• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Does anyone else like the new look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I only just begun the game really, but I noticed quite a big difference in the style of battle, menu, C-gear ect.

I like the neon colours against the black background in the menu and how they've changed the Pokéball when battling a little better. I have to say I love it compared to the original look in Pokémon Black. Not to mention the new Habitat List on the Pokédex, which I found really useful.

This is more of just a thread for fun, so have fun. Looking forward to your opinion. :P

SagaTheTrainer

The Veteran Newbie
Years
I do believe that the ability to customize your C-Gear is a quite nice touch indeed!

Everyone has their own preference so it is very hard to create a model that appeals to everyone by default, so customization is a must!
I do favor black and red colors myself :3!

The day they allow us to customize our trainer i will be VERY happy!

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
I love the new look. In fact, i love a lot of the new aesthetics in B2/W2. It feels more like Im playing through more than just another pokemon game

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I really like the new colors also. It's not entirely different, but I like the new colors that GameFreak implemented into Black/White 2. I hope they add similar color schemes to the next game!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm in love with the new look of the game. The design of the C-Gear is fantastic. I hated the one in B/W, but this one is neat. The rings, the fact that I can actually turn them pink, it's cute.

Plus even the small detail of the towns and buildings. Floccesy Town and the tire tracks from the trucks, the trucks in general and the garage they are stored in. The ranch, Virbank City and it's aqueduct feeling to it. The design of the sewers when the sewers are filled with water and when they aren't. It's really incredible how many small details they put into this game. Visually, these have to be the best yet.

Years
^ Basically what he said, plus what I'll say now.

I loved the new, improved look of Black 2 and White 2. Especially the redesigned grass and trees, and I actually loved the protagonists' designs in this game better than Black and White.

The new locations really captured the amazing detail put into them and I love how they changed the animations for certain attacks as well. I am so in love with Water Pulse's new animation cos it looks like you're really underwater.

I never tried the C-Gear customization but I'm glad you can change it more than in B/W.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Overall the Games Look Far Better than Black and White did For sure
BW Was Basically a Test Run for these Features and B2W2 Enhanced them

I give the game a 19.8/20

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I love the new look and feel of these games. I especially the fight menu and bag and start menus. The red and Black color scheme and the neon of the start menu just clash well together and look really cool. Aesthetically these games look better than Black and White. As Jellicent mentioned the details in them, for example the trucks in Flocessy Town, blows me away. Particularly, I think Virbank City is my favorite new city so far. The Complex is a fun place to train cause of the pipe you walk on. The reflection in the water at night looks amazing and every little detail is what makes these games look so great.

Didn't know you could customize your C-Gear so much. I really like this cause 1) they're way better customization than BW and 2) I picked Rosa in Black2 and that's my main game (cause I like her design better than Nate's, picked Nate in White2 though.) and so I had to get the pink C-Gear. Honestly I think that pink is horrendous and hate having to look at it on my bottom screen all the time . So I'm glad I can customize it more cause now my C-Gear has blue and gold rings and looks much better.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Definitely like the new C-Gear better :)

Looks better and there are more options :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Whoa hold up I can customize my c-gear? I'll definitely need to try that out! I dislike that all of the items for the girls are always pink, but oh well. I'll go figure out how to change that. :3

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Whoa hold up I can customize my c-gear? I'll definitely need to try that out! I dislike that all of the items for the girls are always pink, but oh well. I'll go figure out how to change that. :3

Congratz on your 333 Post :P
Lol Jks

If the games had been made on the 3DS They would have gotten 10/10 But Instead I Gave them 9.9/10 (Which is basically the same as 19.8/20)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Please don't revive a thread over a month old.

If you'd like feel free to start up a new thread similar to this one if you'd like to continue discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back