• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Omega [Beta 1 released in english]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
OW.jpg

..: Hack Name :..

Pokémon Omega

..: Basic Information :..

Hack of: Pokémon Ruby
Hack creator: Xiros
Team: Xiros, Xiros, Xiros & Xiros.
Translator: AntiRellik translated Pokémon Omega to english.
Language: English [Beta 1 released] & Spanish [Beta 1 released]

..: Introduction :..

The idea of this hack was thought in mid-2006, but for many reasons I restarted it for several times. Finally, with my friend Wolsea we decided to create the final version, but he retired just before starting, so I decided to do it with almost any help. And here it is, with me scripting, spriting, mapping, creating tiles, and everything you can imagine.

..: Story :..

Part 1: 10000 years ago… darkness and silence reigned in the sister regions, that are called Koren and Kaioh. The two regions were completely destroyed because of the battle between the guardian of koren, known as the guardian Giratina, against kaiohs guardian called Regigigas… It seemed as the battle was never going to end, there has passed six months of intense battle and none of the contenders even thought to surrender.
To stop the battle, most of the world's strongest pokémons went to the region, but very few had the courage to intervene, but none of them achieved any positive results.
Suddenly, appeared the pokemon which is said was born before the creation of the universe… and with its immense power it separated the two contenders, hiding them in different parts of the sister regions, so that the battle would never be repeated again…

Part 2:
In the year 1512, Captain Blue got lost navigating on the peaceful seas of the south, and after two months, when everything seemed to be lost, he discovered the two sister regions...

Diary of Captain Blue:

July 7, 1512:
After two months of being lost and without having any hope of living, today we saw a piece of land on the horizon. We are very happy because we don´t have any more resources. We are praying with all our strength, hopping that in that new world there are enough resources for us and it is good enough to belong to our empire.

July 12, 1512: Finally we are on that region! It is beautiful, now we are going to explore.

July 13, 1512: We have discovered that there is another region very close to this one, that is perfect, we will be able to expand our empire. My researchers say that humans can leave in this regions, even though we haven´t explored too much.

July 14, 1512: This morning we found the first signs of life, we have seen a small pokémon that our Paper Pokédex (What do you want? Look at the year ^ ^) do not have it in writing.

July 14, 1512 (afternoon): This is amazing! There is life in this region (obviously they are inferior than us). They have a very primitive language, but our researchers were able to translate the majority. We were told that the regions are sisters and are called Kaioh & Koren, and also they said something we didn´t understand too much, there are two possibilities, maybe they love us and want to make a party to us, or maybe they are going to kill us, who knows.

July 17, 1512: My explorers discovered a cave, but its entrance is covered by a giant stone that has rare symbols on it, we can´t understand them.

July 18, 1512: We have returned to find the entrance to the cave to the same place, but we couldn´t find it. This is very strange.
-----
The rest of the diary is useless.

Part 3:
Year 2000.
The two regions have a lot of population, and the indigen are completely extinct… Necro managed to discover what said the symbols that were in a cave and learned a lot about the Battle of thousands of years ago. It became very ambitious and decided to form a team, the Shadow Team, and their goal was to catch the legendary pokémon that fought on that battle to take over the world. Two years later the team had become very famous, and with thousands of members, they stole everything they could to become rich, but they never forgot their main aim.
To stop them, one of the best teachers pokémon, known as Zel, created the EPKK (Emergency Pokémon of Koren and Kaioh). That team also became famous for doing good, and many people joined (although most were not enough powerful to fight against team shadow).

Part 4:
Year 2007.
?¿?¿?/?¿?¿? Has lived all his life in a city of Koren, call Leaf City. ?¿?¿? Is 15 years old. In this city, people become pokémon trainers on their 15th birthday, since being a trainer of lower age was risky because of the shadow team. Professor Firo gives ?¿?¿/?¿?¿ a pokémon so it can begin its adventure throw the 2 regions, koren & kaioh together and to win the 8 gyms (4 in each region), and eventually go on to win the "League of the Sister Regions" .
On its trip, it will find lots of rivals, some will became their friends, some their enemies.
¿?¿? will catch lots of pokémon, and it will have to fight against Team Shadow, and also will have lots of challenges on its trip.

