• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome to X/Y General Chat

Welcome to the general chat thread. In this thread, you can discuss anything to do with Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.
While posting in this thread, please make sure you are following the below rules:

* Posts must be relating to Pokemon X/Y.
* Please stick to the current topic at hand.
* Follow forum wide rules.

Let the excitement run wild.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm looking forward to Corocoro in case they have any more leaks, it's usually due around 15th of each month right? Same for Pokemon Smash.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Yeah,i'm really exited about any new info about this Gen and new revelations about the story.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'm looking forward to Corocoro in case they have any more leaks, it's usually due around 15th of each month right? Same for Pokemon Smash.

Yes, however I'm a bit afraid they'll just repeat what was said at the Nintendo Direct seeing how close the magazine's new issue is to the announcement of X & Y.

Years
Indeed, that is a worry, but they might have some exclusive content and/or stories on development, as they do that sometimes.​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
For once, I found a Pokemon generation that I'm not ready for. I'm hoping that as more Pokemon are revealed, I'll feel better about it. I can't say the same for gen V, since I avoided spoilers, but doing that on a Pokemon forum is hard so I won't do it this time. Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about these games yet. I think the starters, except for Fennekin, are uggggggg-LY. But the legendary mascots look amazing actually. So eh. But the way the game looks is deterring me away from it. I'm not ready for chaaaaaaange :( I'm content with the moving 2D sprites I'm not ready for 3D models. sob sob sob

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
For once, I found a Pokemon generation that I'm not ready for. I'm hoping that as more Pokemon are revealed, I'll feel better about it. I can't say the same for gen V, since I avoided spoilers, but doing that on a Pokemon forum is hard so I won't do it this time. Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about these games yet. I think the starters, except for Fennekin, are uggggggg-LY. But the legendary mascots look amazing actually. So eh. But the way the game looks is deterring me away from it. I'm not ready for chaaaaaaange :( I'm content with the moving 2D sprites I'm not ready for 3D models. sob sob sob
I'm the exact opposite really. I feel that Pokémon as a franchise either needs to completely stick to its original formula or change it with a fresh approach completely. This is one of the main reasons that I disliked the 5th generation games as they tried to change the game but ended up with it being stuck in-between which led to, in my opinion, a terrible end product. With X/Y I feel that they're finally jumping the gun and bringing the franchise changing/defining product that it needs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
omg aisjdlaksj dlka

When I saw the announcement on top of the forums, I thought it was April 1st all of a sudden xD But then I came to my senses and realized that wasn't it. And after having watched the announcement video, I have a few things to remark on.

Eh, they FINALLY brought decent animation to the main pokémon series. For crying out loud, I've been having beautiful 3D games on my phone for a long time now. But Pokémon seems kind of like the Apple of the gaming world nowadays; they now and then present something and say it's BRAND NEW AND BREATHTAKING but actually it's been by others already. Hehe.

The starters don't really excite me; I've seen fakemon starters looking better than them. I think I liked the Gen V starters more when I first saw them.

The legendaries looked really cool though, especially the X pokémon. I really hope their names aren't strained and weird. palkia! dialga! durr!

I wonder how many new pokémon they will introduce and if they are going to do like with Unova and keep them apart from the old species. Probably not though, since we saw a wild pikachu and the starters fighting Pansear and such. Yeah.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I didn't like the way Unova was completely isolated with only Unova Pokémon (excluding B2/W2 I believe). I think that the best way is to probably have about 100 new Pokémon and a nice mixture of the other 5 generations.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@ CoroCoro stuff: I don't think they'll repeat stuff. We might get maybe one or two new Pokemon, or just extra info, but after the big lead up to it EVERYWHERE online and on the actual advertisements on TV, I don't think they'd just announce it there without giving us anything tbh.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I also don't feel ready for this Gen.
I like the starters. Especially Froakie (why do they hate Froakie ;w;)
The good thing about this is the international release at around the same time.

I don't have a 3DS yet though, still with my Black DSi D:
Must save till then, I guess. I hope they release a 3DS - Pokemon X/Y bundle xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I didn't like the way Unova was completely isolated with only Unova Pokémon (excluding B2/W2 I believe). I think that the best way is to probably have about 100 new Pokémon and a nice mixture of the other 5 generations.

I'm really hoping this too - they usually don't do this for the dual set of the main games, and only leave it for the third game of the set (liiiike Pokemon Z in this case?) But yeah, as much as I love to try out these new pokemon, I do also wanna see some of the older pokemon for nostalgic purposes (like I'm still on board of using a Nidoran or something!)

