• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Not Just a Game* Sprite Comic

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Fix the text, crappy text boxes, lack of proper comma usage, and background color, and you've got a pretty nice comic here.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
I'm going to go ahead and guess that this comic is about a person trapped in their Pokemon game and the only way to get out will be to 'beat the game.'

Seriously, this is a cliche. If that's not the plot, then go ahead. Fix what Mobile Tsk said, possibly get a more creative hero sprite, stay away from multiple staircases in a row (A grand staircase, maybe, of multiple fused together), and work on the plot. So far, it seems to be taking the above direction. Nothing turns away people like a dull and/or overused plot.

SuperJ-GOF

An Average Joe
Years
I need some advice color wise, I just chose the colors because I had honestly no idea what else to use. As for the plot, I guess that is vaguely similar to what I'm going to do. Kinda sorta. Not really. As for the text, is it the font or the dialog that's the problem? Thanks for the suggestions, but some of them weren't quite specific enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh... I checked my calander, and I Just figured out that I have about 5000000 other projects going, so I won't have time to update this even somewhat frequently. I'm discontinuing this, and I just started this like, a couple of hours ago. This thread can be locked.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
It's the font they mean, I don't see much wrong with the script other than a few grammatical issues.

Back