• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Fifth Pillar

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
theadborder.png
Introduction.png
theadborder.png
Storyline.png
theadborder.png
screenshots.png
theadborder.png
LUKEPokedex.png
theadborder.png
LUKE%20BENEVOLUNT.png
theadborder.png
Features.png
theadborder.png
Characters.png
theadborder.png
theadborder.png
Credits.png
theadborder.png
LUKEheader.png
[a id]Introduction[/a id]Introduction

This is my fan game that I have been working on since Ruby/Sapphire came out. It is a culmination of ideas I've had that have come together in one game. It possesses aspects of different games within the RPG genre: magic, intrigue, and Pokémon of course! I never plan on truly giving up and I hope you all stick around to see it completed with me.​

[a id]Storyline[/a id]Storyline

Photoon2011-11-06at1526.jpg

Kulema, aka the Land of the Dead, is a mystical land full of Pokémon and witches. People believe the Great Tree of Yggdra, which stands tall in Western Kulema, is a staircase to Heaven. Because of this, people from all over the world have sent their dead to be buried in Kulema. This is why you can't find multiple graveyards all around Kulema. Yggdra is also the reason why magic permeates so strongly within the residents of the continent. Every morning, the branches on the Tree shake violently and release a potent dew into the air. This dew lands on the crops people eat, into the water people drink and into the air that the people breathe. By consuming enough of this dew, a person can obtain a certain degree of magical abilities. After a while, these abilities can become permanent. Kulemans are constantly pursuing new uses for the dew. They have discovered altering the composition of the dew can have an impact on the Pokémon they possess.

This constant pursuit for strength and magic is the catalyst for the story of the Fifth Pillar...

It is stated in the legends of the Kulema that Arceus created four powerful humans and placed them on what is now called Kulema. He gave them one seed and told them to plant it where the spirits of the island told them to. They traveled to the north and found a vast plain to plant the seed in. For hundreds of years they nurtured the tree that grew from the seed into a healthy plant. But their obsession with the tree grew and they wanted to see it grow more. So using their latent magical abilities, they augmented the tree and soon it towered over even the tallest mountains on the continent. Arceus, angered at this grandiose showing of power, struck the tree with a great lightning bolt. Not wanting to see their "child" burned to the ground, the four guardians gave up their souls to the tree and protected it from harm - even from the creator of the world itself. So to this day the dew that comes from the tree is said to be the tears of those four beings who gave up their immortality to protect the tree. Eight massive roots soon emerged from the ground around the entire island, connecting the tree to every corner of Kulema. The eight roots are said to represent the dual natures of each of guardians: the good and the bad.

But now someone is trying to destroy this tree that provides so much for the people of Kulema. It was discovered that one of the roots had been savagely destroyed by someone. Fear has spread rapidly about what could happen to the tree if all of its roots are destroyed. Will magic disappear? Will the tree die and collapse, leaving the continent without its most treasured landmark? And what exactly does the person behind the destruction hope to accomplish by destroying the roots?

7qI59.png

But you, the hero, haven't had much contact with these legends. You live in Hugin Town, a small settlement in the Northeast. Your family and the rest of the residents are relative newcomers to Kulema. A hundred years before, the founders of the town moved here to found an aviary breeding center in peace. They brought with them two species not native to the island: Mandibuzz and Braviary. Here they bred the birds in seclusion, using an old abandoned lighthouse as their breeding center. And your family is the direct descendant of these original breeders. And it is tradition that at the age of twelve, they begin to learn the ins and outs of the species in hopes of continuing on the tradition of breeding these rare and majestic birds.

So you set out with a newborn bird of your choice (Vullaby or Rufflet) to train it and better understand the species. But as you journey, you get wrapped up in the plot behind the burning of the tree. And you discover there's something more to your descendant's reasoning on moving to Kulema...

Places of Kulema
Mugin Town
Route 1
Hugin Lake
Legre Town
Route 2
Asgarde Forest
Asgarde City
Usala Mines
Route 3
Route 4
Heimdawl City
Heimdawl Park
Heimdawl Sewers
Magnet Chamber
Route 5
Fenris Island
Nihogg Forest
Mt. Fenris
Route 6
Ragnarof City
Ragnarof Desert
Meteor Temple
Route 7
Thorton City
Tree of Yggdra
Aeger City
Route 8
Badonna City
Route 9
Ranheim Lighthouse
Boat Graveyard
Route 10
Ports of Glenodin
Sunken City
Route 11
Ebilokii City
Route 12
Nilhelm Town
Valhalla Road
Siegfried Plateau

[a id]Screenshots[/a id]Screenshots

What are screenshots?