Years
Worth pointing out that it seems that Nintendo has a new strategy when it comes to promoting new stuff. It's all about Nintendo Direct now. Granted, they still leave some fodder for the magazines, but the announcements? Nintendo Direct. Nintendo Direct.

I really like this strategy.

They need to keep using it and keep pushing it for the system to become a success though. However, it is exciting!​

Years
Alright, I, for one, am angry as heck. First of all, they literally JUST released the sequels for the gen V games. So they don't even want to give them some time to develop? SOME? And they don't even want to make Gen 3 remakes? EVERYONE wants Gen 3 remakes. Most everyone. And for the 3DS? Do they just want to make more money? I can't afford a 3DS and I'm not planning to afford a 3DS anytime soon, let alone buy it. Although it IS true that the gen V PMD games are for the 3DS too, but... What the hell? Can't they just pick a system and develop it? They were on a good path with the DS, I don't know what the hell happened all of the sudden.

Although I admit the graphics are really top-notch (what less would you expect on a freaking 3DS), they can't really call it fully developed 3D models unless they're from all angles like in, for instance, Poképark. Also, nothing of it looks like a Pokémon game. Just from the few screenshots I've seen.

The starters... ugh. Chespin looks like someone bathed a Pachirisu in a Sudowoodo that just came out of a blender. Fennekin is an anorexic Eevee with overgrown ear-hair. Froakie... I'm not even going to go there. This thing looks pretty badass though:
Spoiler:

It's a Sawsbuckviriziosuicunethingamajig, but it looks damn epic.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
This thing looks pretty badass though:
Spoiler:

Definitely Princess Mononoke inspired, no wonder it looks epic.

princess-mononoke.jpg

Still though I like the legendaries ten times better than the gen V ones.

blue

gucci
Years

In the trailer there was a mixture of multi regional Pokemon, Dratini, Kirlia, Weaville, Pansear etc so I'm sure they will mix it up slightly, unless they were just for a purpose of battle footage.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't mind me getting upset over change, of course haha. It's my reaction to anything that's changed too much for my liking (do you know how long it took me to break down and buy a DS?), but I'll eventually be okay. I wasn't even online during the reveal. :( I should have stayed up! Waking up to a new forum and games wasn't good for me, lol.

Anyway, I do hope they have a mix of older Pokemon in with these games, like Manipulation said. And I hope they don't pull a DP on us and exclude a TON of new Pokemon and leave them for post-game. That would be mean. I like what they did with B2W2, by having a ton of Pokemon from each generation mixed in with almost all gen V stuff. And even then, the only gen V stuff that you couldn't get prior to post-game was just...couple of legendaries? So yeah, they had their regional dex nailed in B2W2 I think, and I hope the same will go for X and Y.

...X and Y tee hee.

Years
Whoever owns this domain is probably gonna get a huge pay cheque from Nintendo.

Is it only me who thinks Froakie, or at least it's evolutions, are going to be Water/Electric? I'm pretty sure that move it uses against a Patrat in the announcement video is an electric type move.

I'd also reeeaaally be happy if they only introduced, say, 60 to 70 new Pokémon (not counting any possible evolutions or pre-evolutions).

Also, on the topic of (pre)evolutions, I kind of would like to see some Gen 4 and 5 (pre)evolutions. Something for Throh/Sawk would be cool, same with maybe Basculin and a pre-evolution of Cryoganol could be cool.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Alright, I, for one, am angry as heck. First of all, they literally JUST released the sequels for the gen V games. So they don't even want to give them some time to develop? SOME? And they don't even want to make Gen 3 remakes? EVERYONE wants Gen 3 remakes. Most everyone. And for the 3DS? Do they just want to make more money? I can't afford a 3DS and I'm not planning to afford a 3DS anytime soon, let alone buy it. Although it IS true that the gen V PMD games are for the 3DS too, but... What the hell? Can't they just pick a system and develop it? They were on a good path with the DS, I don't know what the hell happened all of the sudden.

Although I admit the graphics are really top-notch (what less would you expect on a freaking 3DS), they can't really call it fully developed 3D models unless they're from all angles like in, for instance, Poképark. Also, nothing of it looks like a Pokémon game. Just from the few screenshots I've seen.

The starters... ugh. Chespin looks like someone bathed a Pachirisu in a Sudowoodo that just came out of a blender. Fennekin is an anorexic Eevee with overgrown ear-hair. Froakie... I'm not even going to go there. This thing looks pretty badass though:
Spoiler:

I think it was done before R/S remakes purely because a, they wanted generation V to be isolated to Unova only, which is kinda awesome or alternatively to further develop R/S before releasing them. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back