• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
I've made a few more tools since I posted my others, and I'm planning to make more, so instead of a thread for each one, I thought I'd just present them in one tidy thread.

Updated 12/11/2011

GB Tools

GymEdit GB

GymEditGBmain.png

A tool to edit various aspects of the Gym and Elite 4 battles in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow ROMs.

Download

Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor

RBTrainerEditor.png

A tool to edit the normal trainer battles in Pokémon Red and Blue ROMs. This tool supports all language ROMs, repointed data and other changes to the number of trainers/Pokémon in each class by means of editing the included offsets.ini file.

Download

Challenge!

ChallengeEditor.png

Finally a tool that correctly edits the starter Pokémon script correctly for first generation Pokémon games! No more glitchy battles or weird rival movements in Oak's Lab. This tool is based on Sawakita's excellent tutorial on Skeetendo, so big thanks go to him, and also to Harrison for his Lazarus source codes.

Download

PrizeEdit GB

PrizeEditGB_Final.png

Editing the Game Corner prizes made easy in this tool for Red, Blue and Yellow! Thanks go to Sawakita for his help debugging the routine and to Harrison for his Lazarus source codes, which helped me a lot!

Download

TradeEdit GB

TradeEditGB.png

A tool to edit the in-game trades in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow ROMs. Trade your useless Magikarp for a Mew! This tool will also allow you to change the nickname of the Pokémon you recieve!

Download

MartEdit GB

MartEdGBrelease1.png

Rewrite of the old program, this edits the items sold in the PokéMarts in Red, Blue and Yellow ROMs, plus a bonus if you look under the 'Extras' menu ;)

Download

Pokémon Red/Blue Titlescreen Editor

titscrnedit.png

A simple tool that I made around the same time as thethethethe made his version. They both do the same thing, and that is changing the Pokémon that appear in the background of the Red and Blue titlescreen!

Download

GBC Tools

TradeEd GSC

swamperttools_tool_TradeEdGSC.png

Finally, a full set of trade editors with this addition, needless to say, this tool changes the Pokémon you trade and the Pokémon you recieve, with its ID, OT and Nickname. Thanks to HackMew for his Text Editing Functions, that made this possible!

Download

StartEd GSC

startedgsc2.png

A fully functional starter Pokémon editor that works with Gold, Silver and Crystal ROMs. It allows you to change the species, level and hold item of the Pokémon contained in Prof. Elm's PokéBalls and the Pokémon that your rival battles you with for the first time!

Download

ItemEd GSC

itemedgsc.png

A tool to ease the editing of items in Gold, Silver and Crystal ROMs. It includes Coolboyman's tutorial and hex values so that you can edit them as much as possible. Because of this big thanks go to him for all his information which can be found here. This tool works with the English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese versions of games aswell.

Download currently offline due to major glitches...

TMMaster GSC

tmmasterscreen.png

This is the mother of all TM programs. For any language Gold, Silver or Crystal ROM, this program will edit the attacks contained within all 50 TMs and in the 7 HMs, edit the cost of the TMs when bought in a PokéMart, plus, most importantly, edit which Pokémon are compatible with which TMs/HMs. Download contains the necessary .ocx files as well.

Download

MartEd GSC

martedgsc.png

The best PokéMart editor for G/S/C! Works with all language ROMs to provide quick and easy shop editing loveliness!

Download

GBA Tools

IIE.png

A little more complicated than my other tools, this changes the offsets of the images that items have in a FireRed, Leaf Green or Emerald Rom. Basically if you're adding a new item over a blank spot, and don't want that 'question mark' icon, use unLZ.gba to insert a new image and pallete, then change the offsets for the space you're writing over with this tool!

Download

DP Tools

Pokémon HGSS Gym Editor

hgssgym.png

A tool to edit all aspects of the Pokémon used by all 16 Gym Leaders, the Elite 4 and Red in Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver ROMs!

Download

DPtrade-2.png

Like the one for RBYG, this does the same for Diamond and Pearl. Currently it only changes the Pokémon, the recieved hold item, and the ID number of the recieved Pokémon, but I am looking into the nickname and trader's name. I'll update if I find these!

