• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Previous thread.

My opinion.

On another note. (MUST READ SPOILER BEFORE POSTING)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
I think the most loved Pokemon are overrated some of the best designed Pokemon seem overrated in my opinion;

Gyrados, Its original move pool is weak, but if you teach it with TM's it could be powerful I guess.
Lucario, its a pretty cool design, but i don't see the point personally.
Shinx and it's evolutions; Again a week move pool.. but again cool design.
I personally love TYRANITAR, Salamance and even Flygon, but they all have rather bad original move pool's, and have a lot of weaknesses. But they have the coolest designs.

I would really love an original design and a powerful Pokemon that is not a legendary pokemon..?
These are just my opinions..

~Kian

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Do I even need to say Pikachu?
Well I guess since Arceus, Dialgia and Palkia is explained as a gods then they can never stand up to that speculation as pokemon.
I have had some absolutely depressing experiences with Gyrados.
I'm going to say Beedrill and Butterfree because I'm a noob, they always seemed like an awesome way to start a game but always was depressing when you had to ditch them because they were worthless

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I guess Charizard is a bit overrated. Even though it isn't used often competitively, it's the appearance that makes people like it.

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
Pikachu and Charizard.
The Eeveelutions deserve a special mention, especially Umbreon, even more especially shiny Umbreon.
Most dog and cat Pokemon are overrated.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
Years
Pikachu is the series mascot, and really, I don't understand why it's the best known and best loved of all 629 of them. What's more, it evolves into Raichu and as a result is unsuited for competitive battling.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Arceus. Lugia. Pikachu. In fact, basically every Pokemon from the first and second generations. Underrated? Everything from the underappreciated 3rd generation. And as much as I like Reuniclus and Serperior (and I do), they are quite overrated.

Years
CHARIZARD FTW!!!! Cool Design, Outrageous Power, Cool Personality in the Anime!

My Personal Choices include: Infernape, Luxray, Dialga, Darkrai. They have amazing designs. Luxray just looks cool. I might throw in Garchomp too. These are my Personal ratings, So, no one should really consider this a fact, these r just my fav pkmns..

The thread isn't asking about your favorites, it's asking which pokemon you think are the most overrated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, Salamence. It's just so generic looking.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Lucario, Zoroark, Lugia, adn another that pokemon that featured in the movie. Arceus, although a bit overrated, can quite lived up to his reputation. I also concur that Mewtwo is overrated but I believe that he is the strongest non-godly pokemon.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Pikachu, Charizard, Umbreon, Oshawott aand a lot more >< I don't like using overrated Pokémon (except for reuniclus, serperior, luxray and excadrill).

Last edited:

Hawk.

The Hawist
Years
  • Age 29
  • PA
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Overrated? Hm, I'd say either Pikachu for being the Pokemon mascot, Charizard because it seems like everyone loves it, or Salamence for competitive battlers. Salamence is quite annoying.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Pikachu for obvious reasons. Charizard and um, I can't think of any others.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I think the most loved Pokemon are overrated some of the best designed Pokemon seem overrated in my opinion;

Gyrados, Its original move pool is weak, but if you teach it with TM's it could be powerful I guess.
Lucario, its a pretty cool design, but i don't see the point personally.
Shinx and it's evolutions; Again a week move pool.. but again cool design.
I personally love TYRANITAR, Salamance and even Flygon, but they all have rather bad original move pool's, and have a lot of weaknesses. But they have the coolest designs.

I would really love an original design and a powerful Pokemon that is not a legendary pokemon..?
These are just my opinions..

~Kian

Whaaat? Tyranitar has an extremely diverse movepool; as does Salamence.

Anyway, Charizard is one of 'em. I believe Mewtwo is as well, along with Arceus. A lot more but I can't really be bothered to list. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back