• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Assault!

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
Years
I am finally gonna post some sort of demo of the game so now I decided its time to move this over here...

Lol this post was from the Plot/Stroyline section :P

Alrighty guys I'm finally stepping up to the plate and introducing myself. I'm Maria Santos if you didn't know already. I have been using game maker since I was in 7th grade but my skills are horrible >_< yea I'm a drag and drop n00b :'( But hey I wont let you guys down. I'll bring ya the toughest Pokemon you will have ever played. Get ready >:3

Pokemon Assault: (Trouble in Sinnoh) <----I need something tha sounds cooler than that -_-

Check Below for Download!

Teh program:

I am making this game with Registered Game Maker 5.3A due to crappy computers I work on.

Teh Story (Please bear with me I am not a good story teller -_-)

The story takes place in Jubilife, Sinnoh. Dawn is at the NPBS building investigating alleged Pokemon and drug trafficking. While she is investigating a swarm of Koffings lead by an IMMENSE sized Weezing blow a hole in the side of the building and are spreading their toxic fumes around killing people inside the building. She must get rid of them all and find out who sent the Pokemon to do such a thing. Her investigation will lead her into a nightmarish Sinnoh in which the Pokemon siege cities and kill the innocent people. Nothing is as it seems anymore. Can Dawn escape the abyssof the dark one as she tries to rid Sinnoh of this terror?

Theres alot more but I cant find my papers where I wrote it down xD Please be patient with me. ^_^" Sorry its so vague ^_^"

Teh game itself:
-Platform Shooter
-5 Weapons so far. Handgun, Shotgun, Flaregun, Rocket launcher, STD (Silent Total Destruction lulz)
-VERY DIFFICULT. If you like a frustrating challenge like Ghost and Ghouls you'll like this nicely.
-Gore. Pokemon will die. So will you. Thats life xD
-Unlockable characters with better abilities.
-Even tougher difficuly settings such as WTF mode, 45Spd and 60 Spd.
-Loads of secrets to find in the game.
-Cheat Codes. Oh yes.

Teh Screenshots

Spoiler:

Teh Videos clips
Spoiler:

I am curently looking for a spriter to help me with the pokemon death animations. If not that then I will gladly accept spriters for other jobs such as Pokemon movement, game backgrounds, etc. Also looking for beta testers, artists, and most importantly I am looking for LEVEL DESIGNERS! I need longer and more interesting levels for this to be exciting!

Level in development...

Area1-NPBS Building
Area2-Sinnoh's Underground
Area3-???
Area4-???
Area5-???
Area6-???
Area7-PBS Outpost(Mt.Coronet)
Area8-Inside of the base...
Area9-
Area10-

Secret1-Old Memories
Secret2-United we...wait what?

Credits:

Nintendo lol duh
Joshr691 for the INCREDIBLE custom pokemon sprites I use in the game.
My old friend chris who got me started on game maker in middle school. R.I.P Chris. Que dios te bendiga.
Mark overmars for making Game Maker. xD
Bobby Prince from which most of the games music comes from.

Ill add more as I remember them :P

Show your support! Use teh userbar >:3

picture.php

Staff:

Programmers: Maria Santos
Tiler: Dragpyre
Beta Testers: Ito_Igami, Mcash7

Current Release...Hellhole v3.5a...
Hellhole v3.5a

Any questions just post or PM me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Maria Santos

Years
Alright! I finally got Snorlax to work somewhat. I wasn't able to make it use a Superpower/Outrage/Curse attack set but now it is gonna use a Hyper Beam and a body slam of sorts.

Here is the screenshot of it in action...

picture.php

Pretty brutal huh? After the life is set for Snorlax and a few other things set I will be officially be able to say that Area 7 will be complete by this Friday. I will release Hellhole7 v3.7 out today and the Final Hellhole 7 by Friday. Yea don't get to excited... -___________-

I wil add this screenshot to the screenshot collection soon on the first post. Tell me what you think guys! ^_^""

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Unique idea i suppose. You turned pokemon into a platform game!!

Maybe you might want to tone down the gore and violence so other people might play.

