• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Journal Guidelines

• Share only your experiences in Black and White.
  • No Youtube Videos.
  • Have fun and be creative.
  • You can post more than once in a row here, as long as it's been over 24 hours since your last post.
[a id]General Information[/a id]

The Unova Travel Journal

Whether it be arriving to a new city for the first time or experiencing one of your very own Pokémon evolve to their next stage, every trainer needs a place to share their traveling experiences. Here, in the Unova Travel Journal, we give you that opportunity to let other trainers like yourself read up on your own journal entries as you travel across the lands of the Unova region.

Helpful Links

• Do you have a question about the games? Try to find the answer to your question in our FAQ.
  • Are you working on your own Let's Play's, guides, or reviews for Black and White? Post it here.
  • Do you want a quick battle? Ask here.
  • Do you need help getting a certain Pokemon? Trade for it here.

Last edited:

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
Well, let's see. Yesterday I played my Japanese White version for the first time in a long while. I had just found out that the Battle Subway had a mode where you could actually battle trainers who used the first 493 Pokemon, so I went ahead and got my streak up to 21 battles using my EV-trained Voltros, Haxorus, and Hydreigon.

I've also been mindless walking around the region admiring the graphics, lol. I love the Autumn season. Black and White really are beautiful games.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
You stole my thread >.<
Currently, I am at the Ferris Wheel event in Nimbasa City. Apparently N battles you to let Team Plasma flee...

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Okay, i started today. and i am still in the first town. i Picked Snivy =)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Only started playing my pokemon black which arrived yesterday, I'm up to pinwheel forest so far with 2 badges, I'm training my team a little bit before I go on through the forest, I also just got the Liberty Ticket

My team;

Pignite Lv21
Tympole Lv20
Pansage Lv20
Pidove Lv19

jammi567

Started around 30 mins ago, picked Teh Pig (also known as Tepig) and went out into the first route. Caught myself a Lillipup, trained it a little, and then went to the first town. Explored, then talked to the hot Professor Juniper. Got my Pokemon healed...

...and found out that I caught the Pokerus! First time ever on any of my playthroughs. At this rate, I'll be getting my first shiny soon.

Last edited:
Years
I've just started out, been playing for about an hour or so now, currently in Route 2!

I chose Ochawott at the start and so far have caught a Patrat which I don't plan on using, a Lillipup and a Purrloin! :)

I liked how you meet Ghetsis (sp?) right at the start so it seems like you're chasing him throughout the game as well as trying to get to the pokemon league.

Also I love how when you start a new game and you get about 50 exp points and it seems like a lot >.<

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Been playing for about 30 minutes, currently leveling up my pokemon ready to take on the first gym.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I've got my Italian Black game today, skipped school :D

I'm in Castelia City, this afternoon I'm gonna download the Liberty Pass!
I can't wait!

My team so far is:

- Servine Lv. 23
- Timburr Lv. 23
- Herdier Lv. 21

Hope also to get Conkeldurr today!

Years
Purrloin seems to be pretty weak to start off with, struggling to beat anything really, love visiting the poke centre after every battle :|

Justarrived in Striaton City, not too confident about the upcoming gym battle, not sure if Purrloin and Lillipup will be able to help Oshawott overcome the first gym.

Just received Pansear from Dreamyard :D

Just entered the first Gym, like the look of it... and I just received some Fresh Water :D

My first gym battle of Gen V is against Cilan and she sends out a Lvl 12 Lillipup, I start out with a Lvl 11 Purrloin, also noticed she's only got two pokemon which is slightly pleasing :)

Lillipup manages to make my Purrloin faint so I decide to bring out Oshawott! Water Gun FTW :D

Cilan brings out a level 14 Pansage, good thing I went to dreamyard :) it took down my Oshawott with two Vine Whip's but I managed to get in two tail whips before. I bring out my level 10 Pansear, and Incinerate does minimal damage :| Pansage uses Vine Whip and takes 7 out of 30 HP, I should go on to win this battle now.... WOOP WOOP :)

With 6 HP left Pansear uses Incinerate to make Pansage faint! :) Gym badge number 1 after about 2 hours of play!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Got the (european) r*m today! I just named my Tepig Sir. Bacon.
don't count on him not being eaten

TEAM
Sir. Bacon (Tepig)- Lv6

Oh and I beat Cheren and Belle Bianica easily :)

blue

gucci
Years
Just got Pokémon White before, really happy about that! :)

But anyway I've just reached Nacrene City, I'm taking my time so I'm exploring whilst training my team!

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
Just got back from town with my copy of Black, and fired it up for about half an hour.
I'm sitting in Accumula Town right now, trying to catch myself a Purrloin.

As for the starter, I HAD to pick Smugleaf ;3.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
I've been playing since 10.30 am and had an hours break or so, going fairly slowly though, just got the little girls pokemon back and heading down the route that was blocked. Got lucky and started with a female Snivy, currently in my possession is Servine, Woobat, Panpour and Drillbur as my 'using' pokemon, with a Purrloin for cut and a Lillipup for Pick Up =] will made some changes when i can, gonna replace Drillbur with Sandile i think

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Started my journey on Black and went on beating the 1st gymleader my current pokemon team:

Tepig" wonderPig" lv 12
Lilipup- lv 12
Pansage" Sage" lv 12

tajio

Sugoi~!
Years
Defeated Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, retrieved the Dragon head and now in Castelia City to get my THIRD badge!!! Woot!

I'm taking it slooow~

P.S. Got the Liberty Pass as well, but couldn't find any boats in Castelia City so I'll get Victini later...

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
My White arrived today.

Started the game setup my character, and opened the box to pick my starter...two hours later and I still haven't been able to pick. I haven't had this much trouble choosing my starter since my struggle between Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the original Red version.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
This is were I am so far:

Just defeated 4th gym, and had the first encounter with Alder. Apparently Cheren only wants to become the Champion, and doesn't want to do anything else :S But then Alder tells him it is also very important to love Pokémon. He asks 2 little kids if they would like to have a double battle and you and Cheren battle those Preschoolers. Afterwards, he'll say that the Pokémon enjoyed the battle. He also says it is his job to make people love Pokémon. And I've also caught Victini, Zorua and Zoroark.

Team:
Charger lvl. 29 (Zebstrika)
Smugster lvl. 30 (Servine)
Da Gangsta lvl. 29 (Scraggy)

Last edited:
Years
Since my last post quite a bit has happened! I'm really enjoying this game :)

After meeting Prof Fennel I received cut and went onto Dreamyard and battled off a couple of Team Plasma Grunts, after this I proceeded to catch myself a Munna and an Audino, who I've been quite curious about during the build up of this game! At this point my team was gaining a bit of shape Oshawott, Lillipup, Purrloin, Sansear, Munna and Audino. I moved onto Route 3 where I discovered the Daycare centre and had a few battles!

Further down the road I bumped into Cheren and fended him off with relative ease, I'm now about to enter the cave to go and look for a young girls pokemon who Team Plasma appear to have stolen!

Before I went in I noticed some grass outside, walked around a bit and managed to catch myself a Pidove and a Blitzle :) So I've shuffled my team around a bit and am ready to enter the first cave in Pokemon White :)

Team: Pidove, Blitzle, Sansear, Lillipup, Audino, Oshawott

Just over 4 hours of play, seen 13 pokemon caught 9 and I have 1 Gym Badge!

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
Well so far I've ordered my European version of the game seeing as the Japanese Rom I was playing was too complicated.

Anyway Amazon Guaranteed delivery before 1pm Tomorrow so if it doesn't come I'll be out on the hunt :P

Hopefully be able to update tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back