[a id]Pokédex[/a id]Pokédex

2salzll.png

[a id]Benevolunt[/a id]Benevolunt

Zzu6V.png

167_f.png
167s_f.png

Benevolunt
Queen of Hearts Pokémon
5'0" / 103.9 lb
Ice/Psychic

75 HP / 70 ATK / 50 DEF / 130 SATK / 105 SDEF / 110 SPEED [540 BST]

Similar movepool to Jynx except she learns Hyper Voice at Level 1, Heart Swap at Level 63 and Regal Song at Level 70.

She evolves from Jynx at night when holding the Heart Crown. Despite her regal appearance, she is a fierce competitor who is ruthless in combat. Though rare in the wild, most will form giant castles made of ice to live in and force all of the local Pokémon to be her servants.

[a id]Features[/a id]Features

-Dew: A second "currency" used by the player. You collect dew by walking around Kulema (1mg per every 5 steps). This dew is used for many things: purchasing rare items from witches, creating new traits for your Pokémon and even turning the tide of a battle in your favor! The Lotad line possess a natural trait that allows you to collect 5 mg per five steps while they're in your party, making them a favorite of witches all over Kulema.
-Traits - Instead of abilities in the game, each Pokémon has the ability to learn several traits at a time instead. Every Pokémon has a certain amount of slots for traits (anywhere between 2-4 slots depending on the Pokémon). Each trait takes up a certain amount of 1 slot unless its a natural trait which take up no slots. The whole reasoning for traits can be broken down into two points: I wanted Pokémon like Magnemite to be able to Levitate without taking away from their other abilities and I wanted people to be able to create an unique Pokémon that differed from others within its species. MORE HERE
-Magic - As with all Kulema inhabitants, the protagonist can use magic. This feature is mostly to replace the HM feature. Using magic, the protagonist can cut through trees, move giant boulders, fly through the skies and cross the sea. There are several other practical purposes for magic but that's not what I want the focus of the game to be about.
-New Attacks
Spoiler:

-Porygon-Z: The labs in Thorton City focus their studies on artificial Pokémon (contrasting their neighbor Professor Francisco who specializes in nature). They have taken the illegal Team Galactic project "Z" and turned into something positive. While the purpose of these changes was for computer reasons, it has had an impact on the Pokémon's battle prowess as well:
2PCdd.png

Angel ~ Lunar ~ Retro ~ Trojan ~ Firewall​
These new forms each have different stat distribution and access to an exclusive trait not available to the other forms.
-Silver Magikarp/Gyarados: Due to prolonged exposure to dew-filled water, certain members of the Magikarp species have been discovered with a strange mutation. Their scales are a bright silver and their tendrils are darker shade of gold. They also seem to possess draconian abilities which culminates in their evolution: instead of being Water/Flying, Gyarados that evolve from Silver Magikarp are Water/Dragon. They also come with the ability Mystic Scales. [Link to Magikarp art here]
-Some Pokémon will learn moves they've never learned before.
--Finneon/Lumineon: Quiver Dance.
--Ponyta/Rapidash: Jump Kick / Drill Run [Rapidash only]
--Mareep/FlaaffyAmpharos: Tail Glow
--Eelektrik/Eelektross: Thunder Fang
--Cubchoo/Beartic: Ice Fang
--Octillery: Head Smash / Hydro Pump / Dragon Pulse / SolarBeam
--Mankey/Primeape: Hi Jump Kick
--Gorebyss: Giga Drain

[a id]Characters[/a id]Characters

Diane.png

Female Protagonist (Default Name: Diane)

Gym Leaders
-Zigsa - Ice - Legre City - Solemn Badge - TM-- (Frost)
-Eusapia - Psychic - Asgarde City - Big Top Badge - TM-- (Magic Trick)
-Mary - Normal - Heimdawl City - Cross Badge - TM-- (Transfusion)
-Robinson&Crusoe - Water - Aeger City - Coral Badge - TM-- (Riptide)
-Lilith - Dark - Fenris City - Vamp Badge - TM-- (Life Drain)
-Galileo - Fire - Ports of Glenodin - Buccaneer Badge - TM-- (Nova Burst)
-Titania - Bug - Badonna City - Moth Badge - TM-- (Rainbow Waltz)
-Henson - Ghost - Ebilokii City - Puppet Badge - TM-- (Sacrifice)

Elite Four
-Amelio - Flying
-Ivan - Poison
-Magnus - Rock
-Tesla - Electric

Champion: Britney - Team

The Rivals
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Villains
Spoiler:

