• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drizzle Competitive Team (OU)

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Hey, I've wanted to make a competitive team for some time now, So I've made one, It's got synergy, nice typing, and DRIZZLE! I use leftovers a lot

Polotoed@Leftovers
Drizzle
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Sp. Def.
-Scald
-Protect
-Toxic
-HP Grass

Toxicroak@Leftovers
Dry Skin
Adamant
252 Att./ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Hydration
Modest
252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Speed
-Scald
-Rest
-Wish
-Roar

Forretress@Leftovers
Sturdy
Sassy
252 HP/ 4 Def./ 252 Sp. Def.
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Rapid spin
-Volt Switch

Dragonite@Life Orb
Multiscale
Quiet
252 Att./ 252 Sp. Att./ 4 Speed
-Aqua Tail
-Hurricane
-ExtremeSpeed
-Roost

Cloyster@White Orb
Skill Link
Jolly
48 HP/ 252 Att./ 208 Speed
-Shell Smash
-Rock Blast
-Icicle Spear
-Razor Shell

How do you like my team? Please Rate.

Last edited:

ShineyMaster

Your In The Zoro's lair Now...
Years
im not much of an expert but for toxicroak i would advise drain punch over cross chop, cross chop is too much of a gamble plus with drain punch it gets extra revovery! also i would love to battle you i recently made a sand team and am ithcing to try it out! also with a weather war we'll have loads of fun!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i dont understand rain dance on politoed when it has drizzle

Incase other whether abusers switch in and switch out, I guess. Politoed does have the upper hand on two of them, so chances are when they switch in, they'll likely switch out. Instead of using rain dance, you switch out to something that can take a possible attack from Ninetales/Tyranitar (which is really unlikely against Politoed imo lol) and then switch back to Politoed as appropriate, or switch into something else depending on what they send out. But since it's pretty uncommon, I really would go with either Toxic or anything else from the defensive set to just help out Politoed.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
i dont understand rain dance on politoed when it has drizzle
It's for when a Ninetales or Tyranitar comes in and ruins the rainy weather, perish song forces a switch or death, and rain dance restore the weather.

Shame you follow those silly tiers. Otherwise I'd say "Get a Kingdra." Or a Mantine for "Water veil". XD

I really do want to get a Kingdra or a Mantine, but then all the whiny crybabys who would lose would be "You used hax, those abilities were banned wah! wah! wah!" and that would just make me really angry, I'm deciding to edit the team, so I'll consider your nominations (they'll probably get on.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sorry if I missed anything, but Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned, even if you have Politoed to use Rain Dance to restore the rain.

I'd use Hidden Power (Ice) on Thundurus for pseudo BoltBeam coverage. Focus Blast is just too risky.

Use a Bold Nature on Vaporeon, since you're using max HP and max Defense.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
In addition Thundurus is uber and thus banned on Smogon and also PO to iirc.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Sorry if I missed anything, but Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned, even if you have Politoed to use Rain Dance to restore the rain

In addition Thundurus is uber and thus banned on Smogon and also PO to iirc

I'm sorry, but I'm deciding not to follow Smogon's Tiers, I will tell people about my team and the rules I play by, but I'm not going to let Smogon's Tiers affect me. Swift Swim + Drizzle is exactly like Chlorophyll + Drought, is that banned, no, so I'm not going to let Smogons Tiers affect me, I don't mean any offense in what I say, but I'm playing by VGC rules with a twist. No Tiers, No Ability bans, all moves, all Items.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
....but I was under the impression that competitve battles were played under Smogon's rules, so technically you wouldn't be playing competitively...?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I'm sorry, but I'm deciding not to follow Smogon's Tiers, I will tell people about my team and the rules I play by, but I'm not going to let Smogon's Tiers affect me. Swift Swim + Drizzle is exactly like Chlorophyll + Drought, is that banned, no, so I'm not going to let Smogons Tiers affect me, I don't mean any offense in what I say, but I'm playing by VGC rules with a twist. No Tiers, No Ability bans, all moves, all Items.

Its nothing like SS + Drizzle tbh. Water moves get a 50% STAB increase too AS WELL as SSers outspeeding everything, that makes them overpowered and psuedo impossible to switch into, in addition rain has many different abusers (see, Kabutops, Shell Smashers, Ludi etc) whilst sun has nothing that deadly. Politoed is also MUCH easier to keep alive than Ninetales (SR weak, T-Tar Pursuit bait, horrible typing etc) which makes rain easier to abuse. Plus its not just Smogon, its essentially everywhere competitively major that follows it including Pokemon Online too. Bear in mind this was done through different tests on each site and found to be broken on each one individually by the suspect voters, that should give you an insight and speak powers as to why its broken and thus banned and sun is not. Same with Thundurus, Excadrill and Garchomp.

No Tiers, No Ability bans, all moves, all Items.

Fair enough. Just saying that you'll have an EXTREMELY hard time to find anyone to battle with you, as that like removes 95% of the whole competitive community who do play by said rules lol.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Politoed wants Hydro Pump over Scald. If you're running Toxic as well as scald, the status is redundant. Give it Ice Beam over HP Grass too don't want them Dragons coming in on you!

That Vaporeon set is also ugly. Imo, go with something that can attack since this is more or less a heavy offense team with a Forry and a Vap in there for good measure.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Fair enough. Just saying that you'll have an EXTREMELY hard time to find anyone to battle with you, as that like removes 95% of the whole competitive community who do play by said rules lol.
....but I was under the impression that competitve battles were played under Smogon's rules, so technically you wouldn't be playing competitively...?

Wow, I was wrong, sorry :(

Back