• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Pokemon DarkJasper Version

PokemonDarkJasperVersion_zpsc09d5f10.png

Hack Information:
Official Hack Title (Changed as of 1/3/13): Pokemon DarkJasper Version
ROM Base: FireRed BPRE
Creator: shinyabsol1
Hack Status: Progressing

Introduction:

Spoiler:

Story:

Spoiler:

Features:

green = planned/ready for beta 1, orange = questionable

• Day and Night
  • New tiles!
  • New storyline with multiple endings! Your choices make a difference!
  • Physical/Special split!
  • Dynamic weather
  • B/W repel system port
  • New Field moves (ie. Dive and Rock Climb)
  • Headbutt/Honey Trees
  • New Music (some ported from RSE, some from the 4th/5th generation games)
  • Some 4th/5th generation Pokemon
  • Pre-Battle Mugshots
  • Trainer facing fix
  • Run in buildings
  • Daily Events
  • New Attacks and animations (I'll create some completely new ones in addition to adding some 4th/5th gen moves)
  • Updated TM list

Screenshots:

town1.png
Town2.png
r1rep_zpsaf7b4931.png
c4.png

n_r1_zpsfaae9b18.png
screen6-1.png
city1.png
snow2.png

route_zps4549a639.png
map_head_zpsdb4f20da.png
pc_redone_zpse0998a61.png
mart_redone_zps95d5abd5.png

beach_1_zps7583fa1d.png
oak_intro_zps6702a586.png
forest1_zps789587e5.png
sm1_zpsa3ec8208.png

c1_zps5946502e.png
grassyb_zps87a8141d.png
battle_c_zps028bac71.png
battle_w_zps3f2d4ecd.png

More Screenshots!

Spoiler:

Videos:

Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

Updates Coming Soon:

• Hero Overworlds - finished!
  • Trainer Backsprite - finished!
  • Battle Background - finished!
  • World Map - finished!
  • Cave Battle Background - finished!
  • Completely functioning Dive! - finished!

Userbars:

Thanks to Pinkish Purple!
userbaraw.png

LruEc.png

HTML:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285999&page=1][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LruEc.png[/IMG][/URL]

Tools Used:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Beta Progress:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Loves the graphics. They all fit well together. Can't wait to see how amazing the world map will look! World maps are actually my favorite part of rom hacks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Pokémon Jasper Version

Hack Information:
ROM Base: FireRed BPRE
Creator: shinyabsol1

Introduction:

Hello PokéCommunity, I am shinyabsol1. I started hacking a couple of years ago, and since then it has been a goal of mine to create a Pokémon hack. I could have slapped something together a long time ago and put it on here, but instead I decided to do a lot of learning first. So I have spent much time over the past few years getting experience in many different areas of Pokémon ROM hacking. There were struggles at times, but also many successes. Now, I am ready to present to you the beginning stages of my hack (which, at the moment, truly conveys only the tip of the iceberg of what I plan to do)!

Story:

Welcome to Somia: a treacherous yet beautiful land far from all other Pokémon regions. Topical coastline alongside pristine waters and countless isles surround an untamed interior filled with forests that rise up to the regions Heavens mountain range at its center. But don't let the peaceful façade fool you. The region hides a secret that will thrust you into the midst of doings predicted long ago by the oracles of Somia. A radical dream researching team, known as CYPRUS, threaten the security of mind and body alike as they search for "dream cores", the power behind our dreams. Should they succeed in their attempt to gain the power of dreams, nobody is safe from darkness and nightmares. But getting the cores is not simple, and not all cores are alike in power…it will take time and daring penetration into dreams in order to claim these prizes.

What is your role in the fate of the region? Will CYPRUS be able to collect the power of dreams? And just what IS their motive? Find out when you play Pokémon: Jasper Version

Features (will update this soon!):

• Day and Night
  • New tiles!
  • New storyline with multiple endings! Your choices make a difference!
  • New Field moves (ie. Dive and Rock Climb)
  • Headbutt/Honey Trees

Screenshots:

Screen4.png
Screen3.png
Screen1.png

Screen2.png
Screen5.png
Screen6.png

Updates Coming Soon:

• Hero Overworlds
  • Trainer Backsprite
  • Battle Background
  • World Map
  • More Screenshots!

Tools used (thus far):
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:
How to download? I am just being interested in it.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
FrozenInfernoZX said:
Loves the graphics. They all fit well together. Can't wait to see how amazing the world map will look! World maps are actually my favorite part of rom hacks.

