• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Gallery of Galdr

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
I was looking for this art section, seriously. I don't mind critiques when needed, as long as they're constructive. (However, I can tell constructive from flaming most of the time)

Here's a few works I've done. This includes sprites, actual hand drawings, pixel art, and a few banners/signatures and avatar(s) I've done. I've been getting better at making signatures, though they're probably still at beginner stage. Enjoy. I may update when I get something new in. I'll try to keep them organized. Also, I'll more or less post characters that are mine in a fandom. Most people do, isn't that right?

Note: You can find most of these at my deviantART. So if you see it here, then there, then it's fine.

Pixel Art
Spoiler:

MSPaint + Gimp Art
Spoiler:

Hand Drawn + Gimp
Spoiler:

Sprites (Includes Recolors and Trainer Sprites)
Spoiler:

Banners, Signatures & Avatar(s)
Spoiler:

Hope you guys all like these. And my current avatar and signature, I made them as well, but I'm too lazy to find the links for them.

Years
I'd say you need some comment!

Well, I'd like to say, I like the variety of different kinds of artwork you make! Since I'm more familiar with GIMP and hand drawings, I took a look at those for a bit. =]

I'd have to say, I like the "Autumn colored Simisage" the most. I like the orange color and I think the line-art is much neater. The shading was okay, but the shading on the head, face, and legs made it unclear to me where the light source was coming from. I'd watch out for that! Why? It's less confusing where the lighting is coming from and it looks so much neater and better. Trust me! =] If you really need help on how to shade better, I'd just study normal objects around your room and see the different shadows an object has because of the lighting. Outside is good, too.

Shading help:
xljvpc.jpg
Sorry for not having a fantastic/awesome doodle, but you'll understand here where the source for the highlights are. From the angle, shading and highlighting, the Mudkip looks somewhat three-dimensional. You can tell pretty well where the light source is coming from. Once you get the basics of that, you can expand to other kinds of light sources in different angles.

Other than shading, I'd try to be a little neater on the line artwork. Erase some lines here and there, and try to make lines with one stroke if you slowly draw your outlines. If you draw a line quicker and in one stroke, it looks a lot neater than slowly building up that line.
2sggw.jpg
I like to warm up by drawing more than 50 circles, very fast! All of them drawn with one stroke. It helps to draw much better, less bumpy lines and circles. ^..^

Uh, if I can think of any other advice, I'd maybe play around with colors more? To made set a mood or show what time of the day it is in your drawings. You have some nice work, and I hope I somewhat helped you out!

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Thanks for the comment.

Yeah, the shading on the Simisage, the light source was supposed to come from the right. I was a bit tired when adding finishing touches on that one, so I go fix it. Sometimes I do have trouble shading. Thanks for the small tutorial, it helped clarify a couple small things I was unsure of. XD

I drew the Simisage by hand, and therefore, my eraser sucks. I don't use the pencil's eraser, I use a white eraser. I also try to clean up my hand drawings in GIMP as well.

Edit: Here's another batch of drawings:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Light bump. I have more new things.

Spoiler:

I'll be updating occasionally. Enjoy/comment what have you. (:

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Just light bumping again, as usual, as I have a lot of new things, but will only post a few.

Spoiler:

Enjoy/comment as you like.

Back