• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite Legendary Pokémon battle music

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
many legendary Pokémon have BGM music for battling, main Legendary Pokémon, minor Legendary Pokémon and even roaming Legendary Pokémon. so what is your favorite battle music for Legendary Pokémon?

I would have to say Reshiram battle, although Xerneas battle has impressed me too...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm gonna change the title ever so slightly. Just gonna change "BGM" to "music", just so that people can automatically know that this thread is about music and not have to sit there and think "hmmm what's bgm...OH duh!"

Anyway, I'd say the roaming legendary theme from BW is my favorite. It's also used for some stationaries, but still. Awesome stuff right there. The Deoxys theme from FRLG is also amazing, though I never got to hear it first hand since I didn't get any events back then.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
My favorite would probably be the legenday beast music from Pokemon Crystal.

Spoiler:

Catching Suicune ,Raikou and Entei were all the better.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The Regi trio theme from R/S/E would have to be one of my favorites. Not sure why, but listening to it always gets me hyped and makes me want to play to the beat. Other than this, I also like the battle music of Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf from D/P/Pt.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Ho-Oh's battle theme from HG/SS is amazing. I play that when I want to get excited about performing a difficult task. The drums get the blood flowing, and it sounds like the music an army would play before marching to battle. (Which works for a part of Ho-Oh's history.)

And I also like Deoxys's music from FR/LG. I haven't heard that one in a while, so I can't really expand on why I like it.

Years
The Weather Trio's battle music is easily my favorite, and I'd even put it in my top 3 favorite pieces of music from the Pokemon games overall. The gongs/bells at the beginning plus the slow build-up into the main theme really make it feel like an important battle, and the music in general just seems to fit the trio so well.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have a whole list of favourite themes which I simply cannot choose from. <3

Deoxys
Ho-oh @HGSS
Three Musketeers, etc. @B/W2
Regi trio @RSE
Weather trio @RSE
Legendary dogs @HGSS
Giratina @Distortion World
Palkia & Dialga @DPPt
Lake trio @DPPt

Years
Here is my list:

Regi's battle theme in R/S/E. It gave me shivers. <3
Ho-Oh's battle theme in HeartGold.. ahh, so beautiful.
Lake trios battle theme in D/P/Pt (Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf). Another one of those goosebump-inducing songs.
Palkia and Dialga in D/P/Pt. See the first and third choices.
The legendary dog theme was also really nostalgic. I must have listened to this one hundreds of times over!

I didn't realize just how many legendary battle themes I loved.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
The battle music for Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde is some of the most epic music we've had yet. Even though it's still new, I found myself in awe of how amazing it is~

Otherwise, I like the remixes of the beast trio's music from HG/SS (especially Raikou's) and Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem's battle music.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
My current favorite is Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde's theme, but I also like Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem's theme from Gen V, and Deoxys' theme from Gen III.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
For some reason the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Trainer battle music, even though I don't have either game, the Pokemon Showdown battle server had that music playing while I was having an online battle. A close second would be the BW gym leader theme.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Wow... I can barely remember any of these. >_< The only one that sticks in my mind is the lake trio's battle theme. I remember being really awed by that one when I first heard it in the game, so I can probably say that one's my favorite.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
There are a lot of good ones, so I'm just going to go with my top 5, in no exact order.
Weather trio theme (RSE)

Raikou's theme (HG/SS)

Lake Trio theme (D/P/PLT)

Reshiram/Zekrom theme (B/W)

Giratina's theme (PLT)

Finally, just throwing this in here, but I really like the Pokeremixstudios version of Deoxys theme.
Deoxys remix theme

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
The theme of the Lake Guardians has been growing on me lately, and the theme of Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde felt perfect for the climax of the game and is a nice song itself! Does Mewtwo's theme from Pokémon Stadium count? Arceus also had a very intimidating theme, very cosmic horror!

Back