• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ben Howard

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I just discovered him on iTunes while searching for albums to buy. I bought the album because I liked the cover and I listened to a sample of Old Pine and liked it, so I decided I would buy it. He's very Bon Iver meets Isbells meets Ed Sheeran with a little Mumford & Sons. At least, to me. Here's three songs that I think best represent him:

What do you think? He's my new favorite artist!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
... oh god how much fun does that water slide look @Keep Your Head Up

I'm really glad you posted this thread, I'd never heard of Ben Howard before but after listening to the samples you provided he's actually really good, I can't wait to go find some more of his work. My favourite was definitely Keep Your Heard Up, that song's incredibly catchy and the guitar in the verses is pretty cute. He reminds me a lot of Mumford & Sons mixed a little with Owl City or Jake Bugg - kind of a more cheerful/upbeat version of M&S? These are some of my favourite artists anyway so combining them would always be wonderful, but I wasn't expecting something like this. Despite being reminiscent of other bands, his style is very unique so he's got a big field to play around in whilst discovering his talents and hopefully he'll produce much more excellent work like these in the future. His first album was 2011 so perhaps there'll be a second coming soon? :D

Back