Maria Santos

Years
Tone down the violence and gore?! Thats a major part of the game. :P

But yea thanks. I just didn't wanna make another Pokemon RPG like we have 5 bajillion of them round here showcased. Yep a Pokemon platform game with violence galore! :D

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
lol, i've seen many games like this on yoyogames but not here. I started a platofrm game before but you weren't a human. It was more like the rpg, it had stats, you can change your party and all that. You might wanna think about that, it could improve your game. Nice to know theres another Game Maker user here...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Nice innovative idea for a game, but the violence is a little too much. Being a Pokemon fan since I was a child, I don't enjoy popping caps in Pokemon

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2021
OMG!!!!! i got the vip treatment and got to download the beta version from very early on! dont be jealous guys.*fixes himself and returns to his professional reserved self*. i think its a great game, though not for everyone. its refreshing and different and gives a more versitile approach to playing pokemon that is not only much needed but also has never been done before. those of us who feel that its to gorey just fail to realise that we simply think so because our minds and have become too accustomed to the traditional way of playing the game, to allow us to think outside the box. i guarrantee u that had pokemon always been a game like this one and she intoduced the rpg that we know and love u wud be saying it would be to dull. so dont let ur minds lag in stagnant thinking. this stuff is JAMES BOND MEETS PKMN WHATS NOT TO LIKE! ........5/5

Maria Santos

Years
:D Thanks alot Juno! That really means alot to me. Good to see i got supporters :D

Now to the news...

I am currently working on some level map intro's of sorts. I will post up the new screens soon so you know what I mean. Still have to work on Snorlax's death animation and also Charizards.

I will keep you guys updated.

By the way I need a new title screen...Any ideas? The current one is lame and says "Pokemon Attack" Instead of "Pokemon Assault" xD xD xD

I have been pumping out the updates huh?

there is a speed run of the now completed Area 7.

need the download? here it is! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdydfwuc2jq

enjoy!

Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Nice Vid. The only thing is that Dawn looks weird without a proper jumping sprite... also, if you ever need help with your game, I can help, I got about 2 years experience with Game Maker.

Maria Santos

Years
Nice Vid. The only thing is that Dawn looks weird without a proper jumping sprite... also, if you ever need help with your game, I can help, I got about 2 years experience with Game Maker.

Yes I am fully aware about Dawn not having a proper jumping sprite. i first want get everything working right before i worry about those sprites which i believe I can set up quickly.

Ah so you are good with Game Maker huh? Ill let ya know whenever i need your help with something! ;D

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wow nice idea man. I really will enjoy playing this wont I!So its just a 10 level or so platform shooter involving dead blue gutted octilleries? Sweet! Please oh please tell me the goomba equivalent in this is bidoof!

Maria Santos

Years
Just wondering...
- Is this going to have one, really long level, or multiple ones?
- What kind of Pokémon are you going to include?

As for the name, there are a few choices. Invasion is one, but it's fairly overused. And if you're going for a more violent name, how about Pokémon Onslaught?

The levels will vary in size and there are 10 planned levels and 2 secret levels based off old stages from previous unreleased projects of mine.

The level which you saw was small in size but i made up for it by including very tough pokemon to take out. Now the level that i am working on (area 8) will be large and have multiple areas in it for you to explore and each with their own danger.

Pokemon that are gonna be included in this game are...

Octillery
Charizard
Snorlax
Shedinja
Scyther
Mewtwo
Voltorb
Electrode
Diglett
Dugtrio
Koffing
Weezing

Those are just the few that I can say will be in it.

Pokemon Onslught? hmmm...interesting....

Wow nice idea man. I really will enjoy playing this wont I!So its just a 10 level or so platform shooter involving dead blue gutted octilleries? Sweet! Please oh please tell me the goomba equivalent in this is bidoof!

Lol goomba equivalent? No stomping here :P And it aint gonna be only octillerys but im glad you like it.

Maria Santos

Years
UPDATE!!!

lol sorry bout that. :P

But yes there is an update. It is in the VERY early stages but is playable somewhat atm. Important notes to read before you play! PLEASE READ!

Pikachu cannot be killed except by handgun atm. sorry.

2 doors on the bottom lead to nowhere. The first 2 lead to the same area but with the first one being the only one that triggers an event. Hit ENTER at anytime during gameplay to restart the room if something goes wrong.

SHOTGUN SHOOTS AT A FASTER RATE!.

yes I now see that a faster shotgun is gonna be needed now... and plans are underway for a machine gun. stay tuned for THAT update.

Blue health packs are INVINCIBILITY PACKS! Gives you invinibility for a few moments. Keep an eye on your health bar cause once it turns from silver to green you are back to normal. Words wil also show up when you are invincible just incase you forget.

I did all this in about....eh...7 hours? Tough but I at least got something down. Tell me what you think guys! ^_^"""

THE LINK!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dqzttumimji

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This is rather different than the games I usually see around here. Good luck on it.

Maria Santos

Years
Yea it has been a looong time since I have updated this. Reason being that area 8 is taking alot of time because so many events have to be worked out for it to work. I wont be releasing a demo of my updates now but maybe after thanksgiving. Yea its realy hard to get all this done right but hey patience is a virtue right?

I can at least tell you that some music has been changed around and the game overall looks better like menu wise and some other stuff I wont reveal yet. Only ppl who are on the team will get all the updates i release. So if interested just post up or PM me.

well bai!

Back