..: Features :..

Travel throw the regions Koren & Kaioh.
New Maps!
New sprites!
New Tiles!
New Events!
Pokémon of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd (very few) and 4th generation!
New scripts!

..: Screens :..

omega_01-4.png
ruby_us1_01.png
omega_10.png

omega_05-3.png
ruby_us_01.png
omega_03-2.png

omega_02-2.png
ruby_us1_04.png
ruby_us1_07.png

ruby_us1_03.png
ruby_us1_02.png
omega_07.png

..: Videos :...

(spanish videos! Soon i will upload them again but in english)

Old Man
Shiny Wildbattle
Mew Event

..: Credits :..

Serg!o for half of the animation of the rf water.
Kike-Scott for some pokemon overworlds.
Man for some sprites & overworlds, and for the design of the titlescreen.
AntiRellik for translating the beta 1 of my hack to english.

..: Banners :..

Thanks DarkkChildd!
1d44b4fc72.png

HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1d44b4fc72.png[/IMG][/url]
blue_banner.png

HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/DarkkChildd/blue_banner.png[/IMG][/url]
red_banner.png

HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/DarkkChildd/red_banner.png[/IMG][/url]

Thanks Zunex!
supporter.png

supporter1.png

HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/Rukario_987/supporter.png[/IMG][/url]
HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125517"][IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/Rukario_987/supporter1.png[/IMG][/url]

..: Beta :..
You can download it from wah.studiopokemon.com

Direct links:

Beta 1 Spanish: Download Pokémon Omega beta 1 Spanish version

Beta 1 English: Download Pokémon Omega beta 1 English version

..: Awards :..
PC Awards:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Hey man, keep it up!
Cool to see that you had it translated, it'd be a shame if PC missed it.
Love the shiny murkrow and all the bidoofs around (maybe too many?), although using cops to block the routes is a bit too overused.
And the woods... man you tricked me there, MANY times.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Yay! PKMN Omega translated into English!
I'm interested into being your spriter... and I wanna be your spriter so... can I be your spriter?
Anyways, almost every Pokemon in the game are shinies.. I think each Pokemon has some "Midas Touch" onto them....

Happy HAcking!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
i don't get it why can't i go further dan the begin where i only have a growlithe :(

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ah... Finally, the english version. ^^
I've been waiting for this.., and also, I never got the chance to say something about your hack when I first downloaded it...

The tiles are simply amazing and the story and the way we can receive our starter is cool! I also love the shiny Murkrow event... ^^

Keep it up, Xiros! ;)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Nice, I'd already seen this on wah, But never got a chance to say anything XD
The tiles are simply amazing, and the titlescreen is what captures my eyes....it looks great!

The story is very good....I like the diary..adds a little excitement to the hack. Anyways nice work!

~C3LEBI

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
My review:
-the translation is excellent, some mistakes but still better than Naranja.
-palettes are pleasing for the eyes.
-tiles are nice, good luck with fixing the doors, it's pretty hard.
-Lots of shinies, is that a good thing? I dunno.. maybe if they were a bit more rare...
-Scripts are great and original.. Great job!
-DP pokemon, nice addition :)
-OW and backsprite to be honest aren't very good. It resembles the FR-LG one a lot. Maybe start from scratch?

I'm at the second town, does the beta go any further?
Anyway, this is one of the (rare) good quality hacks. Great Job!
Keep up the good work.
*****officially supports this hack.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
Hey man, keep it up!
Cool to see that you had it translated, it'd be a shame if PC missed it.
Love the shiny murkrow and all the bidoofs around (maybe too many?), although using cops to block the routes is a bit too overused.
And the woods... man you tricked me there, MANY times.

Haha yeah too many bidoofs:D
I´m now trying to fix the "all shiny bug" but it ins´t as easy as it looked xD
And about the cops, well i think for the moment they are ok, maybe later I'll change them

wow nice hack where does the beta end

After the first gym, on the power plant.

Yay! PKMN Omega translated into English!
I'm interested into being your spriter... and I wanna be your spriter so... can I be your spriter?
Anyways, almost every Pokemon in the game are shinies.. I think each Pokemon has some "Midas Touch" onto them....

