• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mega Evolution Challenge

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021

th

...The name says it all.

As the title suggests, this challenge is dedicated to the new "Mega Evolutions" introduced in Pokemon X and Y. Basically, you go through the game with only Pokemon that can and will Mega Evolve. Since most Mega Stones aren't available until the postgame, you will have to beat the Elite Four twice to complete this challenge. Not trying to make it hard or anything, but considering this challenge motivates you to use Pokemon that Mega Evolve, I would strongly suggest that you go after you beat the game and find your team's Mega Stones.

Rules:
1. Your team must only consist of Pokemon that can Mega Evolve in the new Pokemon X and Y games. A list of Pokemon that can Mega Evolve:
Spoiler:

1b. Legendaries are NOT allowed (except for Mewtwo!). They can not Mega Evolve (again, besides Mewtwo), so I am not allowing them.

1c. If Game Freak adds more Mega Evolutions in the future, then by all means, you can use them when they debut. If, and I doubt that this will happen, but if Game Freak decides to take Mega Evolutions out of future games, then you may not use them in THAT game.

1d. Pokemon options for different games will depend on the game. In X and Y, you can use any Mega Evolving Pokemon, even if they are taken out in future games. All previous games will comply with the present, which is X and Y right now.

2. This challenge is based from Pokemon X and Y, but I will allow you to sign up for games in previous generations, using Pokemon that could evolve in 6th Gen.

3a. You are allowed to trade in ONE Pokemon from a different game, but ONLY if it is in your Regional Dex. This enables you to play with a somewhat bigger variety of Pokemon.

3b. It is ok to trade just for the sake of trade evolutions, as long as you get the same exact Pokemon back with no changes except for the evolution. Furthermore, if on an emulator, you may hack the evolution instead of trading, as long as the evolution is the same level as the pre-evolution. The closer to an exact copy of the Pokemon you can get, the better.

4. Pokemon that can evolve into two or more Pokemon, whom one or more of which can Mega Evolve, MUST evolve into one of the Pokemon that can Mega Evolve. This should be obvious, but I am putting it here in the rules, just in case.

5. You must beat the game with at least 3 Pokemon. The exception, of course, is RBY, in which you may use 2. I will set a minimum level requirement of 40 by the end of the challenge; your Pokemon should be far past that level by the time you get to the end, anyways.

6. The challenge is over when you beat:
Spoiler:

7. It is recommended that you upload pictures/videos of each Pokemon Mega Evolving, because it makes it look more legit, but it is not necessary if you do not have the means to do it.

8. Your signups should look like the following:

Username: Samurott01
Game: X
Team (Optional): Charizard/Tyranitar/Abomasnow/Gyarados/Mawile/Mewtwo

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Remember to have fun in the challenge! Enjoy those Mega Evolutions!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Alright, since no one else has posted yet, I decided I would be the first. I hope this doesn't count as double posting, since no one else has posted.

Update #1

Badges:
50px-Bug_Badge.png

My progress in this update:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Alright, that's it for now. I would have updated sooner, but I've had trouble being able to play the game recently. I'll be able to play more often now. See ya!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Username: KoboraX
Game: Silver
Team (Optional): Ampharos and Gyarados. Can't get trade evos, and I don't think you can get Pinsir in Silver Version. Heracross is really rare and you need Headbutt, and that would drain a lot of time, so I'll just use Amphy and Gyarados.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Just a question, could I trade in the pokemon and mega stones?

Well, and I should probably add this to the rules, I really kind of discourage trading in Pokemon, but I guess I'll allow you to trade in one Pokemon and/or stone.

KoboraX said:
Username: KoboraX
Game: Silver
Team (Optional): Ampharos and Gyarados. Can't get trade evos, and I don't think you can get Pinsir in Silver Version. Heracross is really rare and you need Headbutt, and that would drain a lot of time, so I'll just use Amphy and Gyarados.

Ok, I added the "three or more Pokemon" rule after you posted, and also made a rule about trade evos and exclusives, so that should make it easier for you to get your three.

I don't think I have enough done since last time to make a full update, so I'll update tomorrow. I've got to leave in a minute anyways, so I don't have time right now. Keep working on those Mega Evolutions!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Sorry it's been so long, but I've been going through the game like crazy and I'm finally done!

Final Update

Badges: 8/8
50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png
50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png
50px-Iceberg_Badge.png

Time (as of today): 77:55

Story:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

That's it for my challenge. Keep working on your challenges, bye!

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Username: CDChaser
Game: FireRed, I can do this right.

I'll update regularly, but first I need to figure out what Pokemon are in that generation...

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Good luck, CDChaser! Also, I've decided to start another challenge.

Username: Samurott01
Game: HeartGold
Team: Ampharos, Gengar, Gyarados, Alakazam, Scizor, Kangashkan

Alright, I'll get started on that. Bye!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok... this didn't count as double posting last time, since I was bumping the thread up, so it shouldn't count this time, so...

With Christmas so soon, I almost forgot the Christmas event. From now until the end of January, you can say "Merry Christmas" in your post and get ONE free Pokemon. It does not even need to Mega Evolve, my pleasure. With that, I tell everyone, "Merry Christmas!" Also, I've switched my challenge to Gold and I've just started.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I got squrital and combuskan

Ok, but which game? And is it possible to add your final team? That's always preferred.

I've been slacking on this challenge. I really need to get back to it. With schoolwork and all, I just haven't had the time.

Also, I updated the OP to here.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, this thread has been inactive for a LONG time, and I've decided that I'm scrapping this challenge. I actually thought it would have a lot of popularity because of all the hype for Pokemon X & Y, but I guess that's not true. Everlark, if you see this, take this down, please. Thanks!

Back