• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firefox Issue....

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, this happened a while ago, but I just got the screenshot a few minutes ago....

I upgraded to Firefox 3.5 about 5 months ago. Before, it worked fine.... after the upgrade, I got this screen:
Firefoxerror.png

Can anyone help me?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well i just looked at your tray on the bottom right. Where there are to small monitor icons together (you connectivity) there should also be a small planet earth to show that you are connected to the internet. Are you sure you are checking you are properly connected before you open firefox? Did any of your security settings reset that would interfere with you router?

Years
Uh, you're not connected to the Internet in that screenshot. o.o See the icon showing two computers in your system tray? If there's no picture of the Earth in the same icon then you're not connected to the Internet.

Edit: Ooh, beaten by seconds by GavZ.

Zet

Years
uninstall firefox, run a registry cleaner, download and install the final FF 3.5 release, that should solve your problem.

Also @ GavZ and Get Innocuous! yesterday my vista laptop said I wasn't connected to a network/internet yet I could browse just fine, explanations? there is none because vista messes with your mind

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
uninstall firefox, run a registry cleaner, download and install the final FF 3.5 release, that should solve your problem.

Also @ GavZ and Get Innocuous! yesterday my vista laptop said I wasn't connected to a network/internet yet I could browse just fine, explanations? there is none because vista messes with your mind
You may have not been on the internet and just browsing pages that were cached. Just sayin'.

As for a "registry cleaner," use CCleaner. There are others out there that work just as well, but Google will probably lead you to something malicious instead of something helpful in this case.

Zet

Years
You may have not been on the internet and just browsing pages that were cached. Just sayin'.

As for a "registry cleaner," use CCleaner. There are others out there that work just as well, but Google will probably lead you to something malicious instead of something helpful in this case.
nope, I was connected to the internet, otherwise I couldn't have been on windows live messenger talking to friends and be able to make posts ;3

Years
nope, I was connected to the internet, otherwise I couldn't have been on windows live messenger talking to friends and be able to make posts ;3
It seems Vista, once again, decides to throw the normal rules out the window.

My guess would have been what GavZ said.
Maybe check your connection.

I can only actually surf the interwebs when earth is in between the two monitors. :/

Zet

Years
In Vista, if you don't see the connected icon in the tray, there IS NO CONNECTION to the internet present.
false, I've used Vista a few times and the world didn't appear, yet I could browse the internet and talk online. I must be some super l337 hax0r if there has to be a world to use the internet

as2

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
In Vista, if you don't see the connected icon in the tray, there IS NO CONNECTION to the internet present.
The icon could just be hidden.. Like it is on the Vista systems I managed here! :)

Back