Credit goes to gabe_k from PokéSpam for the offset of the trade block data, and to HackMew who helped me with working out how to read the ID number correctly! Thanks guys!

Download

PokéEdit DS

Pokeeditds1-1.png

Probably the most useful tool I have made to date. This edits all the aspects of a Pokémon's stats and other options in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum ROMs.

This program is made using thethethethe's tutorial for basic Hex editing, this program wouldn't be here without him! Thanks!

Download

Other Non-Pokémon Hack Tools

PaletteEd GB

paletteedgb.png

A tool that works with all Gameboy and Gameboy Colour ROMs, to edit the palettes of anything in the game. Just find your offset, put it in the box, load it and edit, with the RGB colour picker, making slight alterations is easy!

Download

Denjuu Editor SP

denjuu2.png

Remember that horribly translated bootleg game, 'Pokémon Diamond'? Well, it was a hack of a japanese game called Keitai Denjuu Telefang, of which there were two versions, Power and Speed. Denjuu, translated means Electric Monster, and this tool will edit the base stats of the Denjuu in the Japanese Power and Speed versions and in the bootleg 'Pokémon Diamond'. If you haven't played these games, then I suggest having a go, as they are quite entertaining, if only for the terrible Engrish! :D
This will obviously only have a linited fan base, but I had the data so I thought I may aswell make it! There is a forum for Telefang Hacking here. Enjoy!

Download

That's all for now, but there are more on the way. Let me know if you find any bugs so they can be fixed asap! Most importantly, tell me what you think!

Last edited:

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Wow!

Wow please make more, are you new to this? dont look like it!
im gonna test then out now!

Swampert 22

Years
Hey Guys!

A little update for you in the form of a Mart editor for Gold and Silver! I know there is one already, but it was in German, plus I think my interface is better =D

Go to the main post to download it!

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
The GB tools are OK, but i think the Gym editor needs YELLOW compatibility. And even add a map editor for Yellow too.
The GBC ones need CRYSTAL compatibility
But Overall, all the tools are awesome

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Doesn't pokemap edit yellow version maps?
why would he make a map editor when there is already on of the best out there?
anyways nice tools swampert22!
I'll keep this in mind whenever i'm going to try to hack 1st and 2nd generation games.

Swampert 22

Years
The GB tools are OK, but i think the Gym editor needs YELLOW compatibility. And even add a map editor for Yellow too.
The GBC ones need CRYSTAL compatibility
But Overall, all the tools are awesome

I was planning to add yellow compatability to the gym editor in the near future, it was just going to take a bit of work, which I'm a bit lazy to start, but it will come! Crystal combatibility will come too, the header on Crystal is slightly different co reading it in a program needs a different piece of code, I'll work it out soon though. Plus there is already a map editor for Yellow :)

Hat aka Black Phantom re-worked some of GoldMap so it works with Yellow version. I'll see if I can find the link and post it here....

EDIT: Here's a link to Presea's Tool Archive copy: Download.

Doesn't pokemap edit yellow version maps?
why would he make a map editor when there is already on of the best out there?
anyways nice tools swampert22!
I'll keep this in mind whenever i'm going to try to hack 1st and 2nd generation games.

Thank you for your support! However PokéMap doesn't edit Yellow, Its a shame that program never progressed to add more event support, maybe someone will in the future. I wouldn't know where to start...

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Years
can someone post a thread that takes
ideas for tool make king

cause i got a realy good idea or a rom hacking tool

I thought that would be a good idea too, so I made one in the scrapbox a couple of weeks ago, but it just got ignored. Its probably on page 10 now or something.

Whats your idea?

EDIT: Looks like Crystal compatability is coming sooner than you think... I added it to the TM editor in about 5 minutes, so I'll get to work on the Mart editor, so it works with Crystal! Its also much easier to find an attack you want, as i took the hex codes out of the list so if you press 's' for example, it will now cycle through all the moves that begin with 's'!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2008
Great tools, especially the item picture editor... It came out just when i needed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back