• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need pokemon team suggestions

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I want to improve my pokemon team and I will take any suggestions.
If you can them please recommend any pokemon that I should add, and thanks in advance.
This is my team:

Swampert@ No item lv. 50
-surf
-muddy water
-earthquake
-ice beam

Gardevoir @ No item lv. 67
-psychic
-hypnosis
-calm mind
-dream eater

Salamence @ No item lv. 51
-fly
-headbutt
-flamethrower
-dragonbreath

Metagross @ No item lv. 55
-meteor mash
-take down
-pursuit
-psychic

Latias @ No item lv. 42
-fly
-thunder
-surf
-psychic

Kyogre @ No item lv. 82
-water spout
-ice beam
-hydro pump
-thunder

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I suggest you swap out Kyogre with a Linoone with Pickup, and these moves:
Slash
Belly Drum
Rest
Thunder Wave

And if you don't get one with Pickup, put a Chesto Berry or Silk Scarf on it. The only thing it won't damage is a Ghost Type.

Speaking of which...
Swap out a Dusclops for your Latias and put:

Shadow Punch
Will-O-Wisp
Protect
Night Shade/ThunderPunch
on it. Give it a King's Rock.

And replace Swampert's Muddy Water with Toxic.

Years
I disagree with the above poster in that Kyogre is a great addition to your elite four team (if that is what it is). The only suggestion I have is to remove fly from Latias and give fly only to Salamence. Latias's attack isn't very stellar and your best bet is to work with other special moves, or possibly calm mind.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
On Swampert, try replacing Muddy Water with a status move like Toxic since you already have two good attack moves.

Gardevoir looks fine, but you'll want to try to give it an item to boost Psychic moves.

Salamence is pretty awesome looking, and the only thing you'll want to do is replace Dragonbreath with Dragon Claw just because his attack stat is so much higher than his special attack.

Metagross looks fine for now and I'm not sure what I would do to improve him except maybe lose pursuit to get earthquake in case you come across a fire type and you don't want to switch.

Latias might as well be taken out of the group as you already have a dragon and psychic type. I would replace it with maybe a grass or electric type.

Kyogre is a really good pokemon and so you could replace him with a variety of other pokemon, but you should at least replace his hydro pump with surf just because you already have water spout to do massive damage to the ones that need it, and he needs a more average power attack.

That's all I have to say about your team and it looks good but it could be improved.

- Cam

Back