• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Kazo's B/W Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Here are some tools I made for B/W ROM hacking.

BWME edits trainer mugshot sprites.

BWOE edits trainer overworld sprites.

BWSE edit front/back trainer battle sprites.

BWTE edits trainers and their Pokemon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r1rtg5r97lem55e

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2011
Wow great tools!Maybe in about 2-3 years time hack gen 4 and gen 5 will be like hacking gen 3 is now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Posting here, as well, to congratulate your hard work! This is gonna be huge.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
Oooh! the trainer sprite editer gives me some great ideas! (all 3 striaton gym leaders in 1 sprte, and a triple/rotation battle for thr gym!)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Back sprites are in same format as front sprites, and BWSE can edit those too :)

a/0/7/3 Back Sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
All are easy to use, except the Sprite editor, (Mainly trying to edit Chili, Cress, Cilan, Burgh, Roughneck, schoolkid, lass, waitress, scientist(F), swimmer (F), Ranger (M), Scientist (M), and Cynthia) but the Sprite Editer shows them as a mass of pixels, it's probally because I can't read what the Compressor says, but I know it worked on 001 (Hilbert, which showed up right) but not 081(Chili, who showed up as a long line of pixels) why is that?

Years
@iron trapinch: i fine with this tools, i gruping a sprite set for easy to search. i can edit all sprite as i like....

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
Now, I have the sprites in properly, but the game freezes when it tries to load the Mugsprites, I didn't even edit Bianca, but it won't load her, it just freezes and plays the music.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Now, I have the sprites in properly, but the game freezes when it tries to load the Mugsprites, I didn't even edit Bianca, but it won't load her, it just freezes and plays the music.

are you compressing the sprite data and leaving the palette data uncompressed?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
I can't tell tbh, the Trainer Sprite Compressor is in a different Language, and When I use Kiwi to DeCopmress with the Mugs, there's a lot .lz files that appear and don't disapear when re-compressing, I'm going to try again tonight with a clean Black Rom, and see if I can't make some progress. (For the record, making the sprites look right in the editors is no sweat, it's the lack of proper compression training on my end, and I can't find proper tutorials for it either, OW was no issue, but Mugs and Trainers are giving me such trouble).

/art-56/

magik leafer
Years
pleas give me video-tutorial:
1) editing front/back trainer battle sprites.
2) Mugsho sprite editing
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
This SEEMS like just what I need (I just wanna swap the default guy trainer with my own sprite sheet) but I have absolutely no idea how to work this. It may be easy to use for seasoned hackers, but it's not very newbie friendly (I don't even know what a narc is >_< ) I take it a Narc is different than a ROM, which means I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to using this?
Nevermind! Guess they were easier to use than I thought! ^_^'

Last edited:

jvpski3

Banned
Years
You rule! Thank you for the tools!

Also, Nitro Explorer was created by me. So, go on my website right next to my username. Thanks for the tools, too! My new filespace sucks. I am gonna make a new one soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Errrm im having a major problem with the trainer edit. For some odd reason, after i edit a trainer, (note: its a random trainer per rom?) the trainers eye would catch me, but nothing would happen, as if the battle event isnt there? i dont mess with the unknown slots with the trainer but right now i dont know what to do about the trainer ( In the first gym, the first trainer needs editting....). Also
Abit off subject is there an Event edit for black and white? I need to edit and add just a couple off events to my hack.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
just figured I'd note, the sprite editor works on BW2 games too, a/0/0/4
iaza12773154265400.png

(it's got a scarf on now);

Lifesolstice

Magikarp Tail
Years
Wow, amazing tools! They will definitely become huge in V generation hacking! Congratulations on these amazing tools! (:

They aren't easy things tools to use though. They also aren't extremely hard though, either.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Lifesolstice, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Magius, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back