• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What country/place in the world for new region?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If you could decide what country or part of the world on which to base a new game region in, what would you pick?

Would you want any certain real life cities to be adapted into pokémon world cities for use in the games? Like Paris for the main city of Kalos.

Are there other landmarks you would like to include in this region?

For reference, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are based on different parts of Japan; Unova is based around New York and the US; Kalos is based on France.

It's interesting that they summarized aspects of America into one region and the whole of France into one region, while they only used small parts of Japan for whole regions. But that is probably because the game is Japanese to begin with ;)​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Australia! They should make one for Australia. The landscape is so diverse

I agree!

I'd also want to see a region based on Norway 8D A northern country with lots of dramatic scenery - fitting for a new gen with better graphics. Lots of mountains and caves that maybe don't really look as boring as in many old games. And Oslo as the biggest city, of course, and many fjords.

Years
Aside from Australia- which is what I was hoping the sixth gen would be based off of, my longshot vote would go to something based on Western Canada/Alaska. It would provide a highly varying climate and landscape (beaches, islands, mountains, prairies, etc.), plus living here would make it much more exciting to play a game based on it. Plus, Vancouver has already been adapted into the series by way of LaRousse City in the anime, so it wouldn't be like they were starting from scratch.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Yeah that'd be good. Hell, why don't they even include LaRousse City, then have a Deoxys event?

I think Brazil would be a good one, perhaps. The main city could have a statue of Arceus replacing Christ the Redeemer :P And it could incorporate other parts of South America, i.e. as well as the rainforest (excuse for more of Hoenn's tropical creatures to appear) you could have say the Falkland Islands appearing, with key differences to the main region. Or if you're pro-Argentine, have the evil team overrun them in the beginning, with the player liberating them :)

Years
I'm going with Australia. I want 1000000 Kangaskhan and a new drop bear Pokémon. I also want to see the outback be 90% of the entire region.

Back