[a id]Credits[/a id]Credits

-Abnegation - For everything. Without him there wouldn't be a thread to post
-Forgotten Memory- For helping me get Windows on my Mac and being a great support overall
-Conan Edogawa- For the OW Map
-Signomi for Diane's Art
-Minezumi for Diane's sprite and all future OW sprites
-Alexial for all of the character art
-Elaynii for the updated Benevolunt artwork

separator-bg.png

This is a fan game. I do this for fun, and I do not wish to make a profit, I do not wish to regain the time spent on this.
I do not wish for this game, this thread or anything related to it to become dispute.
I have fun making this, and I enjoy game development as one of my biggest hobbies.
Pokémon is a trademark of The Pokémon Company™. I am not affiliated with them, Nintendo nor Gamefreak.
A lot of work here is thanks to the latter three companies.​

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
This looks really good, Luke. I'm really into anime and I like the art style you've used for the protagonist and the Pokémon themselves. Just a quick question:

Say a have a Ludicolo and I run around in circles or am on my bike, would I end up racking up dew? I'm afraid people might abuse this system.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
This looks really good, Luke. I'm really into anime and I like the art style you've used for the protagonist and the Pokémon themselves. Just a quick question:

Say a have a Ludicolo and I run around in circles or am on my bike, would I end up racking up dew? I'm afraid people might abuse this system.

If people want to run around wasting time and abusing the system that's all up to them. There are certain checkpoints you'll have to reach to use certain magic/traits/buy items so it's not like you can get the best traits right away.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
... Did you repost your thread?

Anyway, this looks like it's coming along nicely. I like the character and the overall presentation, I'll keep an eye out for this project.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Lovin' the new thread layout, Luke!
It's so lovely~

Like I said in the old thread, I love the original ideas behind this game and the overall presentation of it. This game has potential to go far, keep it up~

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
This game sounds amazing. You don't even have any screenshots and you have me excited for when it's released. These traits sound like one of the best ideas I've ever heard of and the new attacks look really strong but not overpowered. I like how you've made the 7th gym bug type, about time bugs get a strong gym leader.
Please finish this game and release it because I will love you forever if you do. :D

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
This game sounds amazing. You don't even have any screenshots and you have me excited for when it's released. These traits sound like one of the best ideas I've ever heard of and the new attacks look really strong but not overpowered. I like how you've made the 7th gym bug type, about time bugs get a strong gym leader.
Please finish this game and release it because I will love you forever if you do. :D

They already got an Elite Four. Bug off xD (kidding).

And this is a question for Luke.
So since there are so many Latod/Lombre/Ludicolo in the region, do you think there is a possibility for a Miror B. Cameo? Or is it still to early to say?

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
... Did you repost your thread?

Anyway, this looks like it's coming along nicely. I like the character and the overall presentation, I'll keep an eye out for this project.

No this is the first time I've posted this thread. o_o

Lovin' the new thread layout, Luke!
It's so lovely~

Like I said in the old thread, I love the original ideas behind this game and the overall presentation of it. This game has potential to go far, keep it up~

<3 Thank you doll. Our talks lately have helped me a lot!

Thank you! And Titania is going to be super strong so your wish will come true!

They already got an Elite Four. Bug off xD (kidding).

And this is a question for Luke.
So since there are so many Latod/Lombre/Ludicolo in the region, do you think there is a possibility for a Miror B. Cameo? Or is it still to early to say?

An NPC currently mentions him in passing but there's no plan for a physical cameo at this time. (And Aaron sucks :P)

I've also added links to several Gym Leader's concept art by the super talented Alexial! And I'm adding pics/profiles of the villains/rivals as well.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You've made a new thread? I'm curios as to why?
Anyway, the new thread looks awesome, as does everything with this game :3
This is the one fan game I truly am looking forward too :3
Good luck, O' Luke one! :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2011
I want to say that this strikes me as an engaging and unique idea. As someone who as a hobby likes to create cultures, I love the backstory and the legend seems well thought out. The dew idea, as others have said, is an interesting and good one.

However, on the subject of abuse, I'm wondering wither the lotad thing can be stacked? As in, if someone just feels like wracking up the dew, can they put in a team of lotad and run around?

I enjoy your character design for this. It looks like a lot of detail and effort was put into her, even in the overworld!

I really like the pokemon selection as well, though I have to wonder how you would handle the pokemon that have to evolve by trade (altered to level?) and if Ice and Moss Rocks will be placed or another way to evolve your eevee in that way will be brought in?

