• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Multiple Regional Pokedex

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
Is there a way I can add more than 2 Regional Dexes? Every time I try to add another dex in setting under DEXNAMES the game treats the third Dex as if it is the National Dex

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Is there a way I can add more than 2 Regional Dexes? Every time I try to add another dex in setting under DEXNAMES the game treats the third Dex as if it is the National Dex

Did you make sure it is exactly the same as the two lines before it in settings? I have kanto, jhoto, my region, and then the national dex and they all work fine. Make sure the line where you added your new regional dex is identical to the ones before it. Also, if you have the dex set to location, make sure the metadata for your map is in that region.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
Im pretty sure they are the same all i did was copy and paste the the "Johto" line after the original. And do I have to set it to a map? I kind of wanted to just add "upgrades" so that the player can view the Dexes of like say Unova without going to Unova (Unova Pokemon appearing at Safari Zone)

Im not sure if i have people confuse when I say the game treats the third Dex as if it is the National Dex. What I mean is that when I try to unlock the national dex the national dex says "Hoenn Dex" but acts like the national dex

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Do you remember the number one Golden Rule when coming across a problem? All together now...

Start a new game.

Maruno

Years
Sorry, I was assuming you had actually made a third Regional Dex. All you've done is added a line to an array.

In pokemon.txt, about half of the species have a RegionalNumbers= line. These numbers say what their Regional Dex numbers are for each Regional Dex. Each line has 2 numbers in, which means they are in (up to) 2 Regional Dexes. By default, there are no Pokémon that are in the third Regional Dex, and if that's the case, the National Dex is used instead.

You need to add Pokémon species to your new Regional Dex by editing pokemon.txt.

It'll work once you actually do what you want to do.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
Thanks it worked. Having more than 5 list makes the list run off the screen. Any way I make the list scroll or that I can reposition the list up a bit?

Maruno

Years
It won't scroll, but I'll see if I can change that for v11. To move the positions, you can change a few values in class Scene_PokedexMenu (you can find them yourself).

Back