Happy HAcking!!

Well, for the moment i´m not thinking on sprites, but maybe when i need them i will be asking you.

i don't get it why can't i go further dan the begin where i only have a growlithe :(

Look at the south east of the city, there should be a route opened.

The story seems really good. And I can tell from the screenshots that the graphics are nice.
I haven't played it, but I'm about to. My review will come later XD

By the way, you put the wrong link for the english version. Here's the correct link:
http://wah.studiopokemon.com/hr/omegab1english.rar (saves you the trouble :P)

Ups, well i will have to fix the link in my first post. Thanks man!

Ah... Finally, the english version. ^^
I've been waiting for this.., and also, I never got the chance to say something about your hack when I first downloaded it...

The tiles are simply amazing and the story and the way we can receive our starter is cool! I also love the shiny Murkrow event... ^^

Keep it up, Xiros! ;)

I´m happy u liked it^^

Nice, I'd already seen this on wah, But never got a chance to say anything XD
The tiles are simply amazing, and the titlescreen is what captures my eyes....it looks great!

The story is very good....I like the diary..adds a little excitement to the hack. Anyways nice work!

~C3LEBI
Hehe now u will be able to say everything u want about my hack when u want xD

My review:
-the translation is excellent, some mistakes but still better than Naranja.
-palettes are pleasing for the eyes.
-tiles are nice, good luck with fixing the doors, it's pretty hard.
-Lots of shinies, is that a good thing? I dunno.. maybe if they were a bit more rare...
-Scripts are great and original.. Great job!
-DP pokemon, nice addition :)
-OW and backsprite to be honest aren't very good. It resembles the FR-LG one a lot. Maybe start from scratch?

I'm at the second town, does the beta go any further?
Anyway, this is one of the (rare) good quality hacks. Great Job!
Keep up the good work.
*****officially supports this hack.
Well, the sprites & overworlds will be changed for the next beta (i hope!)
The "lot of shinys" is just a bug that i must fix for beta 2. Now if u don´t want to have too many shinys u only have to save the party (normal way, no savestats), and open the game again.
The doors i don´t thnk i will fix them, i just don´t care too much, but maybe since some people are asking for it...

Well, i have some "fan bars" but they are spanish ones, if someone is interested on making a bar for me would be great :P

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
well, um, I made this banner, actually it's the first time I try make a support banner and I'm not really happy with it, but whatever... You don't have to use it. XP
1d44b4fc72.png

mm what do you do once you rescue nurse Joy?

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
well, um, I made this banner, actually it's the first time I try make a support banner and I'm not really happy with it, but whatever... You don't have to use it. XP
1d44b4fc72.png

mm what do you do once you rescue nurse Joy?

Well thanks for the banner!

After rescuing joy u have to go to the first town, u will know what to do there;)

Last edited:
Years
Good to see you brought Omega here. I have been waiting to comment on it. Anyway, I have not played the beta (yet), but as of now, the hack looks excellent. I have been following the thread ever since you posted it at WAH, and it is excellent. I love your tiles, and your story is is really good. Hope you get the Shiny bug fixed, as well as the door animations!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
wow, this hack looks amazing!
I haven't gotten to play it yet, but i can already tell how great it is!

I can tell you have spent a lot of time on this!
I remember seeing it in WAH on a news thing, but since it was in spanish, i couldn't read it...

Oh well, i can't wait to play it!

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
This hack is looking good. Although, out of ALL the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon, you HAD to choose Bidoof (I wanted them to go extinct...)

Either way, I'm in the forest and I'm having fun even though I'm stuck at the Murkrow's peck (it hits hard...) Great job, and keep up the great work.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
LOL
I also dislike Bidoof XD
and they pop in the wild all the time rofl.
I translated this hack to English... and sure those Bidoofs plagued me XD
now I hate them even more. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
Years
Well, the translation was Faster, extremely Faster o.O.
AntiRelik is a Speedy Gonzales in this. Hehe.
Well, is one of the best hacks what i played in my life :p.
Good Luck Wiht da Beta2. You are great [?]
Haha, nah, just kidding.
Yep, your Hacks is great.
Bye!

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
hello
what game is this a hack of>
because this game looks interesting
i just wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.