I especially like the silver magicarp thing. Funny enough, I was JUST having a discussion with a friend over gyarados and the water/dragon typing, so that should be popular. I really like your jynx evolution, too, but I have to ask if she's going to just randomly evolve when it turns night time, or if it's upon level ...?

So sorry for so many questions! This is just really neat.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Yay for a thoughtful post with comments!

I want to say that this strikes me as an engaging and unique idea. As someone who as a hobby likes to create cultures, I love the backstory and the legend seems well thought out. The dew idea, as others have said, is an interesting and good one.

However, on the subject of abuse, I'm wondering wither the lotad thing can be stacked? As in, if someone just feels like wracking up the dew, can they put in a team of lotad and run around?

It will be limited to one boost. So even with a team of Lotad you'll only be gaining 5 dew drops per step, not 30.

I enjoy your character design for this. It looks like a lot of detail and effort was put into her, even in the overworld!

I really like the pokemon selection as well, though I have to wonder how you would handle the pokemon that have to evolve by trade (altered to level?) and if Ice and Moss Rocks will be placed or another way to evolve your eevee in that way will be brought in?

Pokemon with trade induced evolutions will have their evolution methods altered. Some may require an item (level up Electabuzz with the Electrilizer) or just simply by level (Boldore will evolve into Gigalith at Level 42.) And there will be an area for magnetic evolution and Icy/Moss rocks in the game.

I especially like the silver magicarp thing. Funny enough, I was JUST having a discussion with a friend over gyarados and the water/dragon typing, so that should be popular. I really like your jynx evolution, too, but I have to ask if she's going to just randomly evolve when it turns night time, or if it's upon level ...?

She'll have to be leveled up in a certain area at night time.

So sorry for so many questions! This is just really neat.

Thank you for this post and letting me clarify certain aspects of my game. n_n

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Will the musketeer quartet still play a major part in the storyline? I remember in the old thread they were a big part.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Oh my, this looks great! Very interesting concept, much more interesting than a regular ol' journey, I guess. The Pokemon line-up is pretty much epic, Benevolunt seems well done (with an original personality) and the Porygon-Z and Magikarp things just seem amazing.
Good luck with the rest of the game, hope you finish [soon so that we can play it]!! :P

Will the musketeer quartet still play amajor part in the stroyline? I remember in the old thread they were a big part.

4 ancient wizards + 4 legendary Pokemon warriors, with roots representing their good and evil sides? Sounds like a yummy recipe. :3

. . . ohmigawd, I now feel the need to write something similar to this, with magic and Pokemon and some other similar things. xD

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Will the musketeer quartet still play amajor part in the stroyline? I remember in the old thread they were a big part.

They still play a major, major part of the story but I decided to not reveal as much. But I don't know what old thread you're talking about. :3

Oh my, this looks great! Very interesting concept, much more interesting than a regular ol' journey, I guess. The Pokemon line-up is pretty much epic, Benevolunt seems well done (with an original personality) and the Porygon-Z and Magikarp things just seem amazing.
Good luck with the rest of the game, hope you finish [soon so that we can play it]!! :P

4 ancient wizards + 4 legendary Pokemon warriors, with roots representing their good and evil sides? Sounds like a yummy recipe. :3

. . . ohmigawd, I now feel the need to write something similar to this, with magic and Pokemon and some other similar things. xD

Thank you for the compliments! And if you do write that story, I want to read it!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Small update! My friend Ray is doing overworlds for the starters! They will appear walking in the starter town and I'm considering having them follow the player around (only them though like Pikachu in Yellow).

vullabyow.png

mandibuzzow.png

And if you're paying attention to the thread, you can see I'm making the list of traits more comprehensive in preparation for scripting them all.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
All these traits look awesome, the new ones are very original as well.
But here's a question, How many traits can a pokemon have? If they can have unlimited then pokemon like veononat will be very overpowered.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
All these traits look awesome, the new ones are very original as well.
But here's a question, How many traits can a pokemon have? If they can have unlimited then pokemon like veononat will be very overpowered.

As it states in the thread, each Pokemon will have 2-4 slots for traits! And certain traits won't be allowed on the same Pokemon (like Immune + Bad Blood). And certain traits won't allow other ones to be equipped (any Cherrim with Blossoming won't be able to have any other trait). There will be a system in place to prevent too much power on one Pokemon.

And here's the Rufflet/Braviary OWs!

ruffletow.png

braviaryow.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
2 things:

1. When do you think this would have it's first release (Closed Alpha or Open Alpha)
2. I think you should called the 'villians' something like 'The Swordsmen' or 'The Knights of ______', considering all 4 of them have blades of different sorts.

Back