
ClawedNyasu
com3tiin
DarioEMeloD
Dragonball253
Fenneking
Frostpabble
Game Freak
Gors
Linnie
maarten
mutantyoshi
Neslug
NICKtendo DS
Perseus
Pia Carrot
Ploaj
Seiyouh
RenaTurnip
Solink
Solo993
Speed-X
Thor
Vic
IslandWalker of Bulbagarden (don't even know if you're still around man xD)
Poketto
Whack a Hack XY Devamp Dex Contributors

Special thanks to:
Elaynii
Linkandzelda
Mateo
Cilerba
Sera
and last and most definitely least, Catman​
Skill System and other misc. things explained:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
So this is the project you were going on about :P

I never got up to the point with Yellow in Pokemon Adventures, but this game looks really impressive so far (I could learn something from you)

My only comment so far is that the Darkrai sprite looks a bit odd. His posing just seems awkward and it doesn't give off a good silhouette, but I'm not sure if you made that sprite.

Mapping wise, the one where Darkrai says "wrong one!" kind of stands out as the weakest because there is a lot of open space, and it looks a little too repetitive and bare. Maybe add some variation with the book cases (I think GSC has plenty of different types) to vary it a little.

I'm going to try your demo soon. By the way, do you need help with changing the text of the battle screen? I've done it before with my project and I can show you where to edit the text.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yes I would appreciate that! I couldn't find that bit of code anywhere!

Also the Darkrai sprite is made by an old friend of mine. That room is gonna be remapped but for now it's simple...

BTW a facebook friend pointed out a glitch for me. THe cave does not have an exit warp so you cannot get out after you beat Nosferatu, sorry about that I'll fix it ASAP.

EDIT:
mintdivescreen.png

Mini update.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Haha, I was just about to mention the cave glitch ...
anyway it all seems good, a very nicely planned story and very nice maps ...
Good Luck! :D

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
thanks! I'm working on another project along with this one, so I don't get bored. So far I've mapped up to Loris Town, with almost no eventing.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I shall download it :3 I enjoyed 1.1, except fro the cave glitch... (which i hope to dear god is fixed!!)

EDIT (done aafter playing):
Oh good :3 The cave is fixed ... but! How am I suppose to defeat that weird guy with a 'n' on his head, when ChuChu doesn't know any decent moves -3-
So, I lost ... ending up in Elder's home, but the script from defeating him i think plays, and the game freezes. :/
Can ya fix it? This is a good game I really wanna keep going...

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yeah I gotta fix that (damn you Scythe!) TO beat him you need to catch a Pokémon from Tranquil Grove and grind its level. This game is very hard if you only use Chuchu (almost impossible). I'm also gonna make it so you can buy Thunderbolt in the shops, and Chuchu will know Thundershock. I won't have another update till the 9th, but expect great things.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
A pikachu knows thundershock from level 5 ... and I didn't think of pokemon ... No-one said i could catch any like they do in the officials.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Well it's not an official, or is it meant to be like one. Yellow is already supposed to be an experienced trainer, and this game is based off the traditional JRPG system where you figured things out on your own.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Update, update, read all about it (please)...

I know I said I wouldn't be updating till January but, I have given CHuchu a completely new Moveset, from level 1-36, still working on it. This way Chuchu will know some (badass) moves from start to finish to depict how much of a main character she is.

Anyone know how to disable putting a certain Pokémon in the PC? My theory is that I would have to define Chuchu as another kind of Pokémon in its own. I can script RGSS but Essentials really is a piece of work -_-

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Update, update, read all about it (please)...

I know I said I wouldn't be updating till January but, I have given CHuchu a completely new Moveset, from level 1-36, still working on it. This way Chuchu will know some (badass) moves from start to finish to depict how much of a main character she is.

Anyone know how to disable putting a certain Pokémon in the PC? My theory is that I would have to define Chuchu as another kind of Pokémon in its own. I can script RGSS but Essentials really is a piece of work -_-
Yeah please do. I dislike the fact that Chuchu has no STAB move from the start. D:

For your question, I recommend get Maruno's help in the Essentials thread. He's pretty much the guy who's working with the tool at the moment.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yeah please do. I dislike the fact that Chuchu has no STAB move from the start. D:

For your question, I recommend get Maruno's help in the Essentials thread. He's pretty much the guy who's working with the tool at the moment.

That's what I thought I should do, but the guy seems pretty busy himself, and I don't want to burden him with more coding.

I decided that Yellow is gonna start off with her 6-pokemon team from the manga being:

Ratty Dody Gravvy Omny Kitty Chuchu Stole this from Bulbapedia 0_0

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I like the idea of her starting off with that party, or maybe just two of them and have the rest scattered across Darkrai's world... Like when Darkrai puts Yellow in a coma, he also divides her Pokemon to keep her powerless, so that the point of the game will be partly centered around becoming stronger (by recovering your team). It might ruin the concept of catching your own team of pokemon, but from what I've played so far, this feels more like a story-oriented as oppose to the typical "catch-em-all" games. It's just a thought.

In addition, I want to point out a major bug I found with your latest demo. In the battle against the temporary sprite person (I didn't pay attention to his name :P), I lost horribly to his Sableye because I had no attack moves that were not Normal type (this is why I like the idea of changing the movepool >_>). After the loss, I was transported to the PokeCenter, then I was taken to a cutscene where the guy was defeated... What? And after the monologue was finished, the game completely froze.

You need to add a conditional branch within your event that determines what happens when the player loses the battle.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I like the idea of her starting off with that party, or maybe just two of them and have the rest scattered across Darkrai's world... Like when Darkrai puts Yellow in a coma, he also divides her Pokemon to keep her powerless, so that the point of the game will be partly centered around becoming stronger (by recovering your team). It might ruin the concept of catching your own team of pokemon, but from what I've played so far, this feels more like a story-oriented as oppose to the typical "catch-em-all" games. It's just a thought.

In addition, I want to point out a major bug I found with your latest demo. In the battle against the temporary sprite person (I didn't pay attention to his name :P), I lost horribly to his Sableye because I had no attack moves that were not Normal type (this is why I like the idea of changing the movepool >_>). After the loss, I was transported to the PokeCenter, then I was taken to a cutscene where the guy was defeated... What? And after the monologue was finished, the game completely froze.

You need to add a conditional branch within your event that determines what happens when the player loses the battle.

I noticed the Scythe glitch T__T and since then I have fixed it. I like the idea about Darkrai scattering your Pokémon, will definitely do that. I'm planning on switched Sableye for something else, perhaps Houndour?

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I just finished reading Yellow :)
So this is nice to see :D
I like how your game uses GSC graphics instead of the "boring" new graphics :p

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks khkramer! I have been writing a few Ideas simply because the intro obviously needs work (I'm thinking miniquest in the Diglett Tunnel :P)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hah, kingdom hearts music nice!

That intro sequence is a mind***k. I like the storyline, very unique.
keep it up.

Back