Thank you. I tried to make the tiles/palettes fit well together. As for the world map, it is done! I'll upload a screenshot when it is inserted.

Ash493 said:
Nice tiles you have there. (They remind me of Kyledove's tiles =D)
But I would love to see more =)
Tiles are one thing but you should also show some events =)

Thanks. The reason there are no screenshots of events is because I have not started scripting yet. I plan to start today/the next few days.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Screen6.png

My only issue lies in this screenshot, the path to be specific. The edges of the path does not blend with the grass (that darky brown bit) when in fact it should at least be the same colour as the grass, as this looks wrong.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Banjora Marxvile said:
My only issue lies in this screenshot, the path to be specific. The edges of the path does not blend with the grass (that darky brown bit) when in fact it should at least be the same colour as the grass, as this looks wrong.

I noticed that too a while ago, but forgot to change it. Thanks for reminding me! I'll get it done.

Progress Report!

I was having some trouble with the battle background, but I got a solution for my problem. With that issue out of the way, I should be able to provide screenshots of the battle background, hero overworld, and hero battle sprites by sometime tomorrow!

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Wow, I really like the graphics you have used, I actually really want to play this! I'm looking forward to a new player OW, that'll make it look neato!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
DaleH771 said:
Wow, I really like the graphics you have used, I actually really want to play this! I'm looking forward to a new player OW, that'll make it look neato!

Thanks. :)

Update!

Here are a few more screens, showing the new hero overworlds/backsprites and battlebackground!

herooverworld.png

herooverworld2.png

This one also has the professor's lab in it. And ignore the tile error with the fences: I forgot to insert a tile to fix it.

heroback3.png

I was also messing around with the palettes of various battle screen related things, so those color changes are just a draft. What do you guys think of them?

Also, the palette error that Banjora Marxvile noticed has been fixed. I updated that screenshot in the first post.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Thanks. :)

Update!

Here are a few more screens, showing the new hero overworlds/backsprites and battlebackground!

herooverworld.png

herooverworld2.png

This one also has the professor's lab in it. And ignore the tile error with the fences: I forgot to insert a tile to fix it.

heroback3.png

I was also messing around with the palettes of various battle screen related things, so those color changes are just a draft. What do you guys think of them?

Also, the palette error that Banjora Marxvile noticed has been fixed. I updated that screenshot in the first post.

The backsprite and the battle backgrounds are great! and the OW looks nice too!

Good work! :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Can't wait ^^ How long have you been in the Hacking business?

And also, if you need a banner, I am your man ^^ (Thou I'm not really that good yet, I believe I can do a good one for you.

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
tajaros said:
The backsprite and the battle backgrounds are great! and the OW looks nice too!

Good work!

Thanks!

SkyIsDarkBlue said:
Can't wait ^^ How long have you been in the Hacking business?

And also, if you need a banner, I am your man ^^ (Thou I'm not really that good yet, I believe I can do a good one for you.

I have been hacking for around three years. If you would like to do a banner for me, go right ahead!

small Update!

I updated the OP to list a few more features that I plan to have in this hack. And also, I have finished inserting the world map, so I will be uploading a screenshot of that later today when I get around to it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wow. Just wow.

We've finally got another hack with great graphics thus far, in progress on Pokécommunity..
So, in case you've not noticed, the graphics I see in this hack are so goodly done I've no complaints about them.

The story makes me think that
Spoiler:
somewhere, which is good, he's a little underloved anyway.

Anyway, I wish ya the bestest of lucks with this.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Nintendork15 said:
Wow. Just wow.

We've finally got another hack with great graphics thus far, in progress on Pokécommunity..
So, in case you've not noticed, the graphics I see in this hack are so goodly done I've no complaints about them.

The story makes me think that
Spoiler:
somewhere, which is good, he's a little underloved anyway.

Anyway, I wish ya the bestest of lucks with this.

Thanks Nintendork15! I worked hard to get the graphics the way you see them now! And hard on the graphics you don't see yet as well! ;)

lol, I think your hunch about

Spoiler:

Anyways, here's that Update! I promised earlier:

wm.png

World Map!

...Along with a couple of other bonus screenshots:

screen7.png

Port area

screen8.png

A route I've been working on

Also, I've been thinking about a name change for this hack--- I'm not particularly thrilled with the one it has right now. So while I'm thinking about that, I'm open to suggestions from anyone.

What does the rom hack player think is a good title for this hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back